Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daylight Zeintop pics (need paint scheme help)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
Daylight Zeintop pics (need paint scheme help)

I'm taking suggestions as to what to do about paint schemes. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks for any input.

Bro

Old 11-15-2007, 04:48 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
I would definitely stick with arctic silver to match the car and tint the rear and side windows dark to minimize the funky shape of the rear quarter windows + light smoke on the tail lights.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:23 PM
ol'school is on a distinguished road
Single color,new shoes and you are good to go.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ol'school
Single color,new shoes and you are good to go.
Can't change the Volk's, need them for the track.

Bro

Old 11-15-2007, 08:46 PM
djomlas is on a distinguished road
i would also suggest painting it to match, along with the hood. and get some street wheels, although those are light, they look goofy on the car, but do the purpose at the track, unless you are at the track every day. i dunno, they look like they belong on a subaru.

btw, can that logo be removed from the trunk?

Old 11-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by djomlas
i would also suggest painting it to match, along with the hood. and get some street wheels, although those are light, they look goofy on the car, but do the purpose at the track, unless you are at the track every day. i dunno, they look like they belong on a subaru.

btw, can that logo be removed from the trunk?
Hey, I almost put a Subie engine in the beast when the first engine went Tango Uniform.

The logo is part of the deck lid; it won't come off.

Bro

Old 11-15-2007, 10:14 PM
arenared is on a distinguished road
Arctic silver top and hood is my vote. The tinting of the side windows sounds good. Hope you can get a your cage modified to fit. Those hips look nice.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:48 AM
Composites is on a distinguished road
Info on Zeintop - setting the record straight

To resolve some market confusion relating to the Zeintops trickling into the US. The top currently fitted to Bruinbro's car is a one off pre production unit which , although structurally sound, has not had the attention to detail spent on finishing as the actual production line tops. Your comments on its look are pleasing.

For most units leaving the factory the badges are left off but still shipped. This is now an option. Secondly, much debate has circulated regarding fitment of the Zeintop. The soft top need NOT be removed, simply set to the "down" position. The soft top cover(clamshell) and rear decklid are removed. The wiring loom fitment for the brake light is a one off. Removal of the top takes less than 5 minutes. Subsequent fitments take less than 10 minutes.

I will not comment on costs here as that is not the purpose of this posting save to say that it is advisable to contact the agents for answers rather than speculate on technical aspects. Find the US agents for Zeintec with a simple Google search. The US dealer is based in LA, CA.

Thank you for a great forum. Keep up the good work. Greetings from sunny South Africa.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:12 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that looks great first one I've seen.. aside from the car show pics..

Just paint it same color... might look better with different wheels, but you said you need the volks though, but it looks great..

Old 11-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Eddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura about
paint the top roof black and rest silver, my suggestion.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:08 PM
chaud
Sup bro, looks great! Color scheme, personally I like the clean look and would just go all body color... all arctic silver would look good.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:23 AM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
I would do all one color as well, unless it will be a track only car, then leave it black and paint stripes in silver.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:39 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
I'd paint it all arctic silver.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by InSaNeZ
I'd paint it all arctic silver.
But of course you would.

Bro

Old 11-20-2007, 04:17 PM
mbodo is on a distinguished road
camolflauge. IMHO the zeintop looked better on their website than on a car ...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Daylight Zeintop pics (need paint scheme help)