Post Festivus Edmonton 6speed gathering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 10:33 PM
REFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really nice
Chris:
Thanks bud! This one's a manual
Got it to kick the tail out a bit in Vegas but PSM "saved" me (or rather my salesman) hahaha

My sidewalk will be cleared tomorrow, no sense in shoveling twice and I really doubt anyone will be out "enjoying the weather" today haha

Old 02-01-2008, 10:06 PM
168 will become famous soon enough168 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by REFLUX
Howie:
You are JOKING!
Hahahhaa that is way too coincidental!
If you don't mind me asking, did anything came up with that hit & run guy?
And how's your wife doing? I hope there wasn't any whiplash or anything.
Terry,

Nothing came up from the hit & run. Police were too busy to go look for this guy(WTF?)
Anyways, wife is fine. Only whiplash she gets is when I put the pedal down on the
GT700

Howie

Old 02-10-2008, 01:11 AM
REFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really nice
That's great to hear your wife's doing fine
Just don't hurt her neck too much with that Turbo of yours! Sounds like quite the monster hahaha!

Oh and the 997's arrived, came in 2 days ago and been driving it since.
Man what a huge learning curve with this vehicle, my heart rate goes up every time I go faster than I should
Had an interesting experience tonight with the PSM button, thought I'd be adventurous and turn it off for a low speed turn...found myself perpendicular to a snowbank with the steering wheel at full counter steer ahhaha

I'll have some pics up soon, she's pretty dirty though

Old 02-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Sorry for the delay, things have been busy

http://picasaweb.google.com/terenscelui/Carrera

Old 02-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Looks great Terry, you definately get the title of "Edmonton's dirtiest Carrera!". Have you got snows on it or are you just sliding away?

Old 02-18-2008, 11:17 PM
Pro:
Thanks! I'll wear that title proudly hahaah

It has Michelin Pilot Alpins on, even with the winter tires it can get twitchy. But the car is very confidence inspiring, just gotta keep it from turning into over-confidence

I'm not the most well-exposed car enthusiast there is but from all the cars I've driven, ridden in, been around...the longer I'm with this 997 the more I like it.
Every time I drive it there are moments when my heart rate goes right up (for some reason the speedometer goes up too), the sound was really weird at first but surprisingly it's grown on me and it is very appealing (I love how it purrs when you're parking)...and the looks....each time it's parked and I walk away, I continually look back as if it's going to wink at me.

Never experienced this with a car before and it is one helluva feeling!
Might be love.

Last edited by REFLUX; 02-18-2008 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:32 AM
Loose is infamous around these parts
congrats terry

Old 02-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Thanks Chris

Old 02-22-2008, 10:01 AM
How´s the car in the winter? You´ll have to show me the car sometime.

BTW... I´m posting from Guatemala city. On my honeymoon. Paola´s and I´m on the damn forums again... LOL

Old 02-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Hahahahha congrats on tying the knot Chris!
I'll have to buy you a drink when you're back

The car is fantastic in the snow, clearance is good, control is excellent and even going over the bumpy ice is very bearable, so are the potholes (whenever I can't dodge one in time).
Grip wise, the tires are doing an excellent job in the turns, braking and even accelerating. It's gotten fairly warm in the past week and a half (not sure when you left) but when it was still cold I had put the pedal down in 2nd gear from 4k-6krpm and there was significant amounts of wiggle. It was a strange sensation, like a mix of FWD torque steer + RWD oversteer (makes sense really, given that it distributes power to the front).

It warms up very quickly (non-heated garage) and the heated seats are super hot (you can't have'm on high as it gets too warm).

And yes, we'll have to meet up when you're back, give me a call/message when you got time!
Have fun in S.America!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 07:02 AM
k, back now, lets go for lunch some day

Old 03-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by REFLUX
Howie:
You are JOKING!
Hahahhaa that is way too coincidental!
If you don't mind me asking, did anything came up with that hit & run guy?
And how's your wife doing? I hope there wasn't any whiplash or anything.
Terry,

I just contacted my ins. company. They may open the file again, so they might contact you again to try and locate the guy. They have his full name and plate #, but say they are not able to locate him due to privacy issues, so I really raised hell and told them it was BS. So now they said they will try again.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Howie

Old 03-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Chris:
Cool I'll give you a ring/text in the next few days.

Howie:
Oh good! I'd be more than happy to help, just let me know what I can do for you & your wife
That idiot really deserves some consequence for all of this.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Really appreciate it Terry.
Hows the car been?. Probably getting me enjoyable with the snow almost all gone.

Howie

Old 03-14-2008, 12:03 AM
Anytime Howie

The car's been fantastic! Spent some time today cleaning it up and man...it looked good dirty but now that it's clean, what a sight!
I swear there must've been at least a 5lb reduction in weight from all the dirt ahhaha

And yeah, the roads are much nicer to drive on now (wow, ever hear that about Edmonton roads?) but the sand is still a factor for caution.

We should organize another 6speed-after-work meet again