Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nothing like a good nut kick for the sales team at Susnet Imports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Flip will become famous soon enough
DRH, what's been your experience with the Porsche side of the house at Sunset. I currently have a deposit on a build slot for a 2010 Cayman S. So far so good but would appreciate anything that you think would help.

Rather than attempt to trade my modded 2002 Audi TT, I sold it privately....now I have cash but have to wait (Jan 2010 build slot) for the Cayman S.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Flip; 07-07-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:18 PM
drh
drh has a spectacular aura aboutdrh has a spectacular aura aboutdrh has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Flip
DRH, what's been your experience with the Porsche side of the house at Sunset. I currently have a deposit on a build slot for a 2010 Cayman S. So far so good but would appreciate anything that you think would help.

Rather than attempt to trade my modded 2002 Audi TT, I sold it privately....now I have cash but have to wait (Jan 2010 build slot) for the Cayman S.

Thanks in advance.
We purchased the Cayman S from Mr.Hassanpour and it was because of him that we visited Sunset Porsche\Audi again. Unfortunately the Audi side of the equation does not appear to draw the same level of customer appreciation and respect.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by drh
We purchased the Cayman S from Mr.Hassanpour and it was because of him that we visited Sunset Porsche\Audi again. Unfortunately the Audi side of the equation does not appear to draw the same level of customer appreciation and respect.
I've been working with Mazi Hassanpour on my Cayman S. How has your service experience been with your Porsche(s) at Sunset?

Old 07-07-2009, 12:34 PM
drh
drh has a spectacular aura aboutdrh has a spectacular aura aboutdrh has a spectacular aura about
Flip,

With the Cayman there really is no service required unless you bust something.

You'll need to keep it slow during the minimal break in period and they claim no oil change required for the first 20K miles. I changed our oil after the break in...think it was 2k miles and after the next 7.5k miles.

Changing the oil in the Cyaman is a piece of cake...as easy as the easiest car I've ever done and I've done a lot.

The car handles great, and sounds faster than it really is. It corners like a roller coaster and that is for sure.

Of course as far as the power thing goes, my perspective is a bit skewed since my side of the garage has a 996tt in it

Old 07-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by drh
Flip,

With the Cayman there really is no service required unless you bust something.

You'll need to keep it slow during the minimal break in period and they claim no oil change required for the first 20K miles. I changed our oil after the break in...think it was 2k miles and after the next 7.5k miles.

Changing the oil in the Cyaman is a piece of cake...as easy as the easiest car I've ever done and I've done a lot.

The car handles great, and sounds faster than it really is. It corners like a roller coaster and that is for sure.

Of course as far as the power thing goes, my perspective is a bit skewed since my side of the garage has a 996tt in it
Thanks drh. I was very impressed with the '09 Cayman S I drove with PDK tranny. Now the big wait until January 2010. Hopefully next spring time I can join other Porsche owners in the Portland area for drive times / road trip. Later.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:53 PM
hooligan317 is on a distinguished road
I recently considered trading my 08 Cayman S in on an 09 E92 M3 and was offered a similar trade-in figure of $36,500. That made the decision to pass an easy one! lol

*edit* I should mention this was not at Sunset Imports, just simply relaying the trade-in price I was offered for a year newer Cayman with similar miles and MSRP.

Last edited by hooligan317; 07-14-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:52 PM
NeunElf will become famous soon enough
Mazy is no longer there as of last week...

Old 07-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by NeunElf
Mazy is no longer there as of last week...
Yeah I got a note from him on that along with the new guy who is taking over on my order. I dropped the new guy a note...he replied he would be calling me Tuesday of this week....not heard from him yet hmmmm??? I'm supposedly #1 on the next available build slot (currently Jan 2010 or sooner if they get one).

With Mazy gone, I'm tempted to look around (Carrera Motors in Bend?, Barrier in Seattle?) We'll see.

Last edited by Flip; 07-15-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:25 AM
Mark F. Mueller is on a distinguished road
I too have dealt with Sunset. There service department and parts department are excellent, but the sales side leaves a lot to be desired! Most of the sales force act like they are doing you a big favor to even talk to you. The Porsche side is even worse than the Audi side in this regard.

