BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

M3 takes the one-two punch punch from the c63 and Cayman S-KNOCKOUT!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:19 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
M3 takes the one-two punch punch from the c63 and Cayman S-KNOCKOUT!

m3 was pitted against the c63 amg and the cayman s and came out the loser in both battles.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98380

some memerable quotes

'amg is ahead in the overall package'

'in a straight squit the cayman pulls away too, but in those corners, short of a level of heroics this road tester readily admits to lacking, it leaves the m3 at an apparent standstill'

[about the m3] 'everyone needs to dismiss that this thing is practical'

'the beemer is RUBBISH in comparison'

'as it is, forced to decide between the cayman and the m3, no force would be required'

[the cayman] 'is good enough to justify a vasectomy'

'in every imaginable respect, the Porsche is the superior sports car'

Old 11-29-2007, 08:38 AM
911m3s2k is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
m3 was pitted against the c63 amg and the cayman s and came out the loser in both battles.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98380

some memerable quotes

'amg is ahead in the overall package'

'in a straight squit the cayman pulls away too, but in those corners, short of a level of heroics this road tester readily admits to lacking, it leaves the m3 at an apparent standstill'

[about the m3] 'everyone needs to dismiss that this thing is practical'

'the beemer is RUBBISH in comparison'

'as it is, forced to decide between the cayman and the m3, no force would be required'

[the cayman] 'is good enough to justify a vasectomy'

'in every imaginable respect, the Porsche is the superior sports car'
The only comment worth considering is the one that speaks to the Merc being a better 'overall package'. I've heard the same elsewhere...

I'm NOT a fan of the new M3, but pitting it against the Cayman S is a useless comparison. Why not compare it to a Ducati 1098 or a Lotus Elise?

Old 11-29-2007, 09:00 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 911m3s2k
The only comment worth considering is the one that speaks to the Merc being a better 'overall package'. I've heard the same elsewhere...

I'm NOT a fan of the new M3, but pitting it against the Cayman S is a useless comparison. Why not compare it to a Ducati 1098 or a Lotus Elise?
they were comparing based mostly on price. seeing as bmw is raising the price of the m3 close to P car territory. most people see it as, well for 70k i can have a suped up 3 series or a Porsche, well most people will opt for the Porsche.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:43 AM
///Milan is infamous around these parts
Yeah I agree, by putting the M3 at this price point they HAVE to compare to the Cayman S. They can try to hide behind the 'it's a different class' excuse but the fact is, for the price I'd consider both so they better compare.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by ///Milan
Yeah I agree, by putting the M3 at this price point they HAVE to compare to the Cayman S. They can try to hide behind the 'it's a different class' excuse but the fact is, for the price I'd consider both so they better compare.
yea its funny because M3 owners will love to try to compare it to a Porsche, bu then when it gets beat in comparos like this they go well "we have a backseat' or 'theyre in different classes' blah blah blah

Old 11-29-2007, 11:07 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
wow................ u just dont give up

How about just going to the other sections and posting positives on cars you like already LOL

Your screen name will be changed to Dr. Negativo LOL!

Old 11-29-2007, 11:22 AM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Im really surprised on the amount of negative comments on the new M3

Old 11-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Smoltz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DJ

How about just going to the other sections and posting positives on cars you like already LOL

The funny part is that he was just as negative about the E46 M3 until he bought one. LOL.

-Adam

Old 11-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Smoltz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 911m3s2k

Interestlingy enough, it was only the Cayman, not the S.

-Adam

Old 11-29-2007, 12:27 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Porsche c4 has dedicated his life to it .

Old 11-29-2007, 12:39 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Smoltz
Interestlingy enough, it was only the Cayman, not the S.

-Adam
Actually, it was indeed a Cayman S.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:41 PM
911m3s2k is infamous around these parts
they were comparing based mostly on price. seeing as bmw is raising the price of the m3 close to P car territory. most people see it as, well for 70k i can have a suped up 3 series or a Porsche, well most people will opt for the Porsche.
Originally Posted by ///Milan
OK and I'll still state that IMO comparing just because they're the same price is useless. I'm not a fan of the M3, so this isn't someone just trying to defend a car because they happen to like it. The Cayman and the M3 are two completely different cars and shouldn't be compared.

If you don't agree, you should tell the trade rags they need to start writing there Bentley Brooklands vs. Lamborghini LP640 articles, they're both about $350K.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Smoltz
The funny part is that he was just as negative about the E46 M3 until he bought one. LOL.

-Adam
actually im still very critical of *MY* m3 as well. its actually for sale.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by DJ

i dont have any problems with the cars Porsche, ferrari, or lambo are producing.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:14 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
i dont have any problems with the cars Porsche, Ferrari, or Lambo are producing.

Great ........so go buy one already and talk about the positive aspects of those rides and participate in those sections!!! LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3 takes the one-two punch punch from the c63 and Cayman S-KNOCKOUT!