Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member: Thoughts on '08 Cayman S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Gmauro83 is infamous around these parts
Talking New Member: Thoughts on '08 Cayman S

I am new to the forum but looking forward to picking up a Cayman S soon. I found one in great cosmetic shape/well maintained with 45k miles for $30k. The car is black on black and previously CPO'd. It has the Sport Chrono Package, Xenon Headlights, standard leather package, auto climate control, preferred package, bose sound and heated seats. I spoke with the dealership and it is covered until 5/2/14. Friday I am going to pay to have them completely check out the car. If nothing significant is found I will probably complete the purchase over the weekend. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for any and all advice.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Nice Rumble is infamous around these parts
You're having the selling dealer do a PPI (pre-purchase inspection). They would not exactly be neutral in their inspection as they have a vested interest in getting it sold. I would take it to an independent shop for the PPI. There is not much time left on the warranty to cover any failures not uncovered now. Money well spent.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the insight. To elaborate, the car is being sold by a private party and I am going to take it to a dealership prior to purchase tomorrow to have them go through the PPI bf the warrantee is up. Assuming there are no issues, what do you guys think of the price relative to the miles/options? From what I have seen thus far, it seems below market. If there are any specific issues I should have the dealer look for please let me know. Thanks

Old 04-04-2014, 08:29 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Good luck with the PPI Gmauro83. As for price, it seems to be a pretty good asking price if everything checks out. Post up a few pictures if you end up getting it.

Old 04-04-2014, 11:33 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Sounds like a decent price for the car if it's in great condition. You've already done the most important thing by paying for a PPI by an independent third party. I assume you've already done or have plans to do an extended test drive as well (city and highway driving for at least 10 miles)?

Old 04-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Smoking Deal !!! I have almost the same options and Black on Black so you found a good one there !!!! MSRP must have been close to 70k

Old 04-05-2014, 09:55 AM
The PPI inspection went well. It will need new tires next season, but the independant seller is replacing the rotors, pads and PSM sensors and having a complete detail done before the sale. I am going to take the car to Sol at Perfect Power for a second opinion tomorrow, but if it all comes back good I'll complete everything by mid week. I'll post pictures as soon as everything is confirmed. Thanks again for the input.