Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 Boxster GTS ordered, no delivery until December

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 08:29 PM
crossmar is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by davidm17
Congrats! I would have gone for a different color, but all that matters is that you like it.
Thanks David! I've had black cars and white cars and this is my first red car...wanted to switch it up a bit.

Old 11-03-2018, 08:33 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by jg_atl
Are you getting any feedback on your build yet? Now is about the time when you can start seeing reports that the parts have been received and it is getting ready to start assembly. If the car is delivered in December, it should get built sometime in November.
I called the GM and confirmed that the car is scheduled to be delivered to the dealer on November the 30th, so just under a month to go. I'm getting excited (and impatient)....thanks for the follow up! Always cool to have someone else wait along with you.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:11 AM
jg_atl is on a distinguished road
This is the information I was getting from my sales rep at Hennessy every time something happened, he would send me this as an update. Note that production was fixed in September and production was done in October for delivery in November. Your sales rep should be able to provide you with the same info.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:56 PM
The sales rep texted me and said the car would be here next week. Though I think it's already been delivered to the dealer as they activated the Porsche Connect service and it sent me an email saying so. Will post some pics when I take delivery. Woo hoo!! It's only been a four month wait!

Old 11-16-2018, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by jg_atl
This is the information I was getting from my sales rep at Hennessy every time something happened, he would send me this as an update. Note that production was fixed in September and production was done in October for delivery in November. Your sales rep should be able to provide you with the same info.

Thought I replied to this before jg_atl...sorry. I did receive something very similar and used it to on the ship tracking site, but wasn't very successful in tracking the actual car unfortunately.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:15 PM
She's Finally Here

Going to pick up the car tomorrow!!! Woot! My dealer sent me pics! Enjoy. All told, a little less than 4 months from order to delivery.

The black door handles give it a nice edge...I've rarely seen these added.

Last edited by crossmar; 11-16-2018 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:31 AM
jg_atl is on a distinguished road
Wow! Absolutely stunning. Beautiful combination of the red and back. The red calipers play nicely with the black wheels and the red seat belts look good with the red seat inserts. And the black door handles are a nice accent. I doubt you got any sleep last night! Enjoy the permagrin. When you get it broken in and you want to drive some amazing roads, come on up to the Asheville area, there are tons of great roads, including the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Also check out Dave Heiden’s PCAR Touring site. He is doing a drive on Black Friday up to Sapphire, NC that you may want to see if he has any spaces.
`