Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 03:53 PM
euroboy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tony - PES
335 Dyno video now on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChQLlApkDFQ

A few other videos on our channel at...

http://www.youtube.com/PEStuning

More coming soon. we plan to video the 335 racing a stock 996TT and 997TT and new M5. Should be interesting.
please do hurry on these videos

Old 03-11-2008, 09:47 PM
euroboy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tony - PES
Correct. We did tons of runs and used the avg. We have used the GTP on lots of cars and the results are very accurate. These #'s are not surprising considering the HP/TQ the car is making. the biggest problem is traction. We are just trying to give an estimate. Of course tires, road temp, weight, traction and many other variables will effect the times.
3500 pounds @ 350whp @ 116mph is a bit generous nevertheless.

If you compare it with similiar cars (hp and weight) ls2/ls3/911's, you will see that a 3500 pounds car with 350whp is closer to 112-114 range. Which is still nevertheless very good. Most chip-only 335i are running 108-112mph in the traps.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:54 AM
Banned
KingMotor is on a distinguished road
holy! 350WHP wow.........i must get one!

Old 03-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Banned
EEGPorches is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by euroboy
3500 pounds @ 350whp @ 116mph is a bit generous nevertheless.

If you compare it with similiar cars (hp and weight) ls2/ls3/911's, you will see that a 3500 pounds car with 350whp is closer to 112-114 range. Which is still nevertheless very good. Most chip-only 335i are running 108-112mph in the traps.
do we still need to dyno tune the car after the install?

Old 03-15-2008, 10:40 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by EEGPorches
do we still need to dyno tune the car after the install?
no, a dyno tune is not necessary. its a plug and play unit, just need to allow for adaptation from the ECU. trust me, the results are good!

Old 03-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Banned
EEGPorches is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
no, a dyno tune is not necessary. its a plug and play unit, just need to allow for adaptation from the ECU. trust me, the results are good!
nice!
i assume if i add intake and exhaust, i will have around 400WHP?

Old 03-16-2008, 01:02 AM
Konsept is on a distinguished road
Will this be any bit tunable or will there be downloadable maps per say for upgraded components such as exhaust, downpipes, etc?

These numbers are very tempting and that's coming from the great white north

Old 03-16-2008, 08:32 AM
rooster3.0 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PorscheC4

so you got you unit? my buddy ash bought your ss race from you a couple weeks ago. i'm curious to know which two wires get intersected. Also, are you running a boost gauge?

Originally Posted by konsept
Will this be any bit tunable or will there be downloadable maps per say for upgraded components such as exhaust, downpipes, etc?
no this unit does not have the ability to be tuned. But is does currently offer the highest claimed power and boost of all tunes out there. I'm waiting to see a cutomer dyno.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:11 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by EEGPorches
nice!
i assume if i add intake and exhaust, i will have around 400WHP?
i *think* with catless downpipes, exhaust and intake you should have around 390-400 rwhp.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by rooster3.0
so you got you unit? my buddy ash bought your ss race from you a couple weeks ago. i'm curious to know which two wires get intersected. Also, are you running a boost gauge?

no this unit does not have the ability to be tuned. But is does currently offer the highest claimed power and boost of all tunes out there. I'm waiting to see a cutomer dyno.
yes, i got the unit put in yesterday. once i get the dyno files, i will be creating a thread. the gains were good (and considering my car only had 850 miles on it, they will on get stronger once the ECU adapts).

ash was a cool guy, very good guy to do business with.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:56 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
EEGPorsches - I am not sure what gains are to be had from an intake on this car.. But I know a good filter like BMC is known to show a few.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:03 PM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
My saab is at 32000 miles now and I usually dump a car before the warranty is out. Reading about the 335i and doing this mod seems fun. Also considering a Evo X as it appears they are getting an extra 150 hp out of their mods even though no official flash is available yet. If only the X wasn't so ugly.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by WyattH
EEGPorsches - I am not sure what gains are to be had from an intake on this car.. But I know a good filter like BMC is known to show a few.
you are correct. streamline or bmc should yield a good gain over the stock paper filter. i will be doing the streamline once it becomes available. as long as my car hits ~375 rwhp/rwtq ill be content.

EEG-a chip, air filter, and catless downpipes should get you well along your way, and all for only anywhere between 1300-2300 (depending on the chip you buy).

Old 03-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Konsept is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rooster3.0
Bummer

How safe would it be then with downpipes, exhaust and an intake?

Old 03-16-2008, 07:02 PM
M BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud of
I can't wait to see the 135i with that kind of power.

That little car is going to be a monster.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed/PES 335i on dyno