BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

M5, E63, or S8?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 10:45 PM
jtcturbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DeMejico
I think the M5 is perfect because whenever your looking for a "spirited drive" just push M!!! The problem I would have with the e63 is that there is all that power on all the time, and I think that after a while it would get annoying.
i'm sorry but this must be the dumbest reply ever. u think a car is annoying because it has too much power all the time than i guess u must hate the Mercedes SLR McLaren 722 b/c that stupid car has 650 hp on all the time

Old 02-04-2008, 12:52 PM
DeMejico is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jtcturbo
i'm sorry but this must be the dumbest reply ever. u think a car is annoying because it has too much power all the time than i guess u must hate the Mercedes SLR McLaren 722 b/c that stupid car has 650 hp on all the time
Well if were talking about a "supercar" than the car should have the power on all the time, but were talking about a car that will be used as a daily driver (commuting, traffic, etc.) I'm not sure if you live in a congested area, but being from the LA area trust me you don't want a 500+ horsepower car in traffic. Again, were talking about a commuting car not a SLR. By the way I have to agree that the S8 looks classy. You have a hard choice. If this were me I would be leaning towards the M5, but the S8 might be too sexy to pass it up

Old 02-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Eurorus is infamous around these parts
i wont make it easy, but I will say to you. AUDI S8, is the best choice, M5 and E63 are great, but when u would seat, start the engine, hear the sound of B&O sound system, feel the grip of AUDI S8, u will know that it is IT, the choice. It is status, this is a true gentelsmen car. Take S8 in daytona grey, or white, or black and be one of them, first sight respect person. Good luck. then only person who will make this, is you.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Dan
Dan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to behold
I'm surprised with the majority of the answers leaning towards the M5. Mind you, you did post it in a BMW forum. But I would say since you have the luxury of a Ferrari a S8 would be a good decision. Just sit in it, the seats are amazing.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Hernando is infamous around these parts
I wouldn't consider the E63, but that's just me.
The only mercs I would consider are the S65&63 and CL's.

I love the M5, if it were me i would probably get that car. Lots of fun to drive, and looks great, and it's just as comfortable as the E.

The S8 is a great car as well, however it lacks the power. Very refined and AMAZING stereo. Very comfortable, and in LA traffic it may be great, maybe even the best choice.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:07 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
i took a drive on a white m5 that i have agreed to buy, but waiting for the paperwork. i had driven the smg only on a m3 before that. well, i got very frustrated just trying to get the car out of the parking lot. after a short drive, i came to the conclusion that i hate SMG.

i am now slightly more than 1000 miles on my new E63, it is smooth, powerful and full of luxury. this is my only car now and i couldn't be happier with it.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:44 AM
O.soderberg is infamous around these parts
I'd go for the Audi S8 or Mercedes benz Cls 55/63

Old 02-05-2008, 11:00 AM
swordsman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by trovan
i took a drive on a white m5 that i have agreed to buy, but waiting for the paperwork. i had driven the smg only on a m3 before that. well, i got very frustrated just trying to get the car out of the parking lot. after a short drive, i came to the conclusion that i hate SMG.

i am now slightly more than 1000 miles on my new E63, it is smooth, powerful and full of luxury. this is my only car now and i couldn't be happier with it.

Yeah I've also heard from others that the SMG is a bit frustrating to operate at times.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying your new E63.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Mvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura about
M5 all day long

Old 02-05-2008, 01:48 PM
BD 997 is infamous around these parts
M5... and like he said a WHITE ONE WITH AN EXHAUST...

Old 02-05-2008, 05:49 PM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
Peter, killer leases on the E63 right now...ask AW about the M5, great car but he was filling it up twice a week LOL. I believe Peter lemon'd his...I've driven the M5 full tilt on the inside track at California Speedway, amazing car, but not sure if it's what I'd want to drive everday if I had a 430 in the Garage. S8 seems to fit you best- fits your personality...

Old 02-06-2008, 12:51 PM
swordsman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bumble996
Peter, killer leases on the E63 right now...ask AW about the M5, great car but he was filling it up twice a week LOL. I believe Peter lemon'd his...I've driven the M5 full tilt on the inside track at California Speedway, amazing car, but not sure if it's what I'd want to drive everday if I had a 430 in the Garage. S8 seems to fit you best- fits your personality...

Thanks Albert for the insightful opinion..yeah now I'm definitely leaning heavily towards the S8.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Scryer_360 is infamous around these parts
If this is for stop and go LA traffic, I recommend a Lexus LS600h.

What? Come on, your going to be stuck behind some old lady in gridlock anyway, might as well not burn any gas while doing it...

Old 02-06-2008, 08:43 PM
sp330 is infamous around these parts
The S8 would definitely be the best choice for daily driving. But as someone has said its lease will be much higher than the E63 or M5.

Cost wise an E63 would be best, I wouldn't want to drive an SMG in traffic (the manual just wasn't intended for the car it feels wrong).

Old 02-06-2008, 09:08 PM
rob32 is infamous around these parts
I've driven both the M5 and S8, and if I had an F430, I would get the S8 as a daily. Don't get me wrong, I love the M5 and it's a truly awesome car, extremely fast, amazing steering, and fantastic handling, and the list goes on and on. But if you are comparing that to the S8, the S8 has no competitors in luxury. It just sucks you in, the B&O sounds really sick, the valcona leather is nice, the mmi is way easier to work than iDrive. It's not as fast as the M5 but it is smoother, and that is probably a pretty big factor for you as a daily driver. Where in the M5 as the revs get higher it punches you into the seat harder, the S8 just pushes you in smoothly from the get go until redline. Also the S8 has more room for kids or friends.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M5, E63, or S8?