Crazy JDM M3 | Volk Wheels @ D2AUTOSPORT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Former Vendor
D2-Autosport is on a distinguished road
Old 01-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Mark Ambrose will become famous soon enough
I'm not the arbiter of taste here, but it's no secret this car was meant to attract attention so i won't feel bad injecting my opinion. I don't mind some cross pollination between JDM design elements and European cars, but this just comes out tacky. Amuse Ericsson, J-spec BBS, Dixis, GruppeM, that's all cool, but the result here is just awkward. I can see what they were going for - i guess it's successful if you're desperate for that "forum scene" kind of get up - but i think you'll be hard pressed for an audience who finds the motif of blue breasts on the valve cover corresponding with tasteful. There's a sort of hipster, self-deprecating irony here, with the lipstick-red wheels (sure it's Guards Red, but that doesn't justify it), the animated toe-hook arrow, the vanity plate, the tall GT-wing on a car that doesn't care about downforce unless it has something to do with carbon...it doesn't bode well for the Bimmer here. The builders of the car obviously have lots of money and a very keen attention to detail - i can appreciate the color pairing of the calipers with the tire/rim combo, or the deviated stitching on the alcantara steering wheel with the rollbars, in one sense...but the whole proposition is just gauche. Someone had a lot of money and tried a little too hard to be a little too different. It seems like someone was infatuated with the whole "time-attack" look and went overboard, without ever having the intention of backing it up out of the showroom, except for a magazine shoot or two or the occasional photoshoot with nothing less than a gratuitous fish-eye lense (and don't forget the high-dpi 8000k-demon-eye shot late at night in a garage). Are there subs in the trunk, behind that rollbar?

Has BMW tuning come down to these type of "scene" cars? I certainly hope not. I love E92 M3's, and so it pains me all the more to see a perfectly good car be subject to this kind of "fresh" treatment we see above. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble.

A thread or two below, see CEC's AC-Schnitzer car for an example of what sensible BMW tuning looks like.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Former Vendor
D2-Autosport is on a distinguished road
Although this is not an example of my or your particular taste but the time, planning, finances, and execution cannot go un-noticed. I was blown away to say the least thus the post here on 6speed.

BTW if you need a set of Volks for your E92, let me know!!!

Old 01-21-2011, 08:11 PM
torment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud of
I like the change. Nice attention to detail

Old 01-21-2011, 08:57 PM
ETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant future
That car looks awesome. I like how it's on 18s not 20s like most people do

Old 01-22-2011, 12:51 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Love it~!

Old 01-22-2011, 06:32 PM
EAP1024 is on a distinguished road
Looks good but there are quite a few shops that could have done this if the customer has the $$ to spend.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:38 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
not my cup of tea, and not for the street obviously.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Easily my favorite e92 M3!! Please tell me it has three pedals?! IND is top notch

Old 01-23-2011, 10:58 AM
V8HAHA is on a distinguished road
Im mixed on the JDM mods on a BMW but regardless ultimately its still a bad as.s car...

Old 01-24-2011, 07:06 AM
Sacha is on a distinguished road
I love the wheels, only in different more mellow color. The Japanese are wacky over there with their clothes and cars.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:40 AM
Former Vendor
Vossen Forged will become famous soon enoughVossen Forged will become famous soon enough
ITs different but in a good way..good work

Old 01-24-2011, 05:52 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
cool

Old 01-24-2011, 06:12 PM
supersue is on a distinguished road
That's amazing great job. I missed watching Pimp my ride hosted my Snoopy dog back on late 1990s.

Last edited by supersue; 01-24-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:11 AM
tgoss is a jewel in the roughtgoss is a jewel in the roughtgoss is a jewel in the roughtgoss is a jewel in the rough
Love a little jap in my german Nicely done!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crazy JDM M3 | Volk Wheels @ D2AUTOSPORT