BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

My New Project Car about to Begin!!!

Old 03-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
As I always say, stock wheels and stock ride height make all cars ugly. We already immediately changed the suspension with JIC cross for the best handling on and off the track, but now it was time for wheels. For the 135I, we wanted to stay true to its roots of the track monster it could be. We wanted a lightweight wheel that had the Euro look to it. So we hooked up with our friends at HRE Wheels. Since the 1 piece monoblock wheel sizing was not available for us, we went with their Competition Series. The Competition series wheels feature titanium hardware and special honing on the spokes to reduce weight while still keep structural integrity. The 3 piece wheel features a mesh center with a step lip in true Euro fashion. The front is a 19x8.5 and the rear is a 19x9.5. The wheels are EXTREMELY light, weighing in around 18-19lbs. The finish of these wheels is a flat black center with a gloss black lip. Now I know the "Time Attack" look has been played out, but we need something more then the murdered out look. So instead of a tiny pinstripe, we added a full 1 inch red ring around the outside of the wheel. Hey, this is our business and we need to stand out!

For rubber we went with the Toyo T1R tires. Toyo and Vivid Racing have been working more closely together since our debut at the 2008 SEMA show with our Project EVO X. The Toyo T1R tire is on par with the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires we have been running on our Porsche cars at a fraction of the cost. The tread design is amazing for dry and wet weather performance while also providing great handling and traction for those aggressive driving days. With a treadwear rating of 280, we expect to have these for at least 20,000 miles as long as the burnouts don' get us first.

You can check out more pics of our Project 135I on our Gallery Here.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:44 PM
NWS Alpine is on a distinguished road
Hmm the rims look kind of weird now that they are on the car. I think the pinstripe is too thick. If you guys could re-do the pinstripe to about less than half the width it would look killer. The rest of the rim looks great!

Old 03-10-2009, 08:04 PM
MCJ
MCJ will become famous soon enoughMCJ will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by NWS Alpine
Hmm the rims look kind of weird now that they are on the car. I think the pinstripe is too thick. If you guys could re-do the pinstripe to about less than half the width it would look killer. The rest of the rim looks great!
I have to agree with you.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond repute
That thing looks crazy. Definitely an attention grabber. Perfect for a project vehicle. That car sits perfect. The 1 Series is really starting to generate some demand.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:33 AM
IUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MCJ
I have to agree with you.
I agree. It does not look horrible, but needs some change. Gun metal all around looks great in my opinion on black.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:56 AM
mburns813 will become famous soon enoughmburns813 will become famous soon enough
Any more updates?

Old 03-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
In Germany. When I get back install and dyno test of code3 intercooler kit.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Sami is on a distinguished road
I have to agree the pinstripe on the rims looks awkward, but like you said its yours. Different strokes for different folks!

Old 04-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Former Vendor
A couple of days ago a customer came into Vivid Racing with his 1 series. I kid you not it was black, it had black wheels with a red stripe, and he was gonna get an exhaust installed. But he had something that caught my eye. This sweet swooping carbon fiber rear trunk spoiler. Was it some crazy German company, JDM, small shop in the USA making it? None of the above... Actually it is an OEM BMW part and when I found that out, I was stoked! I called my local stealership and was told a price that was retail x2. The customer told me to call Dan at United BMW as they sell them. So I looked up his info on the 1Addicts board and and rang him up. In addition to the Carbon Fiber Rear trunk spoiler, I also added the blacked out front grills. Got a great deal and now Vivid Racing is selling them on our 1 Series Body Kit section here.

Next up for Project 135I is our lagging install of the Code3 Intercooler upgrade with dyno tests, Agency Power downpipe installation, and a carbon fiber interior upgrade that we will be selling shortly!

Stay tuned here to www.vividracing.com/forums/project-135i for more pics and news.

Keep updated on pictures at our BMW 135I Gallery Here - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/gallery/browseimages.php?c=403

Old 04-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
the pinstripe is way to big!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:15 PM
CarGuy56 will become famous soon enough
nice 1er...is there a bbk in its future?

Old 04-04-2009, 02:37 AM
c m3 fly is on a distinguished road
The spoiler looks really nice.

Overall a very hot 135i.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:42 PM
sikhkd is on a distinguished road
that's one intense pinstripe !

Old 04-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Former Vendor
That is not a pinstripe.... it is a Paint Roller Stripe

The car comes stock with Brembo 6piston front and 2piston rear I believe. I would like to have the calipers red and put slotted rotors on it. We will see!

Old 04-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
not sure about wheels...either color is too bright or it's too thick(?) as mentioned above.
i've never been a huge fan of rims with rivets but i like everything besides that!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New Project Car about to Begin!!!