Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor Trend's 2009 Best Driver's Car Winner: Cayman S PDK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
Motor Trend's 2009 Best Driver's Car Winner: Cayman S PDK

"No other car here -- not one -- delivers the Porsche's Braillelike road-reading. You can feel every tire doing its work."

"Probably more than any other car here, including the R8, this one feels like an extension of your neural synapses."

"Racecar. Racecar. Wow. The thing about the Cayman is-gosh, I hope they don't hate me for saying this -- I think it's just about better than any 911. The Cayman is one of the best-handling cars I've ever driven."

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p..._cayman_s.html

Old 08-19-2009, 12:04 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Cayman IS a great car. But not to take anything away from it, American car rags are only good for bathroom reading when I don't have CAR or EVO.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Guibo

Wow a very Powerfull article and statement !!!
And to think My Dream car is the Audi R-8

Last weekend I was in Seattle and there was an R-8 driving through the parking lot where my car was parked at the famous pancake house ,I over heard a guy say to his wife/girlfriend as i was sitting outside waiting for a table that the he liked the Black Porsche parked over there better .

I still REALLY like the lines of the R-8 but that made me feel good

You could buy 2 Cayman S for the price of 1 R-8 so even though this is an American Mag Its still a Good Thing for us Cayman owners

Old 08-19-2009, 02:10 PM
pempem is on a distinguished road
Bravo! One never really knows what is behind a Motor Trend endorsement, but I guess this is one of those, "DONT LOOK A GIFTED HORSE IN THE MOUTH"

Bravo, Motor Trend.!!!

Old 08-19-2009, 09:15 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
Nice....

Old 09-16-2009, 03:21 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
Old 09-17-2009, 05:33 PM
photogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nice
Porsche did really good job with the 987. I'd still take gt3 over the Cayman but at the moment it's too much $$$ so I'm happily driving a CS.
I wonder how many CS owners eventually move up to GT3? I know at least a few

Old 09-18-2009, 07:20 AM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Nice review. Thanks for finding/sharing.

I've got to check out this PDK thing. I've always been old school in that I enjoy being able to blip the throttle and play with the 6 speed.

Dave

Old 09-23-2009, 10:54 AM
gokevin is on a distinguished road
Pdk

Wish it used paddle shift

Old 09-27-2009, 05:21 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by photogS
Porsche did really good job with the 987. I'd still take gt3 over the Cayman but at the moment it's too much $$$ so I'm happily driving a CS.
I wonder how many CS owners eventually move up to GT3? I know at least a few

What they need to do is give the Cayman the power of the GT3.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:46 PM
thanases is on a distinguished road
thanks for sharing

Old 10-06-2009, 12:49 AM
pempem is on a distinguished road
I wonder how many CS owners eventually move up to GT3?
Everyone with any track training and knowledge knows that the GT3 would be greatly improved if Porsche would only move the location of the GT3's engine to the same place as the Cayman. If this were to happen you would see most serious 911 drivers quit the 911 completely and move UP to the Cayman.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:54 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
pdk=the best shifting i have ever felt.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Video is a good benchmark, thanks!