Alberta members check in!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 09:50 PM
Ksa
Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point
Great! Gorgeous car you have there. Glad to see Albertan's around. If we have a few Edmonton/Calgary region areas around the forums we should plan some summer meet! I am not offering to organize btw as I suck at those but thought I'd throw out a suggestion. Haha.

Old 04-04-2019, 09:06 PM
Ksa
What shops do you guys recommend in the Edmonton area to take these cars to that doesn't rip you off completely like the big dealers do? I recently purchased an Aston Martin Vantage and I am just getting my ducks in a row for the time when it comes for servicing etc. Thanks guys.

Old 01-19-2022, 12:02 PM
RDroz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Ksa
What shops do you guys recommend in the Edmonton area to take these cars to that doesn't rip you off completely like the big dealers do? I recently purchased an Aston Martin Vantage and I am just getting my ducks in a row for the time when it comes for servicing etc. Thanks guys.
Good to see another Alberta Aston owner on here.

I bought a 2007 V8 Vantage a while back (satin black wrapped, with very loud Quicksilver exhaust, aftermarket black rims) but haven't had to outsource any maintenance yet (fingers crossed). I put in new door and hatch struts, changed mufflers, and have done a few minor repairs, but the car has been good.

Hope to see you on the road (I commute St. Albert to south side of Edmonton so you might see me out).

Old 01-19-2022, 12:33 PM
Ksa
Originally Posted by RDroz
Good to see another Alberta Aston owner on here.

I bought a 2007 V8 Vantage a while back (satin black wrapped, with very loud Quicksilver exhaust, aftermarket black rims) but haven't had to outsource any maintenance yet (fingers crossed). I put in new door and hatch struts, changed mufflers, and have done a few minor repairs, but the car has been good.

Hope to see you on the road (I commute St. Albert to south side of Edmonton so you might see me out).
I actually no longer own my Aston Martin and only kept it about 6 months (I have a pattern of moving through cars quite quickly). Since my 2008 Vantage, I have had the 2019 Vantage, 2016 AMG GTS and now I just picked up a 2020 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S. These are just the fun cars and I have my separate daily's. My Vantage was Blue and had a Quicksilver exhaust with cat delete and everything. I did not have aftermarket Black rims though as I had Vanquish wheels on that.

I have the chrome Vantage wheels with Michelin winter tires that are 80% tread left wrapped on it form my 2008 Vantage sitting in storage in Calgary. If you're interested I could probably sell those to you at a pretty cheap (basically think the cost of decent winter tires).

Regardless the commute you mentioned is in fact half of mine - I usually go from the West end to Windermere so I may deff. see you.

Old 01-19-2022, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Ksa
I actually no longer own my Aston Martin and only kept it about 6 months (I have a pattern of moving through cars quite quickly). Since my 2008 Vantage, I have had the 2019 Vantage, 2016 AMG GTS and now I just picked up a 2020 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S. These are just the fun cars and I have my separate daily's. My Vantage was Blue and had a Quicksilver exhaust with cat delete and everything. I did not have aftermarket Black rims though as I had Vanquish wheels on that.

I have the chrome Vantage wheels with Michelin winter tires that are 80% tread left wrapped on it form my 2008 Vantage sitting in storage in Calgary. If you're interested I could probably sell those to you at a pretty cheap (basically think the cost of decent winter tires).

Regardless the commute you mentioned is in fact half of mine - I usually go from the West end to Windermere so I may deff. see you.
Wow, you do move through them, lol. Was your blue Vantage the one advertised a couple years back through that exotic car dealer downtown?

I don't drive the Aston in the winter, so the winter tires aren't of use to me, and I have the original wheels in storage.

My other car is a red Lotus Esprit (1994) that splits summertime commute duty. (Also a bit loud).

Crazy place to own a nice car, lol.

Old 01-19-2022, 04:51 PM
Ksa
Originally Posted by RDroz
Wow, you do move through them, lol. Was your blue Vantage the one advertised a couple years back through that exotic car dealer downtown?

I don't drive the Aston in the winter, so the winter tires aren't of use to me, and I have the original wheels in storage.

My other car is a red Lotus Esprit (1994) that splits summertime commute duty. (Also a bit loud).

Crazy place to own a nice car, lol.
My Vantage was traded to Dilawri Aston Martin/Bentley in Calgary as I purchased my brand new Vantage from them. They had it listed for quite some time, not sure where it ultimately went. And fair enough on the wheels. I got tired of seeing these cars parked for 8 months out of a year without being able to drive them that’s why decided to try the new 911. As long as I can keep it a year, I’ll consider it a success knowing my track record (33’rd car in 10 years). Never owners a Lotus yet…so maybe should look into them Lol. Though I likely wouldn’t comfortably fit in one based on being 6.1 and 220 lbs. haha.

Old 01-20-2022, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by Ksa
My Vantage was traded to Dilawri Aston Martin/Bentley in Calgary as I purchased my brand new Vantage from them. They had it listed for quite some time, not sure where it ultimately went. And fair enough on the wheels. I got tired of seeing these cars parked for 8 months out of a year without being able to drive them that’s why decided to try the new 911. As long as I can keep it a year, I’ll consider it a success knowing my track record (33’rd car in 10 years). Never owners a Lotus yet…so maybe should look into them Lol. Though I likely wouldn’t comfortably fit in one based on being 6.1 and 220 lbs. haha.
Might be a squeeze. I'm 5' 11" and 175 lbs and I have issues getting in/out and need the sunroof tilted open to sit up straight.

Biggest space issue for me though is the pedal box vs my 10.5 shoe size......I drive with 1 shoe removed, lol.

More modern stuff is much more accommodating, though perhaps it takes some of the "special" out of it.