Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Cayman-S vs 09 M3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 07:22 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
09 Cayman-S vs 09 M3

Many threads have discussed M3 vs 997, but how do these (Cayman s & M3) two compare? Assuming both are 6-speeds....Having this discussion at work and would be nice to see some of your input....thanx

Old 06-19-2009, 07:31 PM
mrwonder will become famous soon enough
I like both but in different ways. BMW in general gives me a precise feel, and the M3 has brutal power and is more practical (especially now that they offer a four-door) as a daily car. The preciseness sometimes borderlines on feeling clinical though. I find the Cayman a tag short on power, but provides a very engaging and intimate (2-seater ****pit) driving experience.

I traded my E90 for the Cayman, and am saving up to get a M3 to get the best of both worlds

Old 06-19-2009, 07:35 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
My buddy is looking for a "third" car (they already own his and her SUVs)....and looking for a garage queen (not daily driver), if you will...He expressed interest in those two vehicles.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Even if the M3 is faster and practical, my money is on the Cayman S. It looks way better.

Old 06-20-2009, 01:18 PM
ekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to behold
BMW brakes are weak. Aren't they finally changing to Brembos for upcoming model year?

Old 06-20-2009, 05:32 PM
schadenfreude is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by og risker
My buddy is looking for a "third" car (they already own his and her SUVs)....and looking for a garage queen (not daily driver), if you will...He expressed interest in those two vehicles.
I love my M3, but I'd go Porsche for a garage queen. The M3 makes a great dd, but if you're getting something to baby, make it something a little more exclusive/sporty.

And they better not change to Brembos for the upcoming model year unless they want me banging on the door for my free BBK!

Last edited by schadenfreude; 06-20-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:47 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
M3 for daily. Cayman for wkend.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:28 PM
kscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these parts
Brembos? Count me in! I get a new DD this February and I am tied between the M3 and Cayman S.

Last edited by kscheible; 06-20-2009 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Typo!
Old 06-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
og risker

The M3 Is an awsome sedan ,Just ask my mom she drives one.

Last edited by Fluid987; 06-20-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:44 PM
mrwonder will become famous soon enough
Practicality shouldn't be a concern for a third car, do I definitely will go for the Cayman.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
mrwonder

The only car I would even Compare to my Cayman or want to trade for is another porsche

Once you own one you will know what I am talking about.
You should feel gratefull and lucky if you have an oportunity to own one these days. After over 2 years of Owning ny Cayman my smile just gets bigger every day

Old 06-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Max77 has a spectacular aura aboutMax77 has a spectacular aura about
Test drive both and pick which one you prefer. I looked at a few different cars and for me the Cayman S was the most fun. It's my one and only car, I even drive it in the winter here in Chicago so it's also a fine daily driver....as long as you don't need to haul huge cargo. IMO the mid-mount engine is perfection.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:22 AM
CAT/J is on a distinguished road
just test drove a brand new M3

...really clean and pretty, especially in White with the carbon roof... interiors nice...comfy ride...nice sounding engine...totally practical daily driver. Suffice is to say, Im no longer afraid of M3s when they pull up along side me at red lights. Im glad I actually paid less for my '08 Cayman S, and got WAY more of a car then the M3. Sure its way different, but as a 'drivers' car, its a simple choice. The M3 seems to freight train once it revs up to speed. Down low its a pig. However, if I needed a DD 4 seater, it would def be on my list as a sporty totally comfy DD...

Old 06-22-2009, 04:57 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
MRWonder-

"The M3 has brutal power?" Did you turbocharge yours or something?

A 650bhp 997 Turbo has "brutal power"...

Old 06-22-2009, 05:55 AM
ekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to behold
I don't get the "DD get an M3" argument... there's plenty of people who DD their Boxster, Cayman, 911 Turbos, GT3s...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 09 Cayman-S vs 09 M3