Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's the new cayman!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 12:56 PM
cfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to behold
spoiler up.

Not sure if this one is floating around.

Had 40% more surface area than the last Gen cayman's spoiler.

Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2012, 12:58 PM
cfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to behold
adaptive cruise.

Adaptive cruise eye.
Fog lights are now LEDs.

Attached Images  

Last edited by cfgtts; 11-30-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rakez
fixed.
Simple overlay will do the trick for the most part. I like it!

Old 12-01-2012, 09:19 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Enilder
Simple overlay will do the trick for the most part. I like it!
I've thought about that. But with most light overlays, the light may look - incomplete. Like it gets cut off. I am going to reserve judgment, hoping somebody hooks this up.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:56 AM
gt3rs. is on a distinguished road
Can somebody can put a photoshop big rs style wing on it!!!
I want a cayman rs!
fixed.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:41 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gt3rs.
Can somebody can put a photoshop big rs style wing on it!!!
I want a cayman rs!
You guys and your imaginations... I love it!

I second the request for RS (or other balancing) wing photoshop.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:32 AM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Does anyone have a side shot of the Cayman with the spoiler up? This car is looking pretty hot. It might sway me away from the 991 to save a few dollars.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:56 AM
rakez is on a distinguished road
Aerokit?

Old 12-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Aerokit?
I hope you didn't spend more than 30 secs on that PS. I'm not feeling the duck bill. But the spoiler has potential...

I'm paying seriously close attention to the Cayman. If those tails can look like that - I've got a new favorite look.

If only - AWD Turbo - best car ever (with somehow miraculously maintaining sub-3000lbs).

Old 12-02-2012, 03:23 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I hope you didn't spend more than 30 secs on that PS. I'm not feeling the duck bill. But the spoiler has potential...

I'm paying seriously close attention to the Cayman. If those tails can look like that - I've got a new favorite look.

If only - AWD Turbo - best car ever (with somehow miraculously maintaining sub-3000lbs).
If they make an AWD Turbo, it may just cannibalize the 911 more than they want. I too would like to see the fixed spoiler without the ducktail.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by No.92
If they make an AWD Turbo, it may just cannibalize the 911 more than they want. I too would like to see the fixed spoiler without the ducktail.
This would only happen if the market determined the 911 Turbo is not worth it. If there are enough people that think it is, it would be safe.

Base Cayman around $60k. Base 911 around $90k. Put AWD, Turbo, and PDK in the Cayman for around $100k. If people still prefer the 911, it will sell.

My prediction is - it won't. If that is the case, there is a reason for that.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
This would only happen if the market determined the 911 Turbo is not worth it. If there are enough people that think it is, it would be safe.

Base Cayman around $60k. Base 911 around $90k. Put AWD, Turbo, and PDK in the Cayman for around $100k. If people still prefer the 911, it will sell.

My prediction is - it won't. If that is the case, there is a reason for that.
Maybe, the next Cayman R will be TT. Who knows? The new GT3 will be offered in PDK for the first time so chances are there! That's going to sell like hot cakes!

I, too, like the idea of RS spoiler. Although, the new RS spoiler looks "weak" in my opinion. Not aggressive enough (and I don't mean it the "rice" way).

Old 12-04-2012, 06:38 AM
Originally Posted by Enilder
Maybe, the next Cayman R will be TT. Who knows? The new GT3 will be offered in PDK for the first time so chances are there! That's going to sell like hot cakes!

I, too, like the idea of RS spoiler. Although, the new RS spoiler looks "weak" in my opinion. Not aggressive enough (and I don't mean it the "rice" way).
A TT Cayman? This will turn the world upside down.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:47 PM
A TT Cayman? This will turn the world upside down.
I am all in for that. I am curious to find out if Macan will actually be offered as a TT model (with a hope of numbers close to Cayenne S) Lots of speculations!

Old 11-21-2014, 08:04 PM
When I saw the new pic of the GT4, I was reminded of this thread. I'm so happy Porsche finally decided to see how far the Cayman can go. We'll I'm not up to speed on a lot of the details (already committed to looking at another car at the moment), but I'm certainly anxious to learn more in the coming weeks/months...

What a beautiful looking car (with the photoshop'd tails from the previous page)!!!