BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

G-power SKII Supercharger Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 02:18 AM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
G-power SKII Supercharger Review

I finally picked up My E90 M3 From Autotalent. They completed the Installation of the Supercharger which was held up by My ECU not making it here on Time for Bimmerfest but Its ok I have it now and I runs Beautifully. The car is running perfectly no lights no limp modes nothing I put abotu 100 miles on it today since I got it. And averaged about 19.2mpg on the Highway at 70mph. I was able to dyno it Shorty after I picked it up to make sure the AFR's were in check and I was making boost to redline. I got to Gintani where I always do my Dynos at and had them Run the car I was able to 2 runs only because they were in a rush to leave to see the game. Before I post the numbers up I want to say this is by far a worth it mod if you can afford it. The car is a complete BEAST now 1 and 2nd gear are borderline useless the DSC goes crazy and with it off there is barely any traction. 3 and 4th on is just the ultimate Rush I got on a Mexican freeway earlier and did 40-120 in what seemed like a blink I was shocked I was going so fast so quickly. I let off as I'd like to enjoy the car and not go to jail.Also I'm impressed at how quite the blower is compared to Vortech blowers in previous cars. Which were noisy and could always be heard. The ASA blower they use in this kit is a real Gem its hard to tell the car is boosted when cruising cept for the BOV noise. The kompressor only has a very slight whine at WOT that sounds pretty cool. But like I said at IDLE you can't even hear the thing which I think is awesome. I like the look of the new Carbon Fiber Air intake box and how it incorporates the Hoodvent and the OEM driver side bumper intake. I will take some Pics tomorrow after I wash the car. If anyone is local and thinking about getting in on the GroupBuy Autotalent has going on let me know I'll take you for a spin. Be prepared to be in love with it instantly though.

Here is my stock Dyno numbers with just Primary cat delete.

Here is the G-power Numbers on Shell 91 Octane @ 6psi temp about 81 degrees

Thats a ~150whp and 109wtq Gain over stock @ 6psi!

Based on Pencil Geeks formula we're looking at 604hp 444lb ft TQ CRANK!:bulge:

Stock=
414 Crank /315whp = 1.314

Supercharged=
460whp x 1.314 = 604.4

338wtq x 1.314 = 444.1

I will Dyno again on 100octane to see the gains then and also I will see if I can get G-power to give me a different pulley at 9psi and see how much power I make then. I will also Dyno on a variety of Dynos to see their numbers I estimate 490~ on a Dynojet / Dynapack as this is a VERY low reading dyno as you can tell from my baseline numbers.

Just posted better Pics 5.14.09

This picture shows the Carbon Intake going down to the Drivers Side Bumper intake.

In the mean time my face looks like this and I can't get it off.

Last edited by Jmoney; 05-14-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:32 AM
Murtaza will become famous soon enough
Very nice but calculating with 31% DT loss

I think you're looking at around 550crank with a more reasonable 19% DT loss. Sick any which way, congrats!

Old 05-05-2009, 02:34 AM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Ya but remember the Stock Dyno was 315 its just the nature of this type of dyno. Most stock M3s dyno 350whp on a dynojet vs everystock M3 on this dyno 310-318whp So its not really a loss its just how the dyno reads.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:00 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Murtaza
Very nice but calculating with 31% DT loss

I think you're looking at around 550crank with a more reasonable 19% DT loss. Sick any which way, congrats!
Different dyno's show different losses even though it is a constant. Makes sense to keep the same loss % as the baseline on THAT particular dyno, doesn't it?

Old 05-05-2009, 03:00 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Let me know when you are up to run. Would be a nice comparison of bolt on's vs. forced induction.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:11 AM
For sure I'm down anytime. Drew actually is setting up something this weekend in Mexico.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:27 AM
Murtaza will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Jmoney
Ya but remember the Stock Dyno was 315 its just the nature of this type of dyno. Most stock M3s dyno 350whp on a dynojet vs everystock M3 on this dyno 310-318whp So its not really a loss its just how the dyno reads.
Makes sense, strong car! Get some videos up when you can.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:29 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Jmoney
For sure I'm down anytime. Drew actually is setting up something this weekend in Mexico.
I'm sure he will keep me updated.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Efterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these parts
Videos asap!

Old 05-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
where is gintani?

Old 05-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
and yeah, post a VIDEO ASAP of fly by, and take off. today bro!

Old 05-05-2009, 05:17 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Bro!

Old 05-06-2009, 02:33 AM
I dug these up for you guys to see the detail involved in this kit. Its like OEM Build quality and I like how they keep perfecting it.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by Fantasma
where is gintani?
Its In Van Nuys,CA. Their site www.gintani.com has their address and phone number

Originally Posted by Fantasma
and yeah, post a VIDEO ASAP of fly by, and take off. today bro!
Will do this weekend.

Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Congrats Bro!
Thanks Bro! Looks like you're filming the requested videos lol..

Old 05-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Here is another CAD Drawing of the current kit with the NEW Intake design.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G-power SKII Supercharger Review