Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FVD Brombacher - Cayman Race & Street Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
FVD Brombacher - Cayman Race & Street Exhaust

Just wanted to share our new "Brombacher" exhaust line for the Cayman's. We have 2 systems available for the 987C and 987.2C. These systems are made for mid range torque, just look at the header's and cat's below.... We offer these system's in 2 sound levels, the "sound version" for the U.S. market and the TUV Euro (Quiet). In addition these systems can be custom ordered for any decibel that you require for your local track. See vendor classified's for our special pricing. Performance gains are listed below.

“BROMBACHER“ Cayman/S (Sound Version) Stainless Steel Exhaust System

FACTS:
- + 20 crank hp & + 19 crank torque
- 200 Cell high flow, tri metal german HJS sport catalysts
- 2 1/4" tubing (55 mm) straight through design for max. power
- Weighs 57 lbs. (25,8 Kg)
- T 316 stainless steel for improved durability over T 304
- Dual 3.5"(90mm) round tips
- Includes quick release clamps
- Made in Germany
- Intoxicating growl at idle, partial throttle and wide open throttle
- No DME programming necessary.

FVD is proud to introduce our newest line of Brombacher exhaust systems. Brombacher exhausts are engineered for the discerning Porsche® owner and offer unmatched performance, unparalleled quality, and incredible value. All of our exhausts are manufactured in Germany and are tested comprehensively for flow rate and characteristics, thermal stress, resistance to cracking, and longevity. To further ensure quality, all of our exhaust systems meet the standards of the German independent testing agency TUV; whose quality standards are among some of the strictest in the world.

Brombacher mufflers are “factory stamped” externally; unlike our competitors systems. This outer shell dampens and eliminates unwanted frequencies and ensures no resonance or drone in the cabin. The end result is a strong, linear, firing-order dominated flat-6 Porsche® sound. In addition, Brombacher exhausts systems are available for ultimate performance full titanium. Our titanium system’s are nearly 40% lighter compared steel and are available for late model, water cooled applications. Each of our exhaust’s have been extensively tested on both a chassis and engine dyno as well as logged thousands of miles on both the street and at the track. All this research, development and testing ensures maximum horsepower gains throughout a broad power band; all while maintaining reasonable sound levels for the street and provide a distinct, sporty exhaust note that is purely Porsche®.

If you need more information please see our website...

http://shop.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/Cayman-123/-/-/item/item_details/VID_5249002-VCD_13310691-gid_27-sort_3-display_50-item_BES987C0200S/EXHAUST-Tuning-ExhaustSystem-BES987C0200S-Exhaust-System-987-Cayman-%26quot%3BBROMBACHER%26quot%3B--(Soundversion)-200-Cell-Cats%2C-Tips-2x90mm.html

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 09-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
Rhonda,

Thanks for the post and your pictures that show a great looking product. I think the headers look very interesting.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Johnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to behold
M&M Exhaust

FVD was instrumental in helping me get a set of headers with 200 cell tri-metal HJS sports cats custom fabricated by M&M exhaust in Germany. The end result was amazing. The quality, fit and finish and perhaps most importantly the performance is unsurpassed.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Bonerwall will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Just wanted to share our new "Brombacher" exhaust line for the Cayman's. We have 2 systems available for the 987C and 987.2C. These systems are made for mid range torque, just look at the header's and cat's below.... We offer these system's in 2 sound levels, the "sound version" for the U.S. market and the TUV Euro (Quiet). In addition these systems can be custom ordered for any decibel that you require for your local track. See vendor classified's for our special pricing. Performance gains are listed below.

“BROMBACHER“ Cayman/S (Sound Version) Stainless Steel Exhaust System

FACTS:
- + 20 crank hp & + 19 crank torque
- 200 Cell high flow, tri metal german HJS sport catalysts
- 2 1/4" tubing (55 mm) straight through design for max. power
- Weighs 57 lbs. (25,8 Kg)
- T 316 stainless steel for improved durability over T 304
- Dual 3.5"(90mm) round tips
- Includes quick release clamps
- Made in Germany
- Intoxicating growl at idle, partial throttle and wide open throttle
- No DME programming necessary.

FVD is proud to introduce our newest line of Brombacher exhaust systems. Brombacher exhausts are engineered for the discerning Porsche® owner and offer unmatched performance, unparalleled quality, and incredible value. All of our exhausts are manufactured in Germany and are tested comprehensively for flow rate and characteristics, thermal stress, resistance to cracking, and longevity. To further ensure quality, all of our exhaust systems meet the standards of the German independent testing agency TUV; whose quality standards are among some of the strictest in the world.

Brombacher mufflers are “factory stamped” externally; unlike our competitors systems. This outer shell dampens and eliminates unwanted frequencies and ensures no resonance or drone in the cabin. The end result is a strong, linear, firing-order dominated flat-6 Porsche® sound. In addition, Brombacher exhausts systems are available for ultimate performance full titanium. Our titanium system’s are nearly 40% lighter compared steel and are available for late model, water cooled applications. Each of our exhaust’s have been extensively tested on both a chassis and engine dyno as well as logged thousands of miles on both the street and at the track. All this research, development and testing ensures maximum horsepower gains throughout a broad power band; all while maintaining reasonable sound levels for the street and provide a distinct, sporty exhaust note that is purely Porsche®.

If you need more information please see our website...

http://shop.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/Cayman-123/-/-/item/item_details/VID_5249002-VCD_13310691-gid_27-sort_3-display_50-item_BES987C0200S/EXHAUST-Tuning-ExhaustSystem-BES987C0200S-Exhaust-System-987-Cayman-%26quot%3BBROMBACHER%26quot%3B--(Soundversion)-200-Cell-Cats%2C-Tips-2x90mm.html

Thanks,
Rhonda
Can I get just the muffler/tips (CAT Back application only)? What would the price be, do you have any dyno data for that only, and do you have any audio/video clips for the muffler only? I assume that this system will also fit the new 2009 987.2 Boxster S? Thanks.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Slowcart, thanks for the kind words. This set up is made for maximum mid range torque and horsepower where the Cayman's need it most.

