BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Fabspeed/PES 335i on dyno

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
I believe they used a gtech pro for these tests
Originally Posted by Jmoney
Intresting When / Where was the 116mph traps done at ? Or is that a calculated guess.

Intresting When / Where was the 116mph traps done at ? Or is that a calculated guess.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Banned
Tony - PES will become famous soon enough
Correct. We did tons of runs and used the avg. We have used the GTP on lots of cars and the results are very accurate. These #'s are not surprising considering the HP/TQ the car is making. the biggest problem is traction. We are just trying to give an estimate. Of course tires, road temp, weight, traction and many other variables will effect the times.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:25 PM
ap1dc5 is on a distinguished road
wow nice......
Good work fabspeed!

Old 03-03-2008, 02:22 PM
rooster3.0 is on a distinguished road
What is the max boost on this tune? Do you bypass the boost solenoids? Does it have a user inteface for map changes and datalogging? Does it support a switch that will change between a stock and tuned map(for when the car is in service)? Sorry for all the questions

Old 03-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Banned
335 Dyno video now on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChQLlApkDFQ

A few other videos on our channel at...

http://www.youtube.com/PEStuning

More coming soon. we plan to video the 335 racing a stock 996TT and 997TT and new M5. Should be interesting.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:22 PM
MCJ
MCJ will become famous soon enoughMCJ will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by rooster3.0
What is the max boost on this tune? Do you bypass the boost solenoids? Does it have a user inteface for map changes and datalogging? Does it support a switch that will change between a stock and tuned map(for when the car is in service)?

All questions I'd lke to know the answers to as well.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
1. Max boost is 16-17psi which slowly tapers off to 12-13psi in the upper rpm range.
2. There is no user interface to switch programs or datalog. It is just a simple module that gives you a ton of power, without sacrifising reliability or driveability of the car! I have a member on this forum scheduled for an install on the 15th, and I'm sure he will post his before and after results
3. If you ever bring the car in for service you can pull out the module and the dealer will not have a clue it was there. There are three wires that come out of the unit. One gets grounded to the body and the other two are installed into the factory ECU harness using OEM BMW pin connectors.

Originally Posted by MCJ
All questions I'd lke to know the answers to as well.

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 03-03-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:39 PM
WOW! 16-17 psi is serious business. And two cars have been running this boost since last summer? Anyone in jersey with this tune? i'd like to compare it to my current unit. Also, where does unit source it's power from, constant or switched power?

Old 03-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Former Vendor
If you want to give PES a call to check out one of their cars give them a call and I am sure they would be more than happy to help you out buddy. Yes, PES ordered 2 cars when they first came out and have been driving them ever since with no issues! What unit are you running now?
WOW! 16-17 psi is serious business. And two cars have been running this boost since last summer? Anyone in jersey with this tune? i'd like to compare it to my current unit. Also, where does unit source it's power from, constant or switched power?

Old 03-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Banned
One of our partners lives in northern NJ. If you PM me I can set up a demo for you. Maybe you can race him with your current unit

Old 03-03-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm using the procede v2.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Tony - PES
One of our partners lives in northern NJ. If you PM me I can set up a demo for you. Maybe you can race him with your current unit

I don't have enough posts to pm anyone At 16-17psi i hope he smokes me but, i'd still love to find out.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:59 PM
bimmer335i07 is on a distinguished road
Have him contact me too! I would like to check out this tune.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:21 AM
Banned
If you cant PM, no problem. Just drop me and e-mail with your contact info and I will have Dave contact you to meet up. My e-mail is...

info@pes-tuning.com

Old 03-04-2008, 02:42 PM
If you cant PM, no problem. Just drop me and e-mail with your contact info and I will have Dave contact you to meet up. My e-mail is...

info@pes-tuning.com
you got it.

Originally Posted by bimmer335i07
Have him contact me too! I would like to check out this tune.

What's going on scott? Lookin for trouble?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed/PES 335i on dyno