Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

I guess I'm a prick now

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Firesun_2001 is on a distinguished road
Sometimes being at the wrong place at the wrong time would best equates to what happens to a person.
Then there are being at the right place at the right time to have something good happen to that person.

I am not sure if it has to do with the location on where your driving at, but i think if your in a pretty wealthy community, chances of this happening is less.

Anyways, I still drive around with cautious and don't really take my car out to Hollywood/ LA downtown. I just drive my SUV so i don't have to worry so much.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:14 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
I guess it seems to just go with the terriotory. If this keeps up though I'm just going to start driving like the *** they already assume me to be! J/K...sort of.

I'm pretty impressed by just how young alot of you guys (and gals) are. I was still in diapers at 21 and here you guys have brand new Porsches. I'm 35 and it took me a few years to work off the $235,000 in student loans I accumulated over the 8 years of school. Gotta love America.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:23 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
[quote=Nico;1965310]You wanna see some crazy stuff? Drive a civic for a week, look around - look at everyone and just experiment.... drive how you normally would, react the same way you would react to cars, just do your own thing.

Then hop in your cayenne and do the same routine. You would be amazed of how people look at you, don't let you pass, cut you off, etc etc.
It's a whole different ballpark.

quote]

I have an 07 Civic si sitting right next to 997tt and my 08 M3 . I get equal treatment on the road and it can vary from friendly looks or a thumbs up to a frown . I don't get called names but I drive courteous in congested traffic .
I just find that no matter what car I am driving I observe that specific vehicles tend to deliver different levels of coutesy with pickup trucks (m,any of which are expensive) generally posing the highest incidence of challenges .

Of course parking the car is a different story . The main reason why i have the Civic is because I wanted a car that i can take to the movies, supermaket or mall and not have to worry about theives, vandals, dings in my absence.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by yrralis1

I have an 07 Civic si sitting right next to 997tt and my 08 M3 . I get equal treatment on the road and it can vary from friendly looks or a thumbs up to a frown . I don't get called names but I drive courteous in congested traffic .
I just find that no matter what car I am driving I observe that specific vehicles tend to deliver different levels of coutesy with pickup trucks (m,any of which are expensive) generally posing the highest incidence of challenges .

Of course parking the car is a different story . The main reason why i have the Civic is because I wanted a car that i can take to the movies, supermaket or mall and not have to worry about theives, vandals, dings in my absence.
wish i can be in your shoes

Old 07-25-2008, 09:12 AM
ChitownCS08 is on a distinguished road
I hear u on that one buddy

Originally Posted by mlc.design
Bro i hear you i was 17 when i got my Cayenne how do u think high school was for me

lol everyday something new man....its one word

JEALOUSY ?

also seattle 996 is right too people have been wierd n nasty everywhere even in NJ but nothing new there haha
not to be the spoiled brat in the bunch...but im 17 and do drive my 08 CS to school everyday...i get alot of looks both good and bad but the fact that im captain of the football team and 6'5 275 lbs, most people know EXACTLY what would happen if they were to ever lay a finger on her. jealousy is a ***** no doubt about that...but then again...so is karma

Old 07-25-2008, 10:44 AM
canberk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ChitownCS08
not to be the spoiled brat in the bunch...but im 17 and do drive my 08 CS to school everyday...i get alot of looks both good and bad but the fact that im captain of the football team and 6'5 275 lbs, most people know EXACTLY what would happen if they were to ever lay a finger on her. jealousy is a ***** no doubt about that...but then again...so is karma
haha, i loved the way you treat the bastards

Old 07-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Susoa is on a distinguished road
Anyone have the issue with slower drivers in the LF lane on the highway not getting out of the way? When I had my M3 it seemed like people would get out of the way (when I was coming up on them) more than with the GTS. Now I get stuck behind some slow F.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:41 PM
cobalt94T is on a distinguished road
It seems to be the signs of the time. People have gotten very bitter in the past few years. The average driver has a bad attitude and feel it is OK to do whatever they want and cutting people off is part of it. Cutting over 4 lanes to sit in the fast lane at 50mph is not uncommon. The same people have no issue with driving up the shoulder in traffic or making a right from the left turn only lane. Half of them talking on the cell while doing it.

I have never had anyone call me names for just driving a Porsche, they had cause if they did and it has not happened often. I have always had issues with someone trying to race me no matter what model I am driving. The turbo's get more of this than any model. For some reason people use turbo Porsche's as a benchmark for speed and when they pass you at 90 in the right lane they think they are winning a race. If they really knew what would happen if you pushed it to the floor up through the gears they would realize they don't have a chance most of the time.

You may find if you are getting more and more people calling you names you may want to reevaluate what you are doing. Maybe they have cause for calling out to you. Although I push all my cars hard I rarely find people become angry unless I cut it closer than I should.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by cobalt94T
It seems to be the signs of the time. People have gotten very bitter in the past few years. The average driver has a bad attitude and feel it is OK to do whatever they want and cutting people off is part of it. Cutting over 4 lanes to sit in the fast lane at 50mph is not uncommon. The same people have no issue with driving up the shoulder in traffic or making a right from the left turn only lane. Half of them talking on the cell while doing it.
Aside from driving in the left lane at 50mph.., this sounds like Europe above. The drivers are radical in certain parts. I was in Serbia this year, and a bit in Frankfurt. Let me tell you, I about **** myself every year I go there.

