Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THANKS--SHARKWERKS--Cayman S MODS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Perfect my friend

Old 03-25-2007, 09:04 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
def. one of the nicest car. plus i love your white garage.
wish i could afford 1/4 the cars you have. :-)
have fun at the track and let us know about how you liked the suspension at the track.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:03 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
James,

I have a stage 2 996T and love it. I'm looking for a "different" experience to compliment the turbo and am trying to decide between a CS and 997GT3 for occasional track use. Since you have both (and a TT) I thought I'd ask what your impression is on how they're different than the TT. I'm in line for an 08GT3, but have recently driven a CS and was impressed even though I think it should have another 50HP. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Old 03-26-2007, 01:51 AM
angels_spear is on a distinguished road
Very nice !!!
? Are those BBS RS-GT wheels?? What kind of black is that?
what is the tire size?

Best,

Old 03-26-2007, 04:34 AM
eshaun will become famous soon enougheshaun will become famous soon enough
looks awesome james...good catching up with you the other day

Old 03-26-2007, 04:59 AM
master_jcp will become famous soon enoughmaster_jcp will become famous soon enough
Looks very hot. I have seen today in the nederlands a white Cayman with black wheels, too ( and martini racing strip. I must search pics in the web.) Best color for the car.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:31 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Stock Cayman S handles like a dream so this must be insane on the track. What sizes are those tires and wheels?

Old 03-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Nice ride. Have fun at the track!

Old 03-27-2007, 12:25 AM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
nice deal, though u could have my moton, springs, monoball upper mounts for $3500 ;-)

anyways, why aren't you tracking the GT3?

Old 03-27-2007, 12:42 AM
JWGT2 will become famous soon enoughJWGT2 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Itzkirb
Nice James....she looks a lot better lowered. Good luck at the track, should be perfect weather.
Thanks KIRB...it was great weather for a track day...80's light breeze, gotta enjoy before summer hits up there.

When's your next Track day? Bring that C2 out!

Old 03-27-2007, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by angels_spear
Very nice !!!
? Are those BBS RS-GT wheels?? What kind of black is that?
what is the tire size?

Best,
Thanks...
The wheels are Kinesis K28's (before Kinesis was sold to that other company )w/ a Matte Black finish for that industrial look.
Currently running Toyo RA1: front 245/40 and rear 275/35...18's of course for track.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by mooty
nice deal, though u could have my moton, springs, monoball upper mounts for $3500 ;-)

anyways, why aren't you tracking the GT3?
Trust me...i can't wait. My 1st event of the year, completed break in....but couldn't resist trying out CS w/o having to brace myself in stock seats w/ stock susp at TH...yes motons are tempting, but i dont' think i'm even on that level at the track....gotta say though the PSS9's w/ H&R sways made a huge difference in terms of body roll already.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by dtmarsh
James,

I have a stage 2 996T and love it. I'm looking for a "different" experience to compliment the turbo and am trying to decide between a CS and 997GT3 for occasional track use. Since you have both (and a TT) I thought I'd ask what your impression is on how they're different than the TT. I'm in line for an 08GT3, but have recently driven a CS and was impressed even though I think it should have another 50HP. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
For a "different" experience, I would say CS...mid-engined, super balanced out of the box. I tracked the CS in stock unmolested form (non-PASM) all year and loved it, even w/ the huge fender gaps. Y

You mention "occasional track use": it really depends on your experience and comfort level...although the 997GT3 has TC, it doesn't have PSM...so for the novice or occasional track guy, probably not the right car. I would also prefer and extra 50hp on CS...however, I still have fun at the track. W/ less power, forces me to become a better driver esp when on track w/ C6 Z06's, 996/997GT3's, 996TT's.

SERIOUSLY though....NOTHING gets my juices flowing like the 997GT3 -- the sound, the low-end grunt...it's such an ANGRY car. I have yet to take the 997GT3 out this season, but just can't wait....recently passed break in and red-lined 3rd at 118mph (i think), didn't even shift to fourth in fear of cops.

Hope this helps you, PM me when u decide which you choose.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:29 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
james and kirb,

i'll be at LS 4/9
then BW 4/27
TH 4/28-29 weekend

hope to see you there.
TH is with NCRC
http://www.ncracing.org/
great instructors.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:03 PM
rayray is on a distinguished road
I am starting to like the color white!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: THANKS--SHARKWERKS--Cayman S MODS