My advice is to call Rick Johnson at Carrera in Bend 541.617.6333 direct. Rick is the general manager of the Porsche dealership. I have always been happy with Carrera's sales staff and have saved thousands on each car I have bought when compared to Sunset. I have purchased 2 Audi's, 2 Porsche's and a BMW from Carrera and have had a great experience with each purchase.

I might have someone who might want to look at your Cayman. Please send me a PM with contact information and I will try to hook you up with my friend.

Mark

Old 07-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Yes, I too am supposed to be getting a contact for the new guy but am taking to others as he dithers.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the reference! I will give him a call and mention your referral.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:42 PM
MidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the rough
resale

I traded my 07CS in last Sept. for an Audi (2008 S6) and I could only get $42K then so I'm not surprised that they are in the 30s now.
Just beware, you'll miss the Porsche. I'm now back in the market looking at a 2009 911S. (Keeping the Audi but adding 3rd car)
This is just not a cheap hobby

Old 07-19-2009, 08:55 AM
mptoledo is a name known to allmptoledo is a name known to allmptoledo is a name known to allmptoledo is a name known to allmptoledo is a name known to allmptoledo is a name known to all
As an EX-Newcar sales manager. Please, save yourself money and never ever trade a car in. Especially if you owe more than its worth. You think you are saving by rolling over the negative balance, but you are just digging a hole you will eventually have to get out of. Use your local(or closest large cities) news paper. You might be amazed at what the small cost of $45 to advertise will save you. Dealers always start at least $5k to $7k under what book says. It isn't rocket science at all. If you owe on it just have them pay the bank and then the bank will send them the title.

Last edited by mptoledo; 07-19-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:11 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mark F. Mueller
I too have dealt with Sunset. There service department and parts department are excellent, but the sales side leaves a lot to be desired! Most of the sales force act like they are doing you a big favor to even talk to you. The Porsche side is even worse than the Audi side in this regard.

My advice is to call Rick Johnson at Carrera in Bend 541.617.6333 direct. Rick is the general manager of the Porsche dealership. I have always been happy with Carrera's sales staff and have saved thousands on each car I have bought when compared to Sunset. I have purchased 2 Audi's, 2 Porsche's and a BMW from Carrera and have had a great experience with each purchase.

I might have someone who might want to look at your Cayman. Please send me a PM with contact information and I will try to hook you up with my friend.

Mark
My experience with Carrera was pretty much a joke when I tried to buy a car from them (or at least I think they are so out of touch with reality that I'm shocked they are still in business).

Long story short, I was looking to buy a 2007/2008 997 Cab. I live in Portland. They have a 2008 C2S Cab that they have had on their lot since early 2008, they punched the car in July of 2008, and it has a M.S.R.P. of right at $100k. They have it listed "on sale" for $90k. I was referred to them by someone who had done business with them so it wasn't like I was calling them just kicking tires. I inquire about the car and tell them I am ready to drive the 3 hours over the mountain with cashier's check in hand if we can find an aggreable price. They come back and say the best they can do, given that I'm ready to buy with cash in hand and since I was referred to them, is to sell me the car for $86k. Seriously? Really? They are trying to unload a car they have had sitting on their lot for 18 months that has had the warranty already started over a year ago (car is basically used by now) for $86k? REALLY?

These guys need to pull their heads out of the sand. When guys are buying brand new 2009 997.2 cars for $23k off of M.S.R.P. (20% off) and these jokers are going to offer me this, yeah, good luck to them. Let's just say I found my car in California where they knew what real transaction prices are at.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...od-deal-5.html
Page 5, Post 63

Last edited by JoeShark; 07-20-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Karrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to all
I met the Chairman of Carrera Motors this past winter at Russo & Steele in Scottsdale. He seemed like a great guy. Can't speak for the yahoos he has working for him, but I have inquired about buying a car from his since then and I live in Iowa.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nothing like a good nut kick for the sales team at Susnet Imports