BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

2006 750Li Sport Package - PICS

Old 11-07-2005, 11:02 AM
Sharif is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by ShankCS

My only gripe with this car is the coated windshield, not allowing my I-Pass and V1 Radar to function properly. I have to now seek some remote V1 installation, and Remote I Pass installation. Another PIA.
did you check out the other thread on this ?

The I pass should have an outside mounted pass avaliable and there is a cut out for the V1 to work properly.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...threadid=36285

Old 11-08-2005, 12:29 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Sharif
did you check out the other thread on this ?

The I pass should have an outside mounted pass avaliable and there is a cut out for the V1 to work properly.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...threadid=36285

THe cutout in the center of the window doesn't have enough space to mount the V1 suction cups. I will look into the remote IPASS...Keep in mind I dont put front plates on my cars.

Old 11-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is on a distinguished road
Remote Ipass? Hmm I could use one of those I hate the way those look on the window so I keep mine in the center console and take it out as needed.

Old 11-08-2005, 02:45 PM
THe cutout in the center of the window doesn't have enough space to mount the V1 suction cups. I will look into the remote IPASS...Keep in mind I dont put front plates on my cars.
The "cut out" that I'm talking about is the one between the two humps in the dash, that's where I put the V1 in my mother's 750. Take a close look at the picture. It's a trapezoid shaped area that's very hard to see, it has more than enough room to fit the v1. I agree the cut out near the rear view mirror is too small for the v1.

Also, where I mounted the ez pass doesn't require a front plate. I put it in the engine compartment, right behind the right kidney grill. However, you do need to get the "front plate" version of the pass because it has holes in it. Im pretty sure your state would have their version of this, there are too many cars out there with the glass coating for IL not to have one.

Let me know if you need any additional info or better detailed pictures of what I'm talking about.

Sharif

Old 11-08-2005, 02:55 PM
VI placement

Attached Images  
Old 11-08-2005, 02:56 PM
I PASS

Attached Images  
Old 11-15-2005, 08:43 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
Looks good - I owuld have gone for a blk/blk S500 Sport though

Old 11-15-2005, 09:19 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
I looked carefully, I could not find that opening inbetween the dash for the radar. Is it the same type opening that is by the rearview mirror (though not enough space there to mount the V1)

Ryan

Old 11-15-2005, 11:38 AM
I looked carefully, I could not find that opening inbetween the dash for the radar. Is it the same type opening that is by the rearview mirror (though not enough space there to mount the V1)

Ryan
It's not the same type of opening that's at the rearview mirror. It's a red dot-matrix looking trapezoid. Put a piece of white paper from the outside and you should be able to see it better.

I know it's a real pain to see I tried taking a picture but you cant see anything. Let me know if you find it.

Old 11-24-2005, 11:31 AM
I still did not find any opening. I do see the border dot matrix thing but it goes thru the whole perimiter of the window. No cut out trapezoid thingy. I see the clear distinction by the rear view mirror where the film ends.

Old 11-25-2005, 04:46 PM
RPM
RPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud of
Nice

Old 11-29-2005, 10:33 AM
roozbeh007 is on a distinguished road
nice copy by BMW.

2003 Audi RS6. Titanium Wheels.

2006 BMW 750Li

if BMW could just learn not to follow.

Last edited by roozbeh007; 11-29-2005 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:03 PM
roozbeh007 is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by 2thfixr
Shank,

Now once and for all.... tell all the Audi people out there. The 7 is one badass ride isn't it? For me, the great things about the car are.... it hauls *** for a huge sedan. Hands down it has to be the most comfortable car out there while at the same time it handles like it's on rails. In fact, it's surprising how nice the car rides and handles. Lastly, the car looks better and better the more you look at it!

When I first got my 7, it was a rare sight and now I will pull up to a stoplight and see two or three around me.

lets be honest 2thfixr , BMW 7 series is ghetto. I'm sure you've seen a lots of them with BLING BLING rims. while the driver can hardly afford his apartment rent. to me, that car has no value in. on the other hand we have Audi made A8L. this car is intelligent from every aspect. motor trend called it best sedan in America.

A8 is a better looking car than 7 series.

7 series

A8

Audi's interior is light years ahead of BMW

7 series Interior:

A8 Interior

beside these, add better engine, extremely simple yet sophisticated MMI system, Advanced 3D Dolby Digital sound system from Bang & Olufsen (click here to learn more). audi's legendary quatro all wheel drive system. and finally, uniqueness of A8. the fact that not that many people ( not as much as 7 series) own an A8 makes it even sexier. in a world full of copy cats, Audi truly is an original. these are just a few facts about A8's advantages over 7 series.

p.s. these are my personal thoughts and no offence to 7 series owners. 7 series is a good car after all.

Old 11-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Dtd350Z can only hope to improve
Originally posted by roozbeh007
nice copy by BMW.

if BMW could just learn not to follow.
Follow in what manner?

Old 12-01-2005, 10:57 PM
bottomline will become famous soon enoughbottomline will become famous soon enough
They put the steering wheel in the same same place! Bastards.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2006 750Li Sport Package - PICS