Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom bolt in Cage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 08:26 PM
harajuka is a jewel in the roughharajuka is a jewel in the roughharajuka is a jewel in the roughharajuka is a jewel in the rough
Custom bolt in Cage

Hey guys, it's a while since I have posted on here.. Haven't done much to the car since so haven't had much to post. I just got it in the shop last week and its getting a custom cage bolt in cage done by the guys over at Mazworx in Orlando, FL. Ill post more as the cage progresses, but here are brackets and such they have done so far...

Old 03-29-2011, 11:28 AM
harajuka is a jewel in the roughharajuka is a jewel in the roughharajuka is a jewel in the roughharajuka is a jewel in the rough
New pics, showing main hoop and the rear section welded up. More to come..

Old 03-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Tay Tay has a spectacular aura aboutTay Tay has a spectacular aura aboutTay Tay has a spectacular aura about
You sir have the nicest cayman s out there. Cant wait to see the Cage done.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Here is more progress on the cage..

Originally Posted by Tay Tay
You sir have the nicest cayman s out there. Cant wait to see the Cage done.
Thanks for the complements!

Old 03-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Tay Tay has a spectacular aura aboutTay Tay has a spectacular aura aboutTay Tay has a spectacular aura about
Can we have some more updated pics of your car and the wing please.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tay Tay
Can we have some more updated pics of your car and the wing please.
Ill definitely do that once I get the car back and then will work on getting the wing on.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:38 AM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Stoked to see the finished images

Old 03-31-2011, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Little Gator
I any curious to hear why the flanged collar that sits on top of the rear strut tower wasn't made as a complete circular flange and cylindical tube weldment. That would make it a lot more rigid as well as allow to attach to all 3 bolts at each tower. Would that make it too rigid?
I never made a cage for a car before. But I do design work which requires me to look at things with a critical eye for max. stiffness. A sheetmetal car may not be the place for no give & take.
I will have to agree with you on the circular flange being stronger, but I think if you went that route I think it would be impossible or really difficult to replace the trim panel that goes over the shock tower. I did some research before presenting this to the shop and I showed them pics of other cayman cages which were done in this fashion also.

It better be removable I specifically asked them for bolt in, so I can remove.. plus it needs to be removed to be powder coated so it better come out

Old 04-01-2011, 02:33 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
I love your car.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Cage is all welded up and ready to get powder coated..

Old 04-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Got my car back finally and cage is all complete. Have to say im very happy with the results. Now it's just begging for some new race seats...

Old 04-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Wow wow wow once again another great mod to a already incredible Cayman. I think I was told your local here in Jacksonville FL hopefully I will get to see this in person one day !

Old 04-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Sleepy996
Wow wow wow once again another great mod to a already incredible Cayman. I think I was told your local here in Jacksonville FL hopefully I will get to see this in person one day !
Thanks for the compliments. Yes I am in Jacksonville. Do you ever come out to the car meet second saturday every month at wild wings on southside? Ill will probably make it out to the next one.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by harajuka
Thanks for the compliments. Yes I am in Jacksonville. Do you ever come out to the car meet second saturday every month at wild wings on southside? Ill will probably make it out to the next one.
First time ever I made it out to the last one with two buddies but I didnt see you there. I drove my brown little Cayman. Going to try and make it to the next one.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:37 PM
crxwv has a spectacular aura aboutcrxwv has a spectacular aura aboutcrxwv has a spectacular aura about
Wow would like to see some more pictures of your Cayman.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Custom bolt in Cage