Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photo DIY: 2018 Cayman S (with PDK!) 982.130 Engine Oil Change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 02:07 PM
g-amg is an unknown quantity at this point
Photo DIY: 2018 Cayman S (with PDK!) 982.130 Engine Oil Change

Greets!
I'm ashamed to admit it... but it has taken an Unfortunate number of 'Decades' for me to discover the world of Porsche! The good news?? "NOW I GET IT!!"
Haaa Haa.

Being a life-long 'Mercedes Guy', we have recently 'Come to our Senses' and have taken a Euro Delivery on a 2018 Cayman S with PDK.

In Researching the Oil Change procedure on this particular vehicle? NOT MUCH OUT THERE! Therefore, I went straight to the horse's mouth (PIWIS TSI) and got the all the Info....

Well... Just finished the job... And?? Since I'm probably going to get Verbally 'Lambasted' for multiple reasons, (Being a 'Noob'... a 'Mercedes Guy'.. and for 'Destroying our Environment with Un-Needed Oil Change'...) I'll toss out One additional Fire-Starter: This Oil change was a RIDICULOUSLY complicated Procedure for a simple oil change!! An Oil change on a Benz?? 10 Minutes MAX!! Aspirate Oil from Dipstick Tube, Unscrew filter right in front of your face, fill... DONE!!!
I've heard some stories of DEALERSHIPS taking 3 hours to do a silly Oil Change.

Anyhooooo, the deed is done, and, as an introduction, I thought I would toss out a 'Color-Pictorial' of the Job.

As ALWAYS, you absolutely must be EXCEEDING CAREFUL while working underneath any vehicle.... Use Hand & Eye protection.. Blah, Blah, Blah...
PLEASE NOTE!! This procedure is SPECIFICALLY for those vehicles with PDK Transmission! It is my ‘Limited-Understanding’ that the Headlamp Leveling Sensor DOES NOT need to be removed on the Standard Gearbox models.

Sorry In Advance, for the 'WONKY' Orientations of the Photos... It is your SITE which 'Randomly-Rotates' the Images... And since your Admin will Not allow any Links to Photo Servers?? This is the best I can do....