Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster spyder turbo exhaust note

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 12:19 PM
wantaspyder is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the info and fast response. I'm currently living out of the country in S. America and as per my visa I have 6 months starting in November to import a car. Otherwise I will incur a 40% importation tax. So, I'll be getting the Spyder in the relative short-term.

I would like the PDK and Chrono Pkg and then do some performance upgrades...not sure if i'll have the $$$$ for the turbo and don't trust the shops down here to make any major modifications. There is a Porsche dealer here but 95% of their business is the Cayenne...so any work done on the car I would do in the US prior to shipping.

If you don't mind me asking...what exhaust system are you using with the turbo? I'm reading a lot about the Tubi and Remus systems...they seems to be very popular with the Spyder and Cayman owners. Any opinion on those two?? Its virtually impossible for me to see first hand down here how they perform and/or sound...so I'm relying on the internet for my research.

Thanks again for your help.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Former Vendor
CampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by wantaspyder
Thanks for the info and fast response. I'm currently living out of the country in S. America and as per my visa I have 6 months starting in November to import a car. Otherwise I will incur a 40% importation tax. So, I'll be getting the Spyder in the relative short-term.

I would like the PDK and Chrono Pkg and then do some performance upgrades...not sure if i'll have the $$$$ for the turbo and don't trust the shops down here to make any major modifications. There is a Porsche dealer here but 95% of their business is the Cayenne...so any work done on the car I would do in the US prior to shipping.

If you don't mind me asking...what exhaust system are you using with the turbo? I'm reading a lot about the Tubi and Remus systems...they seems to be very popular with the Spyder and Cayman owners. Any opinion on those two?? Its virtually impossible for me to see first hand down here how they perform and/or sound...so I'm relying on the internet for my research.

Thanks again for your help.
The TPC turbo uses their own exhaust system. It is not compatible with any aftermarket exhaust system.

If you plan on keeping it N/A - not Turbo. The REMUS is relatively cheaper in stainless steel form and has been our best selling exhaust for the Cayman by far! Great tone, awesome performance, very little drone and great tip selections!

You can see more here:
http://www.campionishop.com/product/...s/Default.aspx

You can also opt for the higher end titanium system, it is oversized at 60mm instead of 54mm for the stainless steel system and provides even more performance gains with incredible weight reduction!

Link: http://www.campionishop.com/product/...s/Default.aspx

I hope this helps

Old 10-25-2011, 06:30 PM
224wheels is infamous around these parts
Champshop1 is steering you in a great direction, but you also may want to look into the miltek exhaust if they make it for the spyder.... great sound.

Yah the TPC turbo is a complete package and that is why I did it. Think about it 3k for an exhaust+ $500 intake+ 1 k ecu+ dude u r almost half way there. i'm just say'en with 5k in the car you r lucky to get 30 hp. where r u going to get the rest??? Can't go to f'en walmart 4 that $hit....turbo man.....turbo. If you are trying to squeeze hp & torque gains out of an exhaust don't waist your time or $. Do it for the love the sound the engine makes when you hammer it under a bridge. I screwed with an almost perfect thing as far as the engine goes. but You can always improve the suspension on any car. even though all you will need on this car is adjustable front and rear sway bars and links. Take my word for it...the best bang for the buck. Take advantage of the weak dollar while you can and buy it from an American company. Mine are TPC and work phenomenally.

What other mods were you thinking about doing to your spyder when u get it. intake, plentum, plugs, ecu map....? color, etc man com'on man give me the details brah.

I'm also sure there r a lot of competent shops on this site, if you come to a standstill on your decision on who to install this stuff look at the logo on the door of my spyder. 100% confidence in those guys. Mark and Doug are the real deal. Plus they r packer fans