BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

BMW Announces pricing for the M3 Coupe and Sedan - Official Price: $57,275 / $54,575

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 05:57 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ltng
if you're doing that much track time, buy a lotus.
Why should he buy a Lotus?

Old 01-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Raz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to all
The Sedans are going to sell like hotcakes at that price.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
OMG... thats cheap... i really wonder how the hell can BMW Hk price the E92 M3 at 1.4m even with the ridiculous 100% tax, it should still be 500k cheaper! the M3 is still 400k premium over a C63 here!!!

i'm soooo buying one in Vancouver later, but now i bet the waiting list is gonna be at least a year. just hope Canadian MSRP will not be such a premium over USD as the currency has been on par... otherwise i'll just buy a US car.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:16 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
The Canadian price will be considerably higher. My Canadian friends are *****ing about how that's what they pay for a near base 335 up North.

They can price the car so low due to pure volume in the US compared to the rest of the World... that, and the fact the dealers can't sell M5's and M6's at all now. The M3/4 is just going to cannibalize more M5 sales.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
Gt-r is a better buy

Old 01-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stuka
I have had three M3's, and I have zero interest in this one.

3600 pounds? Why? For what?

Single piston caliper brakes that fades after one session of tracking? Laughable especially since the 135 has better brakes than this sorry car.

The E36 was great because it was nimble, with great handling, and reasonably quick.

The E46 was great because it finally had some power without gaining severe amount of weight.

3600 pounds means that it is no longer a sports sedan, but a GT like everybody else. There is no longer anything special about the M3.

A sad day really. I had hoped that it would come with 400HP in a 3400 pound package like the E46 M3, and this time, with real brakes.

I don't know why anyone would get this sorry car over a nicely kept 2002 996 Turbo 6 speed.
This whining about the weight is ridiculous. My E46 M3 weighed 3500 with SMG. You really think YOU are going to be able to tell the difference between a car with 3500 pounds and 3600 pounds? I doubt it. And while getting caught up in the discussion of weight, the new motor is actually lighter anyway. If a hundred pounds means soooooo much, it does not exactly take a German engineer to figure out how to eliminate it on your own.

Last edited by CURI0; 01-16-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:06 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
I went from the E46 M3 to a 996 Turbo. They weigh the same.

Warranty? That's the most laughable thing I have ever heard.

I had my M3 for less than two years with about 20 track days. The engine was replaced under warranty, so was the diff, so was the drive shaft, the guibo, and a host of other little things.

My Turbo had the same amount of mileage and track days, and it spent less than three days at the shop the whole 28K miles I had it. And one was for the scheduled oil change.

This M3 is nur optik. Who gives a scheiße about CF roof when the damn thing weighs 3600 pounds? How about spending that R&D on actually making the car lighter instead of this ricer bling?
Maybe the problem isn't the M3, sounds like its you.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:09 AM
stuka will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CURI0
This whining about the weight is ridiculous. My E46 M3 weighed 3500 with SMG. You really think YOU are going to be able to tell the difference between a car with 3500 pounds and 3600 pounds? I doubt it. And while getting caught up in the discussion of weight, the new motor is actually lighter anyway.
Here we go, another BMW apologist.

Mine had three options, xenon, metallic paint, and SMG, and it weighed in at less than 3400. Must be that powered cupholder, eh?

And why is it ridiculous? What is ridiculous is the fact that for 65K the car still comes without brakes, but hey, because it's got a roundel it must be god's gift to the motoring world, right?

Last edited by stuka; 01-16-2008 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:12 AM
Banned
Here we go, another BMW apologist.

Mine had three options, xenon and SMG, and it weighed in at less than 3400. Must be that powered cupholder, eh?

And why is it ridiculous? What is ridiculous is the fact that for 65K the car still comes without brakes, but hey, because it's got a roundel it must be god's gift to the motoring world, right?
I'm curious, how much time have you spent with the new M3? You have had it on the track? Oh man, I am sure it will feel like a slouch next to that featherweight 3400 pound E46. I remember deluded individuals complaining about the weight when the E46 M3 came out. Funny, they were all E36 owners.

The car is priced VERY damn well. If you actually knew about the pricing the rest of the world has you would be on your knees in front of BMWNA. Maybe in between your crying sessions you could do a google search?

Old 01-16-2008, 12:13 AM
Maybe the problem isn't the M3, sounds like its you.
Owww, somebody insulted your precious little M3 that you had to get personal?

