52.63%
B7 RS4 6MT
47.37%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

+++30th birthday present help+++

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Just In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to behold
+++30th birthday present help+++

So my 30th bday is on July of 2011. I am saving cash for the car of my choice. I have not ha a good fun car since 2005 with the STi and it was fun while it lasted however... I need a car that is possible to be driven in the snow and is for track usage as well as daily driving and fun on country paved roads.I couldnt edit the poll

things to consider
will not be driven in winter
tracked
looking for best value
ownership cost ( matainence,mpg,insurance...etc..)

Last edited by Just In Time; 11-26-2009 at 05:14 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:54 PM
MCars is on a distinguished road
your not driving an E60 M5 in the snow.......RS4 is a better fit for you esp, in Michigan

Old 11-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Just In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to behold
well more then likely it wont be a snow ride... i got a winter beater ...

Old 11-23-2009, 03:26 PM
master_jcp will become famous soon enoughmaster_jcp will become famous soon enough
RS4, the M5 gets also a new bodystyle, check it out now on bmw.de and the RS4 is tha last one for now....and the awd is killer! RS4 will be a classic, like the B5 RS4...

Old 11-23-2009, 03:38 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Cool

Originally Posted by Just In Time
well more then likely it wont be a snow ride... i got a winter beater ...
this is a classic money shot pic.... i love it.....

Old 11-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
A birthday poll without an option that says "Hookers" is not a good poll.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:51 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURI0
A birthday poll without an option that says "Hookers" is not a good poll.
lol....rep points added....lol

Old 11-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Chris[NJ] is on a distinguished road
r.s.4.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:37 AM
so all that vote for the M explain why you wouldnt choose the RS4?

all those who vote for RS4 why not M?

I like to hear ur reasonings as well.. this should be good

Old 11-25-2009, 05:43 PM
czechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura about
This is a tough one. RS4 will definitely be more winter friendly, whereas M5 will be more fun on good roads, esp hwys. I tracked RS4 for whole day and toward the end I was getting little bored. The car is nose heavy. But at least it's got 3 pedals, huge advantage in my book. I could see myself getting bored of the SMG even quicker. Considering your location, I'd say go with the RS4. Make sure that you check out the "carbon build-up issue" with the VAG DI engines tho, Im not sure if they found a solution to it yet.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:15 PM
IUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to behold
As far as I know there is no solution to the carbon build up with the RS4, and it can be quite costly out of warranty. If I were you, I would throw the E90 M3 Sedan in the mix. Three pedals. Few hundred pounds lighter. Similar performance (Not top speed of course). Four doors. Similar cost, but with warranty.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:12 AM
IUKID...this is a good suggestion. And for the pricepoint ill be looking at...its gonna be close....

SO far i have really decided on the M5..However a friend of mine who owns a rs4 is going to let me drive it.. Im wondering if it gives me the feeling i had when i drove the M

Last edited by Just In Time; 11-26-2009 at 05:15 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:10 AM
IUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to behold
I have an appointment to drive an M5 this weekend. I have never driven one, but have considered buying one as well. The only thing I worry about is any expensive SMG issues(since the majority are SMGs). The general consensus seems to be do not own one out of warranty. That aside, I am obsessed with the M5, and it is a terrific choice. Good luck on your quest!

Old 11-26-2009, 12:26 PM
good luck on not purchasing it after the test drive...

Old 11-26-2009, 01:39 PM
haha I know, but I do not plan on buying anything going into winter. I would die inside each day not being able to enjoy it lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: +++30th birthday present help+++