Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THANKS--SHARKWERKS--Cayman S MODS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 05:38 PM
win
win is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rayray
I am starting to like the color white!
White's the new silver—everyone's got one.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:47 PM
JWGT2 will become famous soon enoughJWGT2 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by win
White's the new silver—everyone's got one.
I'm actually really liking your choice of Cobalt for the 997GT3!! i'm sure it will be very unique. Post some pics when she arrives!

Yes, white has become quite popular. It's funny cuz when i bought my Carrera White '03 996GT2 in June 2004, several porschephiles recommend AGAINST it...said that Silver and Black were the traditional P-car colors that were easier to sell. To me, the 996 GT2 just looked RIGHT in white.

Now I think the most popular 997GT3 color is white!!

Old 03-27-2007, 05:58 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
JWGT2 "invented" white on the 996-side and from that momeny on....

Old 03-28-2007, 01:45 PM
987bs is on a distinguished road
JWGT2, I see you lowered your car a lot, let me ask you something, what camber do you have on the rear? and also, as I can see in the pictures you dont have that much of a negative camber as I do, and mine is as low as yours, just wanted to know if you have any recommendation as to how can I straighten my wheel's camber, I believe I have around -2.75 and I want something around -1.75

Thanks! and good luck with your car, it looks beautiful

Old 03-28-2007, 11:37 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Very sweet ride! Great choice on the mods!

Old 03-30-2007, 01:33 PM
171mph is on a distinguished road
Hey James,

Long time no see! I like the mods. I also got pss9s couple questions: does your front end make a spring perch sound when slow hard turning? (my dealer told me they do this since and not a prob) - i had mine lowered about 1.5 inches. also, i think i got majorly screwed on the price i paid $4500 all in inscluding installation. i won't mention the dealer here.

are u going to t-hill with pca this w/e?

dave (midnight blue cayman s)

Old 03-30-2007, 06:33 PM
JWGT2 will become famous soon enoughJWGT2 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 171mph
Hey James,

Long time no see! I like the mods. I also got pss9s couple questions: does your front end make a spring perch sound when slow hard turning? (my dealer told me they do this since and not a prob) - i had mine lowered about 1.5 inches. also, i think i got majorly screwed on the price i paid $4500 all in inscluding installation. i won't mention the dealer here.

are u going to t-hill with pca this w/e?

dave (midnight blue cayman s)
Dave:
Great to hear from you and to see you post! No my pss9's do not make a sound -- better get it checked out. $4500 is steep!! Call the guys at Sharkwerks -- i think i mentioned them to you during our last track event, Alex and James are really trustworthy and highly skilled tuners...they've done many PSS9 kits in Cayman's already this year.

PCA event--didn't know they had one...anymore room? Very tempting.

Let's catch up sometime...

James

Old 03-30-2007, 07:46 PM
WTRacing has a little shameless behaviour in the past
very very good looking..

is the rear wing C/F?
if so is it still functional?
anymore pics of it?

Old 03-31-2007, 02:00 PM
171mph is on a distinguished road
James, i basically got ripped off. sharkwerks sounds like the way to go. i might do the milltek/evo thing at some point so i'll prob check them out.

on PCA don't know if space this w/e but check. Andrew Forrest's (tt chair) # 650 387 4019. would be great to see you and your bro again.

i'm also signed up for t-hill on 4/14 with Nasa, 4/20 at laguna with speedventures and 4/28 at t-hill with ncra. goings full on in april

Old 04-03-2007, 12:34 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
hi dave, sorry to hear about you getting $%$*$*$ but we could certainly drive/test it and see. There's sadly a good few things that can make noise since the entire rear end and interior comes out.... We can also help you out on the other performance stuff...

PS Say hi to Andrew (James - the other owner here) used to share a house with him!

Old 04-03-2007, 11:00 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Looks great!

Old 04-03-2007, 11:09 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
james, to run with PCA ( assuming this is your first time ) you need to do a ground school first.

i will be at TH with ncrc 4/28-9. hope to see you there.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:22 PM
WTRacing has a little shameless behaviour in the past
still wondering about that rear wing I asked about

Old 04-06-2007, 08:35 PM
WTRacing it was a one off thing that we did in CF. It's not any bigger than the stock one and just replaces it....

Old 04-11-2007, 08:37 PM
cosmo is on a distinguished road
track wheels

What make and style are the black wheels?

Great looking car!

Cosmo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: THANKS--SHARKWERKS--Cayman S MODS