Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Size Steering Wheel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 02:27 PM
wdonovan is infamous around these parts
Not quick release, just a hub. I have to look around a bit to find what make hub. It wasn't easy to find. Don't risk the NRG hub. A few have said it doesn't work. Be back tomorrow. Oh and if you're 5'6" you probably can see the tach with a 320mm wheel. And IMO the smaller wheel gives more feedback than the stock diameter. I also drive a Lotus Elise so the factory Porsche wheel felt like something on a Carnival Cruise ship.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:08 AM
OK found it. Did not lose any functionality from this hub. maybe they make QR models as well. I believe I used this along with an NRG 13mm spacer to get the wheel where I wanted it (wanted to still be able to reach the turn signal stem and others).
http://www.paragon-products.com/MOMO...hubadapter.htm

Last edited by wdonovan; 04-28-2015 at 06:17 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:02 PM
igdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by wdonovan
OK found it. Did not lose any functionality from this hub. maybe they make QR models as well. I believe I used this along with an NRG 13mm spacer to get the wheel where I wanted it (wanted to still be able to reach the turn signal stem and others).
http://www.paragon-products.com/MOMO...hubadapter.htm
I think people have been suggesting the rennline quick release... So no NRG quick release? Any chance you have a diy link... Thanks

Old 04-29-2015, 05:55 AM
Any QR with the appropriate 6 bolt pattern should work. The tricky part is the compatible hub. I chose this one because it allowed the turn signals to work... a requirement you may not have with a track only car. One article is:
http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/caym...l-install.html
There was another one with detail about good vs no good hubs but I can't seem to find it right now. Pretty it was Planet-9 though.
A couple answers before you ask the questions... 1) Leave key in but disconnect battery 2) a Torx socket works although the corect bit is a triple square to remove the wheel. If you don't want the airbag light to come on (dealer needed or Durametric to reset), make sure you use resistors to trick the airbag circuit before restoring power to the car.