Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daylight Zeintop pics (need paint scheme help)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by awcayenne
Do it , be noticed

Uh, where on the car? Can you pshop my pic?

Bro

Old 08-15-2008, 08:37 PM
germaniac is infamous around these parts
zeintop color schemes

Kirk, bro et al,

I bought a demo top in back based on 'Bro's pics of his car with the silver body and black top...my car is white and instead of spending several more grand to paint the top white, I threw a carbon hood on it and am going that route -- thus far, I am thinking it will have a TechArt look.

I like the two tone look....somewhat original.

btw guys, I got the parts for the top after all.

Rob

Old 08-16-2008, 02:18 PM
AmexBlackG5 is infamous around these parts
Is it me or does that car just flat out look weird?

Old 09-02-2008, 11:22 PM
easyc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 6SpeedPorsche
I am at a loss for words. The in cab noise has got to be terrible with that thing on. And forget driving with out the a/c holy crap that must be hot. Have you ever opened the trunk after a good drive? And how the hell do you get to the trunk? Well if I wanted a hard top car I would not have bought a Boxster S. It just doesn't make sense to spend $$$ on that.
What do you call it? Cayster or Boxman

Don't paint it at all, sell it man.Get rid of it!

Old 09-03-2008, 12:23 AM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
I am at a loss for words. The in cab noise has got to be terrible with that hard top on. And forget driving with out the a/c on, man it must get hot in the cab of that car. Have you ever opened the rear trunk after a good drive? Now its part of the cab(extra heat). Well if I wanted a hard top car I would not have bought a Boxster S. It just doesn't make sense to spend $$$ on that.
What do you call it? Cayster or Boxman

Don't paint it at all, sell it man.Get rid of it!

There do you understand now!!!!
1. The cab is quieter than a 996TT.
2. The cab is quieter than my soft top.
3. The cab is cooler than my soft top.
4. The cab is as cool as any 993/996/997/Cayman.
5. The rear trunk dumps just as much heat with the soft top as the hard top.
6. The hard top on a Cayman can't come off.

When you actually know anything about what you are posting about, come back and play. Otherwise, STFU.

Bro

Old 09-03-2008, 05:42 AM
Wow, I can't help but feel the first porsche drivers/owners may have fielded such damning criticisms as well....oddly shaped little tub, rear engined car....and then we have the boxster in general, which is widely considered "the panty porsche" by those not knowing any better....

I feel that Bro was simply asking for help on a color scheme, not a decision of whether to keep the top or not -- and by the way, I just got one and have received far more thumbs up with the top on than driving my boxster a la carte...in fact, I get more praise for it than my 930 or my 911sc...

I guess what I am saying is, we all face enough criticism in this world, as Boxster owners and as regular people to not have to go searching for it...

the guy likes his top...you may like those headlight cover things I hate, someone else may like a regular Boxster hardtop, whi9ch is Miate-like to me -- but it is all opinion....

Bro, keep searching for the color solution and may the naysayers find an extra 6k to keep them busy enough with their own car they need not criticize yours...

thanks for the platform...now off to work

Old 09-03-2008, 08:09 PM
PTEC688 is infamous around these parts
I know color matching is getting beat to death, but I agree. Also with the tint and the wheels, but I know how the track thing goes

Old 09-04-2008, 12:58 PM
6SpeedPorsche is infamous around these parts
I'm sorry for the negativaty. I guess I have very strong feelings towards my own car and the fact that nothing can live up to it. So we didn't need the "STFU" comment!!

And I do know what I am talking about bro!!! I am a bit of a car enthusiast myself!!

Regards,
Pete

Old 09-04-2008, 01:04 PM
6SpeedPorsche is infamous around these parts
Cool

............You did say " " Any Imput. " " So I just was givin my $0.02.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:12 PM
............You did say " " Any Imput. " " So I just was givin my $0.02.
It's all in the delivery.

We're golden,

Bro

Old 11-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Bro,

Just fyi, I had a gent here in Boca with a GT3 stop me last week (I see him time and again in passing at a gas station). He wanted to know whether my Boxster with the zeintop was a techArt Cayman..Currently, I have the black roof/deck/carbon hood and carbon mirrors and the Techart turbo side ducts...he was thoroughly shocked/confused but albeit impressed. Never before would I have thought a man with the ultimate modern 911 (in my opinion) would stop to give me a nod...it felt good. and in short, I owe it to you as I saw your car awhile ago and took the leap based on it....keep the faith.

Rob

Old 11-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Rob,

Thanks for the props. Now let's see some pics!

Bro

Old 11-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Bro,
My vote is Arctic Silver too.

I'm assuming that you went with this hardtop in Southern California because you needed a hardtop for the track?

The reason I'm asking is because I thought where you lived was the drop-top mecca of the US.

Dave

Old 11-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Dave
Bro,
My vote is Arctic Silver too.

I'm assuming that you went with this hardtop in Southern California because you needed a hardtop for the track?

The reason I'm asking is because I thought where you lived was the drop-top mecca of the US.

Dave
Actually, I did get it for the track, but not because it was required. I wanted a little scratch and scrape protection in case of a rollover. Also, I drive to NorCal often and it rains and gets cold up there.

Bro

Old 11-12-2008, 05:38 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Bro,

Paint the top and hood to match the body.

I like the look - cool top.

Cheers,
Rich

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Daylight Zeintop pics (need paint scheme help)