Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Porsche Boxster S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 09:42 AM
DuckNWeave is infamous around these parts
Talking First Porsche Boxster S

Hello!
Long time lurker and first time poster here. I just picked up my first Porsche over the weekend, a Dark Blue Boxster S. The salesman I purchased the car from has watched me walk into his showroom for about Seven years now. I can't imagine what he has been thinking during my quarterly visits to the dealership to look at the cars during that time period but he always treated me well. The look on his and my wife's face when I shook hands on the deal was actually worth the wait. I always wanted the 911 Turbo and will probably eventually purchase one in the future at some point but the outstanding platform of the new Boxster/Cayman pushed me over the cliff to a purchase. I can save the turbo for when all the kids are finally done with college. I look forward to sharing my ownership experience with the community here and to seeing you on the road soon! I would also like some recommendations for a quality detailer in the Chicagoland area. Thanks!

Attached Images  

Last edited by DuckNWeave; 06-19-2013 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Added Detailer question
Old 06-19-2013, 11:24 AM
jsprague is infamous around these parts
Wow, beautiful color combo!!! Congratulations and welcome! I'm actually not a regular here but have an older 03 boxster S and like to come lurk at the new model!! You're gonna love it and did I mention I like those wheels!

Old 06-19-2013, 11:27 AM
cremaley is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DuckNWeave
Hello!
Long time lurker and first time poster here. I just picked up my first Porsche over the weekend, a Dark Blue Boxster S. The salesman I purchased the car from has watched me walk into his showroom for about Seven years now. I can't imagine what he has been thinking during my quarterly visits to the dealership to look at the cars during that time period but he always treated me well. The look on his and my wife's face when I shook hands on the deal was actually worth the wait. I always wanted the 911 Turbo and will probably eventually purchase one in the future at some point but the outstanding platform of the new Boxster/Cayman pushed me over the cliff to a purchase. I can save the turbo for when all the kids are finally done with college. I look forward to sharing my ownership experience with the community here and to seeing you on the road soon! I would also like some recommendations for a quality detailer in the Chicagoland area. Thanks!

Congrats on your new Boxster S. You are absolutely going to love it. I recently traded my 2008 Cayman S for a 2011 Boxster Spyder and could not be happier. Good luck with yours.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:48 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DuckNWeave
Hello!
Great color choice . The wheels look great on the blue in the sunlight too .
BTW . I have a 911 Turbo and a Boxster S and I have to say that I am having a very different level of fun with the Boxster S and in terms of daily driver vesatility it's an amazing car . Congrats !!!

Old 06-20-2013, 05:08 PM
HB.
HB. is infamous around these parts
Lucky man, lucky man!

Old 06-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Site Sponsor
vividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful and such a sexy color. Enjoy and maybe later upgrade it.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Gruson is infamous around these parts
Great color combo. Congrats.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:16 PM
qhb
qhb is infamous around these parts
Stunning car!!! Congrats!!!

Old 06-21-2013, 07:12 AM
DuckNWeave is infamous around these parts
Thanks Everyone!

Interesting side note coming from a long line of Minivan and SUV vehicles it is a unique experience to have somebody pull up next to the car at a light in a VW Beetle and watch them look DOWN to see the car. Being close to the earth is a good thing! Haven"t had this much fun driving since my first car, a $150.00 Mustang, ages ago

Old 06-21-2013, 08:39 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Welcome and congrats, it looks to be a stunning example Would love to see a few more pictures when you get a chance.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:15 PM
wouldyalookatit?! is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the purchase brother!