When the dollar goes to par i'm going to buy....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 09:57 PM
c2gta is on a distinguished road
When the dollar goes to par i'm going to buy....

Hello fellow Canadians,

Just out of curiosity, what are you going to buy IF the dollar goes to par? It doesn't necessarily have to be a car. Although i think that would be an ideal purchase.

I'll start off by revealing that i've had my eye on a polisher and some waxes from Detailers Domain. I've emailed Phil but never got to pulling the trigger.

What do Americans import from Canada? Will they buy less of our Maple Syrup if our dollar goes to par?

Old 08-31-2009, 02:25 AM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Have you ever looked at:

http://www.eshine.ca/

Located in Port Colborne, Ontario and ships all across Canada.
Offers quick shipping, fair pricing and great deals every month.

I've been very happy with the service that Chris offers.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:34 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Property in South Beach when Dollar gets closer...

Old 08-31-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Zookie
I'm thinking more retirement . . . well at least a few years off to play around . . .

Old 08-31-2009, 11:11 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gekko
I'm thinking more retirement . . . well at least a few years off to play around . . .
im 23, so im thinking more PARTY!!!!

Old 09-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Have you ever looked at:

http://www.eshine.ca/

Located in Port Colborne, Ontario and ships all across Canada.
Offers quick shipping, fair pricing and great deals every month.

I've been very happy with the service that Chris offers.

Thanks Gekko, i'll most definitely get my polisher, and possibly a couple of waxes from eshine to avoid duty and what-not. They don't carry the high-end stuff, but if your car comes out like that, then i don't think i'll need to buy premium waxes.

Your car looks brand new in the pic!

Old 09-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Hey Zookie, you killed this thread with your baller talk about properties in South Beach.

Zookie = Baller

South Beach = Latinas? correct? You may have to go to the public library and pick up some books on Espanol before you start partying it up.

Last edited by c2gta; 09-02-2009 at 10:51 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 09-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by c2gta
Hey Zookie, you killed this thread with your baller talk about properties in South Beach.

Zookie = Baller

South Beach = Latinas? correct? You may have to go to the public library and pick up some books on Espanol before you start partying it up.
lols ahaha, no they speak failry good english there, but everyone thinks im Spanis myself coz im brown...

Old 09-02-2009, 11:06 PM
lols ahaha, no they speak failry good english there, but everyone thinks im Spanis myself coz im brown...
I always get the - "are you Mexican??" when in L.A.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:10 PM
I always get the - "are you Mexican??" when in L.A.
lol then you should stop hanging around on people's Lawns...

JOKING!!

Old 09-03-2009, 03:10 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
back on topic.. i want a pdk boxster. no money for a 911 since i just bought a new house, and i can't justify paying more for a cayman than a boxster.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by split
i want a pdk boxster.
why PDK? are you Handicap?

Old 09-03-2009, 03:35 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
short answer: yes

long answer: my girlfriend is always nervous driving standard and i figure i'll just buy a pdk next time so that if we ever need to trade cars its not a problem. Plus i liked the SMG in my e46 m3. Otherwise if she gets more comfortable with it i'll probably save myself the money and skip the PDK (even though its much faster than stick).

Old 09-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by split
short answer: yes

long answer: my girlfriend is always nervous driving standard and i figure i'll just buy a pdk next time so that if we ever need to trade cars its not a problem. Plus i liked the SMG in my e46 m3. Otherwise if she gets more comfortable with it i'll probably save myself the money and skip the PDK (even though its much faster than stick).
when do you planing on buying? I ask this because since its a new system and some people are having issues with it. i think Porsche will be quik to do some Updates... So you should wate for that...

And comon Cayman is more fun... unless you want a open top...

Old 09-03-2009, 04:00 PM
i'm not really interested in the open top actually. its more just that i can't justify buying a cayman over a boxster.
most cars, ie) f430, m3's, etc
you pay extra to get them as a convertible
with the cayman, you pay extra to get a hardtop? If the cayman had the c2's motor i'd understand; but it doesn't.
the only way i'd buy a cayman is if i can find a reasonably priced techart cayman s. There was one for sale by puds on here and i was just waiting for our dollar to go up before buying it, and unfortunately it sold before that happened

edit: i forgot to answer your first question -- I plan to buy when the dollar hits par As for that annoying porsche warranty aspect. I was considering buying a 987 boxster with a recently expired warranty and just getting some aftermarket warranty that's valid in canada instead of getting a porsche CPO warranty and then having to pay $1250 to get some bs inspection.

Last edited by split; 09-03-2009 at 04:04 PM. Reason: forgot to answer zookie's first question

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: When the dollar goes to par i'm going to buy....