BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

My New Project Car about to Begin!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 12:23 PM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
Nice project...looking forward to more updates.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:51 PM
kchng is on a distinguished road
nice looking 135 ^^

Old 04-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Thanks man next up is the Seibon GTR carbon hood, Code3 Intercooler, and front lip spoiler

Old 04-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Not kidding when I said we were the real deal Got our shipment in, shipped out all the customers hoods, and even had time to mount a GTR hood to our car The hood quality and fitment is AMAZING! The vents come with covers to protect from water but can be unbolted to give you that air extraction. Got the GTR and OEM hood INSTOCK.

Check out the full article on our site at www.vividracing.com/forums/project-135I.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:51 AM
turbosc300_2009 is on a distinguished road
nice pick up

Old 04-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Former Vendor
Vivid Racing's 135I BMW is quite the little machine. We have been focusing on all the key elements of a daily driver. Suspension, Power, Styling have each been achieved. For a while now we have had stock of the Code 3 Intercooler kits which fit the 135I and 335I. So we finally got the time here at the Vivid Racing shop to install one. The install was fairly straight forward and took about 3 hours. Even on the Steptronic the fitment was no issue. You can see side by side the pure brute of the Code 3 Intercooler compared to the stock unit. Being in Arizona, it is very important to keep the system running cool and the efficiency at top level. The bar and plate intercooler was an OEM fit with only minor modifications needed. Once behind the stock bumper it is almost undetectable to the eye. Once the installation was complete, we strapped the 135I to our Mustang dyno to give it a test run. Running the JB3 ECU and 91 octane, the intercooler was a HUGE improvement. Adding 24 ft/lbs of torque and 16 rear wheel horsepower is an impressive gain. Around 4700 to 5300 rpm the horsepower was increased by over 20! Great product and a must have for those looking to continue the modification process.

Check out all the pictures of our Project 135I Here.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
nice! who makes that hood?

Old 04-15-2009, 09:07 PM
mburns813 will become famous soon enoughmburns813 will become famous soon enough
The car is progressing very nicely. Congrats.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Former Vendor
The Hood is from Seibon.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:06 AM
tightie is on a distinguished road
Loving the hood and the whole car. The only thing I ask is to remove the pinstripe or at least make it thinner.

Great project car.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:24 AM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tightie
Loving the hood and the whole car. The only thing I ask is to remove the pinstripe or at least make it thinner.

Great project car.

couldnt agree with you more...love the car, love the trunk lip, and the hood, wheels are sick, but either thin out the pinstripe or remove it, it kills the look IMO...nice project, Keep up the good work

Old 05-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Former Vendor
We got a photoshoot lined up for Bimmer Magazine really soon and wanted to dial in some more features on our Project BMW 135I. First we wanted to add some style by updating the trim pieces from the wood grain look to this carbon fiber finish. These are overlays done here at Vivid Racing. We use the stock components and then carbon wrap them with a beautiful clear coat shine. We updated both door pulls, the passenger dash piece, and the shifter surround with ash tray. We will be adding these to our website in 2 different packages at a much lesser cost then the OEM components.

When we purchased this car, it came with no navigation. We did like the bluetooth feature but the crappy aux port was not cutting it for the iPod. So we hooked up with our audio partners at www.soundxpression.com. Dave geared up our car with the new Kenwood DNX7140 head unit. This touchscreen LCD piece features satelite radio, iPod interface, bluetooth that works with the steering wheel controls, TV, Navigation, and much much more. So many features, we have not even figured out how to set the radio! But our man Dave at Sound Xpression took this install to the next level. Because of the odd shaped BMW head unit design, he had to completely custom make brackets, trim, and relocate the seat heater buttons to make this install shine. The matching carbon fiber bezel is a true work of art. If you like this install, just contact us for a referal!

Our last bit of carbon fiber comes from switching up our JIC Cross Strut Brace from the aluminum to the carbon unit. This carbon fiber strut bar from JIC Cross is a direct bolt on to the 135I. The bar has plenty of clearance with the stock or Seibon GTR hood. The dry carbon look dresses up the engine quite well and when installed properly, helps the front ends drastic understeer problem.

Keep checking our Project 135I section here for updates and view all our installation pictures here.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Efterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these parts
The carbon fiber looks great.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
Nice project Dan, I bet its a rocket

Old 05-12-2009, 01:42 AM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
Great work Dan!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New Project Car about to Begin!!!