BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

My New Project Car about to Begin!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 11:18 AM
///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about
so whats next?

Old 02-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
nice!

Old 02-06-2009, 10:16 PM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
the little car that could

nice combo

Old 02-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I got the Berk Technology exhaust coming this week. Also the RISS Racing intake system. Stay tuned

Old 02-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by 8speed
That's like the smartest kid with down syndrome! Who cares how fast it is...........

The 1 series is quite possibly the ugliest BMW ever produced. Good luck with that
So is the IS-F but no one is saying anything I'd rather drive this 135 then an IS-Fail anyday..

Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
love the car. drove one and it was really amazing. but why the auto though?
Because the Auto is faster literally.

Originally Posted by vividracing
I got the Berk Technology exhaust coming this week. Also the RISS Racing intake system. Stay tuned
Nice can't wait to hear it. Are you making your own flash? I'd like to see a flash that would put an N54 in the 11's like the JB3 that would be a breakthrough!

Old 02-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Reach is a splendid one to beholdReach is a splendid one to beholdReach is a splendid one to beholdReach is a splendid one to beholdReach is a splendid one to beholdReach is a splendid one to behold
Don't forget a Quife limited slip differential (easy and cheap since the auto's didn't get a welded gear), and consider performance downpipes and exhaust systems from CP-e as well, I'd go with them for maximum engineering and maximum power.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We are doing the Berk Technology exhaust with the Agency Power downpipes. JB3 is hooking us up on the ECU

Old 02-13-2009, 12:41 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
not a huge fan of this car, but as usual, interested to see the end product from you guys at vivid! it should come out SIIIIIICK

Old 02-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Former Vendor
I always try to keep 1 daily driver in the stable and then one maniac car for raw racing. Little did I know that with the addition of these 2 basic add on parts that this daily driver would become a boosting, tire burning machine! From our baseline dyno, the car made an impressive 260rwhp and 272ft/lbs of torque on our Mustang dyno. Our first step to improve the performance all across the power band was to do an ECU upgrade. Back when we had our 335I, we went with the Active setup. However for our 135I, we wanted to put the best Piggyback ECU possible on it. We hooked up with Terry Burger from Burger Motorsports to add his JB3 plug and play ECU. And as a new dealer, we wanted to show our independent test results of this ECU upgrade.

The installation of this part took about 15 mins and the instructions were very easy to follow. Running the car on our Mustang dyno, you have got to expect lower numbers then say a dyno jet. Out here in Arizona, we also run 91 octane so we lack there in the cool fuel. For the first run with the JB3 was on their basic map. Based upon the system you can change to different maps. Our first dyno run yield a strong gain by adding 40rwhp and 30ft/lbs of torque. Remember that this is the Steptronic transmission too. What is most impressive is the gains throughout the ENTIRE power band. At around 5600rpm there is a gain of almost 60HP and the torque is so much stronger at 2800rpm.

Driving the car only 1 day like this, it was impressive when switching to sport or manually shifting. While in standard DRIVE setting, the car felt like stock. No hiccup or cut in that one would usually expect from a piggypack ECU. The increase in torque allowed the car to rip. Because we are still running the stock exhaust, soon to be replaced with the Berk Technology unit, the top end does die off a bit. Overall, like on many turbocharged cars, this is the best mod for the $$$ in gaining horsepower and performance.

You can view the installation pictures of the JB3 ECU Here and always follow our Project 135I Build Here.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor
Now that we have finished with the JB3 ECU upgrade and testing, it was time to move to the next mod of helping the turbos breathe better. Generally stock intake boxes are great for those wanting a stock car, however as the power goes up on a turbocharged vehicle, the more volume of air you can bring in, the better. We hooked up with the RISS Racing guys to install their new cold air intake system. Having owned alot of cars, this intake is WAY different then anything I have ever seen. And there is a reason for it cause it works! Their intake is a complete replacement for the OEM unit and the installation took just under an hour. The large K&N filter gave me assurance that I had the best filter possible for the car. The construction of the tubing and bracket along with the welding was top notch.

You can see by the picture below that the stock intake does not offer much in the way of air flow improvement. It is restricted by the front intake ducting. Since the car is intercooled, being open to the air will bring in a larger amount of air flow to the turbos.

You can view our installation pictures of the RISS Racing Intake Kit here.

Now once the intake was installed, we threw that bad boy on our Mustang dyno to see some results. We did 2 different tests. Our first test was with the existing JB3 MAP that we were using. The second test was with the upgraded JB3 stage map to get the best results from the intake kit. The intake held a consistant gain of about 10HP all the way to 5400rpm at that point it stayed consistant with the baseline test using the JB3. We attribute this to the exhaust restriction and not allowing the turbo move as needed. Once we changed the map on the JB3, the intake really shined. We picked up about 12ft/lbs of torque in the initial RPMs and that is important. Nobody drives at 6000rpm. We all want that initial hit and quick launch.

What the RISS Racing intake kit really did for us as improve the throttle response and daily driveability in the low to mid RPM range. Before the car lagged and this intake helped the turbos spool faster. People need to understand that all these mods are like a puzzle and as you put them together they really come alive. With our next addition of the Agency Power downpipes and Berk Technology catback exhaust, we expect to see this car making 350rwhp on our Mustang Dyno. Put race gas in the car and run it on a DynoJet and you got yourself 400 to the wheels. Not bad!
Vivid Racing carries all the RISS Racing performance products here.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:35 PM
///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about
great numbers, keep em coming!

Old 02-21-2009, 07:41 PM
MCJ
MCJ will become famous soon enoughMCJ will become famous soon enough
Nice job as previously mentioned on the other forum.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Former Vendor
Thank you! RISS plenum and Berk exhaust coming this week. Cant wait to get my HRE C90's

Old 02-24-2009, 01:40 AM
...GRAM is on a distinguished road
So far so good.. I cant wait to see the final result. I get a little jealous when I see how easy It Is to get good power out of the 135/335 turbos

Old 02-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Dan,

Nice project. Keep me posted if you decide to do a Genesis.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New Project Car about to Begin!!!