BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

BMW Damaged my wife's X5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 04:46 PM
E55 Bulldog K2 will become famous soon enough
BMW Damaged my wife's X5

Ok, so what do I do... took my wife's X5 in to have a state inspection done, they get done and pull it back around for me and both passanger side tires have gauges or rubber missing on the side wall where now there is tread showing and to top it off they bent the lip and scratched the hell out of the front rim. I have 20" M6 time attack wheels.... but now are trashed.

They are going to order me 2 new tires but the passanger side and their "wheel guy" is going to try to fix the rim. Ok, thanks for covering the 2 tires but what do i do about the other side of the X5 that has about 40% tread left.... Im gunna have to eat around 500-600$ for 2 tires I do not need to replace.

Any thoughts guys? Im not happy

Old 09-23-2010, 05:11 PM
RS4-Brian will become famous soon enoughRS4-Brian will become famous soon enough
Make them eat all 4 tires...or at least pick up 3 and you buy the 4th.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:52 PM
griggsat will become famous soon enough
Just to make you feel a little better (in terms of "it could be worse")... I took my beloved speed yellow 996 in to the Porsche dealership with a flat tire and asked them to do the inspection when they replaced the tire(s).

When they finished it they took it for a test drive, lost control and totalled the car. 5 months of fighting with their insurance company, etc.

The good news is I decided that was God telling me I should have a turbo... and now I do!

Good luck with your wheels and tires... I hope they take care of you!

Ashley

Old 09-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
i'd say make them replace 3 and you pay for 1 for tires. for the damaged wheels, i'd give them a try but i wouldn't count on that.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Alright, I just got off the phone with the service manager at Shaffer BMW, im officially p*st and Im glad Im not there in person.

Basically they will not cover the 2 other tires.... or even meet me 1/2 half way and cover 1 of them... He will only cover the damage that "allegedly" took place at the dealership.... when he said allegedly, I most punch the old lady standing out side next to me. I said, really, so you pass car inspections with chucks of rubber missing from the side wall and the thread showing. "Technically we only inspect the tread, but lets not split hairs".... WTF.
I watched one of the service guys walk around and inspect my wheels and tires right in front of me and nothing was said and no comments on the inspection was noted and when my service guy asked the inspection guy he even said he didn't see anything.

I said if you let me walk back there and trace the steps of where the car went I can guarantee you that I find chunks of rubber and black/red powder coat on something. The way that the rim and tire are torn up clearly shows it was not a rough surface like a curb.... He said "well, we don't have any proof"

I also asked about the issue of 2 new tires on one side of the car and how it will track wrong and even pull to one side... he agreed, and said he will put tires on it if I buy them. I said, I know you would not allow this nor recommend having 2 new tires on one side of an AWD BMW or any car for that matter that comes through here. He said it would not cause any issue with the car besides the pulling but it won't affect the transfer case.

This is BS. I went in for a $30 inspection and not have to fork out 5-600 $'s for 2 tires that will not need to be replaced for probably 8 months to a year.... oh yeah and a "fixed" rim.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
Do you have an AMEX? Pay for the tires with it, then chargeback after you leave.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:39 PM
torment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud of
I'd have my lawyer send them a letter. Stupid mistake on their part.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
If you have any lawyer friends, have one give the dealership a call to stir them up a little. Businesses start shaking in their boots when they hear the word lawyer. Also mention that if they do not make the situation right on their own good will, that you will tell the entire story truthfully to various media outlets inside and outside of the BMW community. Be sure that the OWNER of the dealership somehow gets relayed that information along with your cell number at the bottom. No business, especially in this economy, can afford to have that type of bad PR. You will get what you deserve.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:52 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i would also call bmw of north america .

Old 09-25-2010, 11:09 AM
AceRothstein415 is on a distinguished road
I would call BMWNA and complain, and have a lawyer send the gm a letter. ****in *******s

Old 09-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I called BMW NA and they basically stated that I would need to take it up with the service manager..... But they did file a complaint on my behalf. I also filled out the survey they send you after you have service done... so someone else besides the service department will get my side of the story. I also have a few other people looking into for me.

Here are the 2 main spots of damage. It is hard to see b the pic that the rim lip is actully dented back to the bead. And you can tell that is is not curb rash b/c of how smooth it is... that is metal on metal action.

Here is are some pic's of the X5 for referance that we take care of our cars and are not dealing with a beat up X5.

Don't hate on the neighbor's neon. haha.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:55 PM
solekeeper is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cscat
If you have any lawyer friends, have one give the dealership a call to stir them up a little. Businesses start shaking in their boots when they hear the word lawyer. Also mention that if they do not make the situation right on their own good will, that you will tell the entire story truthfully to various media outlets inside and outside of the BMW community. Be sure that the OWNER of the dealership somehow gets relayed that information along with your cell number at the bottom. No business, especially in this economy, can afford to have that type of bad PR. You will get what you deserve.

wells said.

And somehow, even with bs like this they wonder why business is bad.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:16 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
damn, sucks to hear...

hopefully gets resolved

Old 09-25-2010, 03:59 PM
Torn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud of
Get a lawyer involved and I prob wouldn't use this dealership ever again. They don't seem to know anything about customer service especially when its their fault

Old 09-29-2010, 09:42 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by E55 Bulldog K2
Alright, I just got off the phone with the service manager at Shaffer BMW, im officially p*st and Im glad Im not there in person.

Basically they will not cover the 2 other tires.... or even meet me 1/2 half way and cover 1 of them... He will only cover the damage that "allegedly" took place at the dealership.... when he said allegedly, I most punch the old lady standing out side next to me. I said, really, so you pass car inspections with chucks of rubber missing from the side wall and the thread showing. "Technically we only inspect the tread, but lets not split hairs".... WTF.
I watched one of the service guys walk around and inspect my wheels and tires right in front of me and nothing was said and no comments on the inspection was noted and when my service guy asked the inspection guy he even said he didn't see anything.

I said if you let me walk back there and trace the steps of where the car went I can guarantee you that I find chunks of rubber and black/red powder coat on something. The way that the rim and tire are torn up clearly shows it was not a rough surface like a curb.... He said "well, we don't have any proof"

I also asked about the issue of 2 new tires on one side of the car and how it will track wrong and even pull to one side... he agreed, and said he will put tires on it if I buy them. I said, I know you would not allow this nor recommend having 2 new tires on one side of an AWD BMW or any car for that matter that comes through here. He said it would not cause any issue with the car besides the pulling but it won't affect the transfer case.

This is BS. I went in for a $30 inspection and not have to fork out 5-600 $'s for 2 tires that will not need to be replaced for probably 8 months to a year.... oh yeah and a "fixed" rim.

Send the owner or general manager a certified letter, asking for him for a written, signed reply stating that your BMW-performance car is safe to drive in all kinds of weather with 2 brand new tires on one side and 2 tires with 40% wear on the other side. Be nice, non-threatening, but that you just want such a letter for your files in case something bad happens.

CC a friend who is a lawyer.

He won't send you such letter, but should cause them to reconsider the legal risk they created. Don't expect 2 additional completely free tires; you should pay for the part representing the restoration of the full tread, since you already used that much tread on the existing tires.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BMW Damaged my wife's X5