Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Has Lost that Lovin’ Feelin’

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 12:32 AM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Porsche Has Lost that Lovin’ Feelin’

http://blog.drkentshow.com/?p=1470

Excerpt:

"Besides, Cayman aficionados have waited patiently for Porsche to bring the Cayman up to the standards they want to no avail. After all these years, almost seven, waiting for Porsche AG to get off its butt and give us what we want, we are voting with our wallets. And we aren’t buying Cayman’s, not even the over-hyped CaymanR. It’s still too little and far too late."

Old 03-23-2011, 06:33 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gr8ful
http://blog.drkentshow.com/?p=1470

Excerpt:

"Besides, Cayman aficionados have waited patiently for Porsche to bring the Cayman up to the standards they want to no avail. After all these years, almost seven, waiting for Porsche AG to get off its butt and give us what we want, we are voting with our wallets. And we aren’t buying Cayman’s, not even the over-hyped CaymanR. It’s still too little and far too late."

Grasshopper, if one is a fan of Porsche, one must learn patience. They do things slowly. The 911 has been around since 1965, so it took them 46 years to add just 1.6 liters to the engine displacement.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:06 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Porsche needs to commit to racing the Cayman and supporting such ASAP.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:06 PM
chris97boxster is on a distinguished road
Would it be too much to ask for a 3.8 L in the Cayman R??
I won't bother to beg for the Turbo version....
but no they won't do that....because that would mean
the Cayman with a 3.8 would be nipping the butt of a 911S
But I might be trolling by making that statement.....
Would sales go up for the cayman with 3.8???
but sales would drop for 911......I think
my 2 cents
chris

Old 03-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Tacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these parts
Sales would drop for the 911 if they did put the 3.8 in the Cayman. But I know for myself I would only fit in the passenger seat of the Cayman. So getting the 911 would be the only option.

I was very disappointed when I found out I could fit in the Cayman. Atleast its not as bad as that Honda clown car, the S2000! You literally have to be a midget to fit in one of those.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Tacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these parts
That should read "could not fit"...

Old 03-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Actually, a 3.8L CaymanGT3 variant would be passing the 911's. And, yes, 911 sales would plumet.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:24 PM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
I can't stand that Porsche intentionally water-downs the Cayman/Boxster. Enough of the dated 911 already!

Old 03-24-2011, 11:35 PM
I'm on the fence about to buy or not. There is nothing new I can afford. More importantly, I would hate myself if I stooped to buy any of the current offerings.

I hate Porsche Marketing and that's all Porsche AG and Porsche Cars of North America are about.

I would like a toy car but nothing appeals to me. Those I can afford have questionable reliability and I am trying to keep my life simple. There, it's best I not buy. Besides, we are facing war on our own soil and $10 a gallon gas. Clearly, this is not the time to buy.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Airdoc will become famous soon enough
The fact that Porsche keeps the cars lined up at various price points to appeal to different segments of the market is no secret, and a source of frustration for Cayman/Boxster lovers for quite some time. Porsche is a company with worries of profit margins, share holders, and cash flow, so this paradigm is unlikely to change. If they developed a mid engine car with equal power to the rear engine cars, yes 911 sales would likely drop as sales of the new mid engine car rose. Cost to the company would increase as they would now have to support two platforms in each market segment.

A more interesting question is if they made a Cayman turbo would you actually buy it? If you were ready to spend roughly $180,000 on a new turbo, (or slightly less for a GT3), then it would be nice to have a choice as to the type. But how many of us are really ready to make the jump? How many new buyers would fall in behind the Porsche crest?

Old 03-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Originally Posted by Airdoc
The fact that Porsche keeps the cars lined up at various price points to appeal to different segments of the market is no secret, and a source of frustration for Cayman/Boxster lovers for quite some time. Porsche is a company with worries of profit margins, share holders, and cash flow, so this paradigm is unlikely to change. If they developed a mid engine car with equal power to the rear engine cars, yes 911 sales would likely drop as sales of the new mid engine car rose. Cost to the company would increase as they would now have to support two platforms in each market segment.

A more interesting question is if they made a Cayman turbo would you actually buy it? If you were ready to spend roughly $180,000 on a new turbo, (or slightly less for a GT3), then it would be nice to have a choice as to the type. But how many of us are really ready to make the jump? How many new buyers would fall in behind the Porsche crest?
100% agreed could not have said it better

Old 03-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
Rumor has it Porsche is going to build a mid-engined car positioned above the 911 to rival Ferrari, McLaren and the like if you believe the rumor post in the other forum. You may get your wish yet.