You talk about road rage here in the states, its nothing compared to over there. The funny thing though is that the road rage is temporarily directed at someone but then quickly forgotten about. Its common for people to drive like *******s. All you do is flip them off.. honk, and their rage just moves off one subject on to another. Its normal, but I'm completely white knuckled throughout most of the car ride. Greece last year was insane, people were passing on pedestrian sidewalks at speeds over 35mph.

Maybe.. just maybe we have become too sensitive over here regarding driving. I don't know.. And yeah, the left lane drives me up the wall. I try tailgating a bit, but its just easier to pass them in the carpool lane.

I rarely ever get dirty looks when I drive. But I do get stared at a lot, inside and out of the car. I'm just too sexy though, it comes with the territory. Im humble about it, sometimes I smile back.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
maybe they just like it when you where your sunglasses when it's cloudy. Just tell them you're that cool, that you have to wear shades all the time.
Then give them a thumbs up and move on.

I mainly get the thumbs up and nice car 90% of the time when mostly city driving, but here in CO, there are tons of idiot drivers and when I head onto the freeway, watch out.

Mostly I just drive fast, not irrational and idiotic like most I feel.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:47 AM
CaptPegLeg is on a distinguished road
I'm thinking that most folks that drive overly aggressively (in my eyes) don't see themselves as the sinners that other people think they are. They probably think that the 20 foot separation between my car and the one in front of me is a spot I've been saving just for them and their 18 foot car. Don't get me wrong, I sometimes squeeze in if there is someone in the passing lane that persists in staying there and holding up faster traffic. But if traffic in general is going at the same pace and some dick jams his butt in front of me in a space that is unsafe, it just doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling for him.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
Over the past few years I've been driving around in my modified Cadillac CTS-V. The thing was loud and I drove quite aggressively quite often. I got compliments on the car all the time from people both young and old. I never got anyone telling me I was a jerk or a ***** or an a-hole.

Now, I've had the CTT for about six weeks now and I've had three people do some rude crap to me. I drive this thing like a normal truck most of the time. I was waaaaay more crazy in the Caddy. Just today I was making a completely legal left turn where a white van was sitting and waiting to turn himself. As I'm going by the van I can here the guy call me an a-hole and then he drove off. Last week I had a guy flip me off as I sat at a light and he was turning right. What the hell, I was just sitting there waiting for the damn light! I am absolutely positive I had done NOTHING to deserve either of these insults. I'm sort of young-looking and I'm driving a Porsche is my only thought. Any similar experiences?

The kicker is that many of these guys driving new Lexi, MBs, BMWs, Escalades and the gigantic trucks paid as much or more than I did for my CTT.
the world doesn't revolve around you. no one cares so don't take it personally.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:14 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
the world doesn't revolve around you. no one cares so don't take it personally.

Well apparently someone did care enough to call me an a-hole. Why wouldn't I take that personally? I didn't ask for nor did I deserve the attention the guy gave me. Your post does nothing for this conversation except try to paint me as someone who tools around in my Porsche trying to get people to look at me. While I admit to thinking the CTT looks better than alot of vehicles I didn't buy it to pick up chicks or show other guys I'm better than them. Don't go there because that isn't the point of this thread.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:35 PM
LAbull is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
Well apparently someone did care enough to call me an a-hole. Why wouldn't I take that personally? I didn't ask for nor did I deserve the attention the guy gave me. Your post does nothing for this conversation except try to paint me as someone who tools around in my Porsche trying to get people to look at me. While I admit to thinking the CTT looks better than alot of vehicles I didn't buy it to pick up chicks or show other guys I'm better than them. Don't go there because that isn't the point of this thread.
+1. My thoughts exactly.

Except the GTS looks better then ALL vehicles and I don't mind if chicks feel like they are getting hit on by me and I am better then everyone
esp Chuck and Jace.

Last edited by LAbull; 07-29-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:44 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
sorry to hear about the crabby people out there. i, too am in seattle. i've not experienced the same thing that you have though. i've actually had the opposite in both the boxster and the 996. but then again, ours are 986's and 996's. not TT's. or, it may be that i'm a girl driving. maybe it's my pink calipers. haha!

either way...i think it's the same people that are crabby and yelling things at you that would be of the mentality to key scratch nice cars for no reason. they are probably unhappy with life in general, have black cloud hanging over them....or like bojan (seattle996) said.....STARBUCKS! =D

be proud of your accomplishments and as long as you know you're not doing anything wrong.....then don't worry. they are probably that way towards everyone/everything.

ps bojan...do you play the "i'm too sexy for my car" song while you're driving?? wink*

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I guess I'm a prick now