3600 pounds is 3600 pounds, crappy brakes is crappy brakes. Just because it has a roundel on it doesn't make it less so.

A 3500 pound E46 M3, wow, let me guess, premium, NAV, subwoofer form the HK, SMG, power seats, bling bling sunroof, did I miss anything?

I can tell when my fuel tank is low in both the GT2 and the E30, and I sure as hell was able to tell the weight difference when in the E46 M3, perhaps YOU could not?

Old 01-16-2008, 12:16 AM
Banned
Owww, somebody insulted your precious little M3 that you had to get personal?

3600 pounds is 3600 pounds, crappy brakes is crappy brakes. Just because it has a roundel on it doesn't make it less so.

A 3500 pound E46 M3, wow, let me guess, premium, NAV, subwoofer form the HK, SMG, power seats, bling bling sunroof, did I miss anything?

I can tell when my fuel tank is low in both the GT2 and the E30, and I sure as hell was able to tell the weight difference when in the E46 M3, perhaps YOU could not?
I would not pretend to know the difference between when the fuel tank was full or empty in the M3. No one needs a dyno anymore, they just need to stick your *** in the seat and you will be able to tell them how many gallons of fuel they have, how much hp they are putting out the wheels, and how much window washer fluid is left.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm curious, how much time have you spent with the new M3? You have had it on the track? Oh man, I am sure it will feel like a slouch next to that featherweight 3400 pound E46. I remember deluded individuals complaining about the weight when the E46 M3 came out. Funny, they were all E36 owners.

The car is priced VERY damn well. If you actually knew about the pricing the rest of the world has you would be on your knees in front of BMWNA. Maybe in between your crying sessions you could do a google search?
I don't need to drive a Lincoln Navigator to know that it drives like scheiße. I don't need to drive a 3600 pound car with no brakes to know that it will not be fun on the track.

Trust me, I know more about being an expat than you can imagine, so spare me the "but! but! it's so cheap here" drivel. At 65K, there are others that are more interesting, faster, and more reliable cars out there.

So, how many M3's have you owned? and how many miles have you put in each? Since you seems to be such a knowledgeable defender of all things Bay Em Vay?

Old 01-16-2008, 12:20 AM
I would not pretend to know the difference between when the fuel tank was full or empty in the M3. No one needs a dyno anymore, they just need to stick your *** in the seat and you will be able to tell them how many gallons of fuel they have, how much hp they are putting out the wheels, and how much window washer fluid is left.
If you can't tell the difference between a full tank E46 M3 and one with a quarter tank, perhaps you should spend more time on the track?

So, how many M3's have you had? How many days on the track with the E46?

And lastly, do you wear out the rear pads faster than the fronts?

Old 01-16-2008, 12:23 AM
Banned
I don't need to drive a Lincoln Navigator to know that it drives like scheiße. I don't need to drive a 3600 pound car with no brakes to know that it will not be fun on the track.

Trust me, I know more about being an expat than you can imagine, so spare me the "but! but! it's so cheap here" drivel. At 65K, there are others that are more interesting, faster, and more reliable cars out there.

So, how many M3's have you owned? and how many miles have you put in each? Since you seems to be such a knowledgeable defender of all things Bay Em Vay?
Right, there is a long list of cars for 65k I would rather have than the new M3.... such as..... uh... how long is that list again? Mine seems to be empty. I like how you are able to predict the reliability too. Not only are you an expert and a fortune teller, but modest as well!

The guy who can tell the world of difference between an empty tank and a full tank doesn't need to drive the car to know how it feels? I am truly impressed. Not only are your senses in tune when inside the car, you even know how a car feels without having ever sat in it. My hat off to you sir.

I have had 4 BMW's over the past 6 years, but why does that matter? I don't need to drive them to know what they are like right? I will just wait for you to tell me.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:23 AM
Banned
If you can't tell the difference between a full tank E46 M3 and one with a quarter tank, perhaps you should spend more time on the track?

So, how many M3's have you had? How many days on the track with the E46?

And lastly, do you wear out the rear pads faster than the fronts?
Stunning revelation: Everyone who buys an M3 does not live on the track. The vast majority won't even see the track!

*The crowd gasps in horror*

10 track days, should I include auto crossing or do you consider that lame? If so, I won't do it again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BMW Announces pricing for the M3 Coupe and Sedan - Official Price: $57,275 / $54,575