Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cornering lights not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 06:35 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Cornering lights not working

Hello, I recently got a message popped up in the small screen next to the gauges indicating my right cornering light's are not working; and after testing them out it seems that both sides are not working and ony the Bi-xenon's, foglights work without the cornering feature.

So how is it to get the issue resolved? Is it just replacing bulbs and activating it via the dealership?

thank you in advance,

mohammed.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:23 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Hello, I recently got a message popped up in the small screen next to the gauges indicating my right cornering light's are not working; and after testing them out it seems that both sides are not working and ony the Bi-xenon's, foglights work without the cornering feature.

So how is it to get the issue resolved? Is it just replacing bulbs and activating it via the dealership?

thank you in advance,

mohammed.
If the message was for the right side, the right bulb is bad. The 2 work together, if one goes down they both go down. So yes, essentially it is just replacing a bulb, but these can be pricey. Should be taken care of under warranty while you wait.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:20 PM
BSM
BSM is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by porschespeeddem
If the message was for the right side, the right bulb is bad. The 2 work together, if one goes down they both go down. So yes, essentially it is just replacing a bulb, but these can be pricey. Should be taken care of under warranty while you wait.
I have this problem as well, happened couple weeks ago... but mine indicated is just the right side cornering light (visually checked, and this is the case, left side is fine). I haven't referenced the manual yet to see if is an easy replacement, or requires dealer to do the work... any sense if this is a quick DIY?

Old 10-11-2007, 08:23 PM
955TRBO is on a distinguished road
Had a similar issue & called the tech at the Porsche dealer & he said the bulbs rarely go bad & it is usually the contact with the bulb. He instructed me to remove the bulb and sand the contact area lightly and clean & he was right it fixed my problem.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:26 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 955TRBO
Had a similar issue & called the tech at the Porsche dealer & he said the bulbs rarely go bad & it is usually the contact with the bulb. He instructed me to remove the bulb and sand the contact area lightly and clean & he was right it fixed my problem.
This is frequently the case with the turn signal bulb, but I believe the original poster is talking about the conrnering bulb. The one that lights up when the wheel is turned. It's not a bad DIY, but it takes some long needle nose pliers and some patience. It is the bulb with the small white wire, about 3in long attahced to it. Pull the brown wire connector off, then open up the bulb cage, pull the bulb out, unplug the white wire it is attahced to, reverse procedure to install, as usual with any bulbs such as these do not touch the bulb part, use the pliers on the metal backing to set it down in place and close the cage. snap the brown wire plug in back on, and plug bulb in.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:34 PM
BSM
BSM is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by porschespeeddem
This is frequently the case with the turn signal bulb, but I believe the original poster is talking about the conrnering bulb. The one that lights up when the wheel is turned. It's not a bad DIY, but it takes some long needle nose pliers and some patience. It is the bulb with the small white wire, about 3in long attahced to it. Pull the brown wire connector off, then open up the bulb cage, pull the bulb out, unplug the white wire it is attahced to, reverse procedure to install, as usual with any bulbs such as these do not touch the bulb part, use the pliers on the metal backing to set it down in place and close the cage. snap the brown wire plug in back on, and plug bulb in.
Yes, correct - we're both referencing the cornering bulb (not the turn signal bulb). I will try your proceedure... any sense on where to find a replacement online? Sorry to be lazy here, but sounds like you know the drill. Thanks!

Old 10-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by BSM
Yes, correct - we're both referencing the cornering bulb (not the turn signal bulb). I will try your proceedure... any sense on where to find a replacement online? Sorry to be lazy here, but sounds like you know the drill. Thanks!
I have done several of these, and not exactly sure the H-number of the bulb, but I believe it is an H-3, part number 900-631-126-90.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:46 PM
955TRBO is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the correction guys, hey atleast I know what to look out for now on the cornering light fix.........Thanks

Old 10-12-2007, 01:42 AM
Eurorus is on a distinguished road
Hello!

I had same message a week ago, just changed bulb and thats all!

Old 10-12-2007, 01:56 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Thank you folk's for the quick response, I am glad it just an easy thing to get. Though I am afraid to say my warranty ended 9 days ago.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:40 PM
jackspratt is on a distinguished road
Cornering light not working after replacement either

I had the same problem but with the driver side cornering bulb not working. I replaced the bulb but the other bulb seemed ok when I took it out. After putting in the new bulb. For some reason I still got the warning when starting up. What else could be wrong here guys. Anyone have a remedy for that? What could I check next or do.
Thanks in advance

Old 05-21-2013, 04:40 AM
henry54 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by porschespeeddemon
In USA Porsche dealer sells them for $ 30.00, you can get them at Discount AutoParts for $ 7.99!!!

Old 05-21-2013, 06:40 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
changed the bulb 7.99 at parts store. 29.95 if you go to porsche dealership. 10 minutes to change.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
I believe the bulb is an h7, the information for bulbs is located in your owners manual. I find that these DO go bad often. If you turn the wheel slowly you will see that the illumination is progressive as you turn the wheel. Meaning that it is not just an on/off scenario. The bulb stays dimly lit and then gets increasingly brighter as you turn the wheel. Super easy fix, and yes, if one is burnt out neither will work.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:26 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
MAN...this is BS!

Just as soon as I read this thread, and what do I get? A fking 'check right cornering light' warning!!
WTF, will you stop posting issues on here? It is causing my car to read my mind or something and tests me.

I know some say it is H7, but in fact service manual calls for H3 bulb. Easy to replace. Use access hole in hood to unlock headlight, pull it out, open access cover, remove the H3 bulb, replace with new one, and you are done.
I just checked mine (right = passenger, right?). Pulled headlight out, cleaned connections, but still getting the error. Tomorrow will check the left side just in case, and will have to likely get me a pair of the H3 bulbs.

Good thing it is easy to do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cornering lights not working