Johnny, Glad we could be of service. That was a great custom order and we will be adding that to our line up, here is the link...
http://shop.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/Boxster-13/-/-/item/item_details/VID_5254611-VCD_94127498-gid_28-sort_3-display_50-item_BES98601200S/EXHAUST-Tuning-Headers-BES98601200S-986-Sport-Headers-(2%2C7L-3%2C2L)-with-200-cell-sport-catalytics.html

Bonerwall, The part number for the 2009 987.2 Boxster S muffler is BES 987 250 00S which currently retails for $ 1,999.00 so we can sell it to you for $ 1,699.00. I will check with FVD Germany for you for the dyno sheet, video, etc. of just the muffler. The great part is that we have 2 distinct sound versions already and you can custom order it if you need more decibels.

Thanks for all of your interest in our products...
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 09-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Gator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to behold
I just installed a speedART catback system on my 07 Cayman S. The muffler obviously comes from the same core manufacturer (M&M). I have to say, the quality, fit, finish, sound and performance is fantastic.

The system that you're offering here is a big step up from what I just installed and I think you guys are low balling the promised HP gain. I got those gains just from the catback. (on a dyno dynamics dyno, test performed by Farnbacher Loles). I know those headers and and high flow cats will really bring the system to life and find even more hidden horsepower. I wouldn't be surprised if you found 30-35 hp at the crank with this kit when used with a quality DME flash.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Gator Bite
I just installed a speedART catback system on my 07 Cayman S. The muffler obviously comes from the same core manufacturer (M&M). I have to say, the quality, fit, finish, sound and performance is fantastic.

The system that you're offering here is a big step up from what I just installed and I think you guys are low balling the promised HP gain. I got those gains just from the catback. (on a dyno dynamics dyno, test performed by Farnbacher Loles). I know those headers and and high flow cats will really bring the system to life and find even more hidden horsepower. I wouldn't be surprised if you found 30-35 hp at the crank with this kit when used with a quality DME flash.
Gator Bite, Thanks for the feedback on the system you are right, M&M produce's the Speed Art version as well. The main difference is that we have a "Sound Version" that is made to our spec's for US customers. You are absolutely right about the performance of this system, we have seen 33 Hp+ on our engine dyno in Germany with our program. But we are in the habit of under promising and over delivering. Our goal is for our customer's to see 20 hp minimum with the complete system on any dyno anywhere.

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 09-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
Gator Bite, Thanks for the feedback on the system you are right, M&M produce's the Speed Art version as well. The main difference is that we have a "Sound Version" that is made to our spec's for US customers. You are absolutely right about the performance of this system, we have seen 33 Hp+ on our engine dyno in Germany with our program. But we are in the habit of under promising and over delivering. Our goal is for our customer's to see 20 hp minimum with the complete system on any dyno anywhere.
Rhonda,

When you say "we have seen 33 Hp+ on our engine dyno in Germany with our program" is that with the full exhaust only or are those gains for your full exhast and your FVD software. BTW your FVD software price that is part of your special offer is the best I can remember seeing any where.

Last edited by Slowcart; 09-03-2009 at 08:36 PM. Reason: add
Old 09-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Premium Sponsor
Slowcart,

That is with the complete exhaust system listed above and our software.

Our last generation complete exhaust with our software only yielded 25 Hp, so we are very happy with our new manufacturer's numbers.

By the way our Cayman software can also be custom ordered for left foot braking, currently the throttle cut's out and we can correct for that. We can also program out the secondary air pump when you install the "motorsport oil seperator". We can just about do anything with our software for a track set up that you want.

Your right about the great price! I wish I had one because I would be on this deal.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 09-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Premium Sponsor
bump

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 09-30-2009, 05:54 PM
photogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nice
looks impressive. is there any drone in the usual 2-3k rpm range?

Old 09-30-2009, 11:24 PM
06cs is on a distinguished road
is there much difference between this and speedart's version? or just a name stamp? i know speed art has the TUV as well as Export versions, does your compare to the TUV or export in terms of sound levels?

tks

Old 10-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Premium Sponsor
PhotogS,

No drone at all with any of these system's.

06cs,

M&M in Germany produce these for ourselves and speed art. The TUV and Sound Version are exactly the same sound and decibels.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 10-01-2009, 12:51 PM
06cs is on a distinguished road
Slowcart, thanks for the kind words. This set up is made for maximum mid range torque and horsepower where the Cayman's need it most.

Johnny, Glad we could be of service. That was a great custom order and we will be adding that to our line up, here is the link...
http://shop.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/Boxster-13/-/-/item/item_details/VID_5254611-VCD_94127498-gid_28-sort_3-display_50-item_BES98601200S/EXHAUST-Tuning-Headers-BES98601200S-986-Sport-Headers-(2%2C7L-3%2C2L)-with-200-cell-sport-catalytics.html

Bonerwall, The part number for the 2009 987.2 Boxster S muffler is BES 987 250 00S which currently retails for $ 1,999.00 so we can sell it to you for $ 1,699.00. I will check with FVD Germany for you for the dyno sheet, video, etc. of just the muffler. The great part is that we have 2 distinct sound versions already and you can custom order it if you need more decibels.

Thanks for all of your interest in our products...
Rhonda
is the muffler only version cat or catless?

Old 10-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Premium Sponsor
06cs,

The muffler is catless.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher - Cayman Race & Street Exhaust