Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do people think the boxster is fake Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 07:14 PM
adiaz is on a distinguished road
"i even had one guy say to me, why buy a Porsche SUV? why not get a real porsche? I just ignored his ignorant as$."

Have another make SUV try to follow you, and you will see its purely porsche, that would be my answer. I also say that I like to take the 911 with two girls maximum, as models these days are getting taller and taller and they dont fit in the backseat due to this I turn to the cayenne

and when I eventually have a track car, I will make up some line on how I need to tow my track car in style. will worry about that when I actually have a track car

And I have had some ignorant people tell me that the bozster is a poor man's porsche, to this I always ask How many poor people spend 50,000 or more on a two seater car?

Old 04-28-2005, 08:02 PM
pilot2519j is on a distinguished road
Dont worry the 911 is a VW.

A Porsche is a Porsche is a Porsche. This thread is typical from condecending imbeciles that believe that the 911 is the only vehicle that should be called a Porsche. The 911 is a descendant from the VW bug so maybe we should call it a VW!
In handling the 986 will outhandle the 911 that is ipso facto. The new Cayman has bested the lap time of the mighty Carrera S in the Nuburring giving away 60 hp.

Old 04-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dont worry the 911 is a VW.

Originally posted by pilot2519j
...This thread is typical from condecending imbeciles that believe that the 911 is the only vehicle that should be called a Porsche. The 911 is a descendant from the VW bug so maybe we should call it a VW!...
Maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea.

Old 04-29-2005, 03:24 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally posted by adiaz
"i even had one guy say to me, why buy a Porsche SUV? why not get a real porsche? I just ignored his ignorant as$."

And I have had some ignorant people tell me that the bozster is a poor man's porsche, to this I always ask How many poor people spend 50,000 or more on a two seater car?
very good point there u got.
not many poor people pay even 20k for a weekend car.

i sw a new boxster on the road and i really liked it.
It looks really smooth to me.

Raja

Old 04-29-2005, 03:31 PM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Truth is The Boxster S is one of the better cars I have owned. Vey well Vbalanced and responds reasonably well to Tuning.

I especially like the styling of the 987S Go for it you wont be sorry

Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2005, 04:10 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i really want a 911 c2s but might not be a good idea since i will need money for a ring and a wedding (hopefully soon). might have to settle for the next best thing. a boxster.

Hmm. all up in the air right now.

Old 04-30-2005, 10:07 AM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
I like all brands. Who cares what they say. Just get what you like.

Old 05-05-2005, 02:28 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
i look at my 05 box S, and see a 911 without the waste-
no big rear end
no wasted and worthless rear seat space esp a 977 cab
no poor inherent balance by design

and
better trunk space
better handling
quality build
superb interior

the more i slam the canyons the more i like it.

i of course would love gt3 or even gt2 power in a box s. but will i buy another MK II or GT2? no. granted i have ordered the new versions.... but the 911 is obsolete. and in my case the lack of big power focusses me on improving my driving.

imagine a $120K turbo box S with 450 HP, 450T

the image boyz think a box is for ******* and chicks, but they're one step behind reality...

Last edited by watt; 05-05-2005 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:09 PM
jumper5836 has a spectacular aura aboutjumper5836 has a spectacular aura about
I don't know why anyone would call it a poor mans Porsche.
I think its way over priced. I think the 944 was where that saying came from.
The Boxster is truly a Porsche, engineered, looks and sounds like a Porsche. Wish I could afford to buy one, but can only afford to have one Porsche in the garage.

Old 05-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
I enjoy my Boxster in some ways more than my TT...I am sure with a new Boxster S, I would be that much more happier....

hmmm....maybe I will get one.....stop me quick!

Old 05-15-2005, 01:36 AM
shamrock is on a distinguished road
I think it was good to have the boxster come out... not to offer a car that was more affordable, but to offer a different, unique, car. Hell- if you ask me it's the perfect "sports car" for any lady or even for any man. It was a smart move to offer a car like the boxster and i definately think it helps then with their target sales- a porsche is a porsche, that engine only knows 1 language- german, and to me the boxster speaks it, the carrera does, the turbo does, all of them do.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:13 PM
Mun Wong is on a distinguished road
Why do people think the boxster is fake Porsche

No question, the Boxter IS a Porsche!
I have a 996, but drove the Boxter and Boxter S at the PDE and they were just super - so well balanced, agile and a joy to drive. Just ignore those snobs or ignorant people!

Old 05-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Banned
nicklovesyou is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Why do people think the boxster is fake Porsche

Originally posted by StephenTi
Must be because they have small penises... small minded... small world... insecurities... small... small.. small.

Boxster is a sweet Porsche... the new one as well as the Cayman has really come into its own!
Looks ugly, performs poorly. Nothing to do with genital size.

Old 05-23-2005, 05:05 PM
ChosMister is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Re: Why do people think the boxster is fake Porsche

Originally posted by nicklovesyou
Looks ugly, performs poorly. Nothing to do with genital size.
Wow, you know what? Nick...you're right!

Because the Boxster doesn't look fcking sweet, it isn't one of the best handling cars in the world, and I am sure that you are hung like a horse. Oh my bad, by horse, I meant an infantile mouse with restricted blood flow.

(enjoy the sarcasm...except for the infantile mouse ***** thing, that is pretty dead on)

Old 05-23-2005, 07:12 PM
Banned
nicklovesyou is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Re: Re: Why do people think the boxster is fake Porsche

Originally posted by ChosMister
Wow, you know what? Nick...you're right!

Because the Boxster doesn't look fcking sweet, it isn't one of the best handling cars in the world, and I am sure that you are hung like a horse. Oh my bad, by horse, I meant an infantile mouse with restricted blood flow.

(enjoy the sarcasm...except for the infantile mouse ***** thing, that is pretty dead on)
You are lying to yourself. Boxster is ugly, either that or you have no taste. The handling is decent, but does not make up for the lack of power.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why do people think the boxster is fake Porsche