Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Problem with Keyless Entry system, Please Help..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 12:15 AM
PANOS is on a distinguished road
Problem with Keyless Entry system, Please Help..

Hi to all.
Suddenly the system Keyless Entry & Drive stopped it functions. Exist some does way to restore in the operation alone??
This happen rather at the duration of washing and having the key in the pocket. It opened and close enough times.
I have the 2004 CS.
Thanks...

Old 01-24-2008, 12:51 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Did you check the battery in the key?

Old 01-24-2008, 01:14 AM
fastoc996twint is on a distinguished road
similar problem... no suggestions as of yet.. aside from having porsche re program it for $400.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:25 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
probably need new electronic guts and reprogram of it at dealer if u already change the battery

Old 01-24-2008, 01:45 AM
PANOS is on a distinguished road
The battery is almost new. The key buttons regularly work ok. The same thing happens with the second key.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:05 PM
nunez has a spectacular aura aboutnunez has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PANOS
The battery is almost new. The key buttons regularly work ok. The same thing happens with the second key.
I've had this happen to me with my 997TT. Taken them to the dealer, they fixed it, then it happened after a week again. Buttons will not work and the battery is fine. Very weird.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:34 PM
NeverFastEnough is on a distinguished road
It seems that the Keyless Entry and Drive has some issues. My CTT has it and it generally has a mind of it's own. It seems that unless you use it all the time (ie. do not use the buttons on the remote, but use solely the buttons and sensors on the door handle) the "brains" of the locking mechanism gets confused, and then nothing works right.

When "specing out" my GTS, I opted NOT to have it installed...too glitchy.

Last edited by NeverFastEnough; 01-24-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:54 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Knock on wood, I've never had a problem with mine, in my opinion its a must have option.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:26 AM
TestnDoc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kevin M
Knock on wood, I've never had a problem with mine, in my opinion its a must have option.
I second that big time. The only car I have without it, is my turbo, and that is only because it is not an option.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:35 AM
fastoc996twint is on a distinguished road
mine went out when i changed my battery..... stopped working ever since.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:20 PM
otoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud of
Bringing back an old thread. Today Key 1 on my 07 TT stopped working. Key 2 works fine. Car was not in sleep mode, just stopped working. Questions I would like to have answered if possible; If you take out the battery from the fob does that mean the key needs to be programmed before it will work again? Is this issue something that is covered under Porsche CPO? What have people paid for their key replacement if that was the last option for you?

I have seen prices range from 45-400 dollars (rennlist posts and others) this is a large spread and I like to keep my money in my pocket if at all possible.

Thanks for the help,
otoppero/Chris

Old 06-20-2012, 08:32 PM
CSnyde01 is on a distinguished road
Chris-I just picked up my Cayenne from the dealer and had a similar issue. Although mine wasn't just the remote, it was also the rear alarm assembly. Everything was covered under warranty, and I got 2 brand new remotes.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:34 AM
tresean1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CSnyde01
Chris-I just picked up my Cayenne from the dealer and had a similar issue. Although mine wasn't just the remote, it was also the rear alarm assembly. Everything was covered under warranty, and I got 2 brand new remotes.
I am thinking of buying a pre-owned Cayenne and really want this option. Did this happen on a 957 model or 958?