BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

335xi vs. S4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 09:27 AM
DorianGrayFFM is a jewel in the roughDorianGrayFFM is a jewel in the roughDorianGrayFFM is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Admins/Mods/OP, apologies for the highjack....

Originally Posted by youngbimmer
exactly, concerning the interior,I have to say that it really is a matter of individual taste if you prefer BMW or Audi....
I completely agree with you. The BMW interior is getting a little old and it's time for them to change it up some. When they do, I am sure it will be really nice looking. But the picture above is exactly, to a T, how I will have mine if I decide to go with a BMW. I love that contrast.

Here's a picture I found from the new S4.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
I went to school for car design, and almost every car design studio has an Audi in house as there bench mark for interiors.

I like BMWs, but have been burned by there problem areas too many times now and can't see myself buying another one.

Every Audi I have owned has been reliable.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:17 PM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by LaneS@MAcarbon
I like BMWs, but have been burned by there problem areas too many times
well,I have to admit that this is a thing that really sucks...especially the electronics tend to be a problem area in the newer models.

I HATE error codes...

but if you have a well running car without any problems,it definitely is the ultimate driving machine.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:53 PM
YSITSMN is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jmoney
Ya sure,,,, BMW > Audi on every car they build. End of story. BTW a stock S4 is slower then a stock 335i. After Mods they're not even in the same zip code.
08 RS6 wagon!! what BMW touches this car???

2000 S4 VS 2000 m3 is a close call. But a tuned B5 S4 beats the snot out of a tuned M3.

I have had both cars different makes and models. I drive my car every day rain, snow or shine. It says allot when a manufacture is banned from racing. And sorry to say but BMW does not have a current Dominating Race car they are middle of the pack.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:29 AM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by YSITSMN
08 RS6 wagon!! what BMW touches this car???

2000 S4 VS 2000 m3 is a close call. But a tuned B5 S4 beats the snot out of a tuned M3.

I have had both cars different makes and models. I drive my car every day rain, snow or shine. It says allot when a manufacture is banned from racing. And sorry to say but BMW does not have a current Dominating Race car they are middle of the pack.
RS6 is only a straight line beast and isn't even sold in America . It's only until the next gen TT M5 comes out soon enough. Also the cars your talking about was 9 years ago this is now that was then.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:29 AM
DorianGrayFFM is a jewel in the roughDorianGrayFFM is a jewel in the roughDorianGrayFFM is a jewel in the rough
It's not only a straight line beast and your original statement had nothing to do with regional markets. It was/is your opinion and has little to do with fact. We get it, you think BMW is the best. Cool. I think they are the most fun to drive also. But to make a blanket statement like you did is usually ignorant of facts. Save yourself the rolling eyes smilies...

Old 01-09-2009, 09:42 AM
TTony will become famous soon enoughTTony will become famous soon enough
If you have $35k to spend on an AWD daily driver that would be used for the track sometimes, here are your main choices for cars produced in last 10 years:

BMW 335Xi
Audi S4
Mitsubishi EVO
Subaru WRX
Jeep GC SRT-8
Porsche 996 TT

No question I would go with the 996TT (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-30ks-wow.html). If a longer term warranty was required, I would go with the 335Xi.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:18 PM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
[quote=TTony;2206949]If you have $35k to spend on an AWD daily driver that would be used for the track sometimes, here are your main choices for cars produced in last 10 years:

BMW 335Xi
Audi S4
Mitsubishi EVO
Subaru WRX
Jeep GC SRT-8
Porsche 996 TT

No question I would go with the 996TT (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-30ks-wow.html). If a longer term warranty was required, I would go with the 335Xi.[/quote}

well,the 996TT sure would easily win in this comparison
but you have to keep in mind that you have to keep the car running.
Maintenance,insurance,gas,mods etc.
Buying the car is the cheap part

btw,the original poster is ghost

2 posts and gone

Old 01-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Heckler58 is on a distinguished road
Ha, whatever I'm still here, I just can't say much since I really don't know much. Hence I asked . I'm getting a lot of good insight and points though, thanks guys. Seems like the general consensus is the 335xi in terms of performance. What's this I read about "BMW's problem areas" in an earlier post? I really don't know what that pertains to.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:35 PM
YSITSMN is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=youngbimmer;2207302]
Originally Posted by TTony
If you have $35k to spend on an AWD daily driver that would be used for the track sometimes, here are your main choices for cars produced in last 10 years:

