BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

M3 vs 2011 5.0L Mustang GT

Old 04-17-2010, 09:57 PM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
the M3's interior is > stang. However, the m3's interior is not becoming of a $60k car.
the Stang price is over $40k w/ some "needed"options.
For some reason when looking at the Stang's 5.0L spec's I cant help think of the 4.9L 394HP V8 in my 02 e39. A little late to the party Ford, but well done anyway. Now, only if we can fix that "truck" suspension...

Last edited by kosmo69; 04-17-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:53 AM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
As much as an upgrade it is from its last generation congrats to ford to actually have something worth talking about for a change, However I'd rather the 8400rpm scream of the S65 over the mustang V8.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:30 AM
cotenseto is on a distinguished road
You gotta give it to Ford, they have definitely upped their game. But, one thing not mentioned yet, is the current M3 configuration is practically 4 model years old. The 2012 M3 should decimate the 2011 Mustang.

For the money, the Mustang is a great car, no doubt. But I bought my car not just for raw performance, but for the cachet factor; being in sales, if I were to take my clients out in an Mustang, at least some of them would not take our services seriously. While I agree that this is somewhat stupid, it's the reality of the situation. Mustang will always have a more boy racer reputation. If you don't care about your perceived level of maturity and professionalism, by all means, save yourself almost $30k.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:13 PM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kosmo69
the M3's interior is > stang. However, the m3's interior is not becoming of a $60k car.
There are few 4-seaters I can think of (none off the top of my head) that have as nice an interior and offer the same level of dynamic ability (and functionality, when the E90 is considered).

Old 04-19-2010, 08:39 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
Originally Posted by cotenseto
The 2012 M3 should decimate the 2011 Mustang.
decimate is a strong word. So i will disagree.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:47 AM
SFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of light
It might not be fair to compare this way. But lets not forget the fact (for the people saying "interior worse" (which it is), "handling", etc. etc.) that if the $30k saved was spent on modifying those parts + motor...The Mustang could easily pass up both the interior and motor of the BMW with ease. But I think that is just stating the obvious. Especially since the demographic the Mustang is aimed at is probably not going to throw another $30k at the car.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I had a look in a new Mustang and the interior in not bad at all, much better than what I have seen in GM.

I am way too old for the car now, but if I were coming out of college w/ student loan debt etc., this would be my car choice.

I had 2 mustangs and probably banged about 25 chicks between the 2 so the bad boy effect was definately working for me

Old 04-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I had a look in a new Mustang and the interior in not bad at all, much better than what I have seen in GM.

I am way too old for the car now, but if I were coming out of college w/ student loan debt etc., this would be my car choice.

I had 2 mustangs and probably banged about 25 chicks between the 2 so the bad boy effect was definately working for me
enuff said!!!

Old 04-19-2010, 01:57 PM
SpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura about
BMW guys dismissing the Stang sounds like Pcar guys dismissing the GTR!

Old 04-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by kosmo69
decimate is a strong word. So i will disagree.
lol I agree to disagree

Old 04-20-2010, 12:46 AM
GDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to all
your paying 30 g's for interior and sheet metal

Old 04-20-2010, 02:40 AM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SFdreamer
It might not be fair to compare this way. But lets not forget the fact (for the people saying "interior worse" (which it is), "handling", etc. etc.) that if the $30k saved was spent on modifying those parts + motor...The Mustang could easily pass up both the interior and motor of the BMW with ease. But I think that is just stating the obvious. Especially since the demographic the Mustang is aimed at is probably not going to throw another $30k at the car.
You're right. It's not fair.
You can always modify a car to be faster than another. Especially if it has an extra 1.0 liter to play with, like the Mustang does. Try to reach 8300 rpm like the M3, however, and then you're looking at considerable $$ if you want the same reliability/warranty as before. Look at the $84K GT500 Super Snake and the regular $50k GT500. Despite resorting to 5.4L, supercharged engines to meet or beat M3-levels of straight line performance, they're still lacking in the interior and handling departments.
The cost of the Super Snake isn't all down to the performance enhancements. A lot of it is probably due to limited production. And this also applies to the M3, relative to the Mustang GT: People have been willing to pay through the nose for the more thoroughly engineered car since the late '80s, even if it's slower.

Last edited by Guibo; 04-20-2010 at 02:43 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:33 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
this makes me happy and sad at the same time. as growing up as a kid i loves the euro/jap imports but seeing all these really competitive american cars stepping up their game like the this ex. you cant really argue that they have something to offer to the car nut. and for the money i would buy an e46 and the GT

Old 04-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
BMW guys dismissing the Stang sounds like Pcar guys dismissing the GTR!
+1,000

Get what you like and enjoy it.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:58 AM
smooth8 is on a distinguished road

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3 vs 2011 5.0L Mustang GT