Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daylight Zeintop pics (need paint scheme help)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Soykher is infamous around these parts
interesting look

Old 11-21-2007, 02:17 PM
ABC
ABC is infamous around these parts
paint the buttresses and sides silver and leave the roof and rear trunk black. gives it that carbon fiber look ala M3.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Kirk is infamous around these partsKirk is infamous around these parts
Wow, cool to see that you tried that color combo. I've got an arctic silver Boxster with black CF hood. When I saw the first Zeintop photos I thought that would look great if I got one in black like you did. Actually lusted over it a lot... I hate to tell you though that the end result on your car doesn't look that great. Wish I could say otherwise. Maybe if you did a CF wing in the back, CF side scoops, and some different wheels you could make it work. Otherwise I'd vote for painting the top silver to match the car, but leave the hood as is.

BTW, do you have a bulge problem in the middle with your CF hood? It looks like you might from the photos. PM me if you want pics of a fix I did for this.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:11 PM
vick57 is infamous around these parts
i like the look. and it's has a hatch too. that's cool.

seems like you pretty much have to decide to leave the top "up" all the time tho since it replaces the trunk lid. isn't it a pain to remove?

Old 12-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vick57
i like the look. and it's has a hatch too. that's cool.

seems like you pretty much have to decide to leave the top "up" all the time tho since it replaces the trunk lid. isn't it a pain to remove?
The top can be removed/re-installed in about 1 minute, with most of the time involved in disconnecting/connecting the electrical harness. The removal/installation of the OEM trunk lid is about 2 minutes including alignment.

Bro

Old 12-27-2007, 09:50 AM
CatDog is infamous around these partsCatDog is infamous around these parts
get rid of the dent first, lol

Old 08-14-2008, 02:11 PM
germaniac is infamous around these parts
Zeintop Installation help!

I was hoping someone here could help me. I just received a demo Zeintop from the company's CEO, Kari. Problem is, he didn't include any instructions...does anyone have a resource or a file they could fax or email?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Old 08-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by germaniac
I was hoping someone here could help me. I just received a demo Zeintop from the company's CEO, Kari. Problem is, he didn't include any instructions...does anyone have a resource or a file they could fax or email?

Thanks in advance,

Rob
It's pretty simple to install. I'll PM you later tonight (PST) with some simple instructions and some pics.

Bro

Old 08-14-2008, 02:37 PM
zeintop Installation help!

Bro,

Thanks so much...I really wanna get this badboy on! Appreciate it!

Old 08-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Make sure you have the 1/4 turn nuts that hold the OEM hardtop in place. You won't be able to install the Zeintop without them. If you don't have them, shop around any Porsche dealer in the area. Also, you don't have to remove the soft top, but it makes it impossible to access the engine bay without removing the Zeintop. Once the soft top is removed, access is easy with the Zeintop on. One more thing, you will need 2 people to put the Zeintop on unless you have some sort of hoist rigged up to hold the top. It's not heavy, just bulky.

Bro

Old 08-14-2008, 08:19 PM
"Make sure you have the 1/4 turn nuts that hold the OEM hardtop in place. You won't be able to install the Zeintop without them. If you don't have them, shop around any Porsche dealer in the area. Also, you don't have to remove the soft top, but it makes it impossible to access the engine bay without removing the Zeintop. Once the soft top is removed, access is easy with the Zeintop on. One more thing, you will need 2 people to put the Zeintop on unless you have some sort of hoist rigged up to hold the top. It's not heavy, just bulky."

Thanks for the response. The 1/4 turn nuts...are those the 4 that are in "two's" either side of the top toward the rear?

Additionally, he said there were spinlocks included but I cannot find them...what in the hell do they look like? Where would they be on the top?

Old 08-15-2008, 01:39 AM
These are the spin-nuts (I was referring to them as 1/4 turn nuts).

Use the bolt that is shown to install the nut; see the following link:
http://boxster.wikia.com/wiki/Hard_Tops

The two side latches mate with the spin-nuts. (Latches are in the upper left hand corner of this pic)

Putting the top on is rather simple. Remove the soft top (you can leave the motors in place but remove the linkages) and remove the trunk lid along with the third brakelight. You also have to remove the clamshell (removing the guides is optional I think). Lift the Zeintop over the car and guide the front tabs into the slots just like the the soft top does and settle the aforementioned latches into the spin-nuts. Turn the latches to lock them in place and then pull the front center latch (just like the soft top) to lock the top into place. You can adjust the center latch, the two side latches, the hatch hinges, hatch latch bar, rear trunk latch and the two hatch snubbers to get the top/hatch to line up properly. Depending upon the state of design of the demo unit you bought, hooking up the hatch electrical cable could be as simple as plugging it in or as difficult as having to having to do some wire routing.

Feel free to respond to this thread or PM me if you have problems or further questions.

Bro

Old 08-15-2008, 05:55 AM
well, seems as though Kari Kauppi left out the latches...I have nothing resembling any of that here. This kinda sucks. I will be in touch, believe me Thanks for your help.

Rob

Old 08-15-2008, 06:25 PM
bsgore is infamous around these parts
Someone mentioned Kari. Put up some shots on my P-car site (www.porscheplayground.com) and have seen the top in Europe a while ago. As to color, well, funny story. My father-in-law got one of the first Phaetons when they were just black. Decided to have it painted. Dark Royal Blue metallic body, silver metallic roof. He says because his father had a Packard in that color scheme in the forties. Doesn't look bad but I'm sure that it doesn't help the already bad residuals, even with the big engine. He is a bit of a nut, has another white Phaeton. Drives well, but I prefer his AM Vanquish, Bentley Azure, and Rolls Phantom (actually I think the Rolls a bit of a tank). Do you think this guy has a problem, especially when he only keeps his cars a year or two. Commitment issues?
I don't think that any color scheme is going to affect the value much for you. Do what makes you happy.

billy

Old 08-15-2008, 06:46 PM
awcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the rough
Do it , be noticed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Daylight Zeintop pics (need paint scheme help)