BMW 335Xi
Audi S4
Mitsubishi EVO
Subaru WRX
Jeep GC SRT-8
Porsche 996 TT

No question I would go with the 996TT (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-30ks-wow.html). If a longer term warranty was required, I would go with the 335Xi.[/quote}

Second that, I would get another 996TT. There are still a few out there that are in great shape and they can be turned into monsters. But I need a practical car so I will stay with the RS4.

well,the 996TT sure would easily win in this comparison
but you have to keep in mind that you have to keep the car running.
Maintenance,insurance,gas,mods etc.
Buying the car is the cheap part

btw,the original poster is ghost

2 posts and gone

Old 01-11-2009, 04:52 PM
pseto will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Heckler58
Ha, whatever I'm still here, I just can't say much since I really don't know much. Hence I asked . I'm getting a lot of good insight and points though, thanks guys. Seems like the general consensus is the 335xi in terms of performance. What's this I read about "BMW's problem areas" in an earlier post? I really don't know what that pertains to.

the main problem with the 335s are the fuel pump, but that has now been corrected. i agree with many above that for performance, the BMW will win every time. they just handle soooo much better than Audis. I like Audi interiors, but thats about it.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:29 PM
IndebtS5 has a reputation beyond reputeIndebtS5 has a reputation beyond reputeIndebtS5 has a reputation beyond reputeIndebtS5 has a reputation beyond reputeIndebtS5 has a reputation beyond reputeIndebtS5 has a reputation beyond reputeIndebtS5 has a reputation beyond reputeIndebtS5 has a reputation beyond reputeIndebtS5 has a reputation beyond reputeIndebtS5 has a reputation beyond reputeIndebtS5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pseto
the main problem with the 335s are the fuel pump, but that has now been corrected. i agree with many above that for performance, the BMW will win every time. they just handle soooo much better than Audis. I like Audi interiors, but thats about it.

opinions opinions!! I just thinks its funny that Audi came out with quattro in '80..the only other company that had AWD was Subaru. Bmw didnt do it until 90 +/-? Audi has been refining Quattro ever since. Now you can get AWD in a Ford Tarus

Say what you want but you only need one Audi and you can drive it 24/365 yet the BMW Chapter member has a 335 prob as a Daily, M roadster for sunny days and an X5 for bad weather..I have an S5 and probably have more fun more of the time and dont have 2 car payments...

Old 01-12-2009, 06:38 AM
pseto will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by IndebtS5
opinions opinions!! I just thinks its funny that Audi came out with quattro in '80..the only other company that had AWD was Subaru. Bmw didnt do it until 90 +/-? Audi has been refining Quattro ever since. Now you can get AWD in a Ford Tarus

Say what you want but you only need one Audi and you can drive it 24/365 yet the BMW Chapter member has a 335 prob as a Daily, M roadster for sunny days and an X5 for bad weather..I have an S5 and probably have more fun more of the time and dont have 2 car payments...
thats right, the OP asked for opinions and I gave him mine. whats wrong with having different cars for different purposes? cars are mostly toys to me and driving 1 car all the time would be boring IMO

Old 02-20-2009, 07:04 AM
lidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to all
So I've read the post on this thread and I am a little surprised. I'm considering buy an 06 S4, but the 07 335i is also the same price point. Aside from styling, as that is a topic which seems to be in dispute, what car has the best performance stock. Which one wins 0-60, 1/4 Mile, skidpad, etc. I'm looking at the 2wd version of the 335i.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:04 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
If it helps you out...my wife had an '02 Audi that she just adored. She now drives an X5 and her lease is up in July of this year and is now searching for her next car. She loved the styling of my 335i (no X) and handling so much she is 99% sure she will get the '09 335xi. Her quote that I agree 100% with ---- "Audi's interiors are beautiful and nicer than the BMW but the styling (especially the front end grill area) and performace pails in comparison to the BMW"

No doubt Audi is a master of the awd system

Drive them both and see for yourself. Two good choices IMO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 335xi vs. S4