Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

I guess I'm a prick now

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 06:17 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
I guess I'm a ***** now

Over the past few years I've been driving around in my modified Cadillac CTS-V. The thing was loud and I drove quite aggressively quite often. I got compliments on the car all the time from people both young and old. I never got anyone telling me I was a jerk or a ***** or an a-hole.

Now, I've had the CTT for about six weeks now and I've had three people do some rude crap to me. I drive this thing like a normal truck most of the time. I was waaaaay more crazy in the Caddy. Just today I was making a completely legal left turn where a white van was sitting and waiting to turn himself. As I'm going by the van I can here the guy call me an a-hole and then he drove off. Last week I had a guy flip me off as I sat at a light and he was turning right. What the hell, I was just sitting there waiting for the damn light! I am absolutely positive I had done NOTHING to deserve either of these insults. I'm sort of young-looking and I'm driving a Porsche is my only thought. Any similar experiences?

The kicker is that many of these guys driving new Lexi, MBs, BMWs, Escalades and the gigantic trucks paid as much or more than I did for my CTT.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:35 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
The kicker is that many of these guys driving new Lexi, MBs, BMWs, Escalades and the gigantic trucks paid as much or more than I did for my CTT.

they dont know that.. all they know is the CTT is 100K+ car..LOL

Old 07-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I'm 30 and I work my *** off for what I have so if anyone has something to say, it's just because they are probably pissed bc I have something they won't and they are almost 50. The norm for me is I get an a-ok or several thumbs up. Never anything rude yet....

Last edited by Jace; 07-23-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:08 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I think it's a Porsche thing and your post actually shed an interesting perspective . I am on my 8th Porsche (997tt) and I never thought I would read this about a CTT .

I have observed that many SUV's and Trucks drive aggresively. I thought to myself are trying to prove something as they jump in front of the Porsche . Oddly --I have NEVER been cut off by a Cayenne . The worst cuplrits are pickup trucks and many of these large vehicles are expensive .

Some folks have money but they have no class . They lack the capacity to be humble .
It's all about I , I, I and me. me . me (distorted self edification) where their emotional maturity seems to mismatch whatever financial success they have attained .Buying the big bling Escalade and cutting Porsches off in traffic certainly sounds like a need for attention and an ego stroke for a very insercure person.

But yes -in years of driving 911 cars beginning as a young man and now a young 50 (lol) I can relate .

Last edited by yrralis1; 07-23-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I'm lucky to most of the times get a nice thumbs up and nice car. Most looks with the Porsche but still plenty "nice car" with the M5.
Where I south florida? I lived in coral springs for 17 years.

Last edited by Jace; 07-23-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
As another Seattle Cayenne owner.. I don't think it has to do so much with the car. People lately have just been pissy!

I don't know what it is.., but everyone around here seems moody lately. Could be that some of their local Starbucks are shutting down, not enough caffeine in the morning! This economy is wearing on everyone!!

Good choice in car though.. CTT is a great SUV. How you like the $100 gas fill ups every 3 days or so.. WoW.. hahahaha

Old 07-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Seattle996
Good choice in car though.. CTT is a great SUV. How you like the $100 gas fill ups every 3 days or so.. WoW.. hahahaha
i wish it was that low, mine is about $130 every 3 days .

i haven't had anyone be a dick to me yet for no reason, and really have never had that problem before.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:38 PM
Cannoli is on a distinguished road
Well, if you didn't use your turn signal (indicator) when making that left turn while I was waiting for traffic to clear (you in this case) so I could make a left turn too, I'd call you a ***** too and surely would have honked my horn at you, give you the salute, curse you, and then I'd throw a dozen cannolis at you.

Now be honest with us ... did you use your turn indicator?

Old 07-23-2008, 11:44 PM
mlc.design is on a distinguished road
Bro i hear you i was 17 when i got my Cayenne how do u think high school was for me

lol everyday something new man....its one word

JEALOUSY ?

also seattle 996 is right too people have been wierd n nasty everywhere even in NJ but nothing new there haha

Old 07-24-2008, 12:43 AM
Vantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud of
I think a lot of people are just frustrated. With their life/jobs/situation you name it, so they take it out on someone/something. Sure as driving expensive cars we may feel the heat a little more, but even when driving a normal beater I see a lot of people exchanging the same gestures/comments so it's not exclusively a jealousy thing.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:52 AM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
You wanna see some crazy stuff? Drive a civic for a week, look around - look at everyone and just experiment.... drive how you normally would, react the same way you would react to cars, just do your own thing.

Then hop in your cayenne and do the same routine. You would be amazed of how people look at you, don't let you pass, cut you off, etc etc.
It's a whole different ballpark.

It's all jealousy my friend. I'm young too and drive a 997tt (which I am very thankful for); I do not drive like a **** whatsoever and when I do I KNOW I am. I don't even drive fast at all but I'm not saying I drive like a granny. I use my signal lights all the time, give way to people, and obey all the traffic signs as much as I can.

People still yell stuff, give you dirty looks, and do all this stuff. I am ready to get my windows limo tinted. There's always going to be jealous people in this world and sometimes it just disgusts me. It even gets to people trying to pick fights and take it to a personal level. I'll admit, I'm not a big guy so the more people feel that they could intimidate me more.

Last edited by Nico; 07-24-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:57 AM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Seattle996
As another Seattle Cayenne owner.. I don't think it has to do so much with the car. People lately have just been pissy!

I don't know what it is.., but everyone around here seems moody lately. Could be that some of their local Starbucks are shutting down, not enough caffeine in the morning! This economy is wearing on everyone!!
Yup.... can't forget about the gas prices also

Old 07-24-2008, 03:37 AM
canberk will become famous soon enough
When I first bought my Cayenne S, even my close friends were jealous of me and after buying the Granturismo, I was left with one or two real friends.

Funny thing is, 2 months ago, when I was waiting for the traffic light, a bastard spit on my Cayenne, for no reason. I got out of the car, and he started to run away. Why?? Get rich or die trying. I'm 21 by the way.. ... So what? I earned all these, worked hard, still working 12hrs/day to make some money.

Last edited by canberk; 07-24-2008 at 04:08 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:52 AM
GTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jace
I'm 30 and I work my *** off for what I have so if anyone has something to say, it's just because they are probably pissed bc I have something they won't and they are almost 50. The norm for me is I get an a-ok or several thumbs up. Never anything rude yet....

I just turn 30 myself last month and I know what you're going through. I've had a lot of haters out there really judging me by the cover.

Some people say I had rich parents (I actually don't, I"m adopted, and my adopted parents, I barely know them either), inheritance (I wish sometimes), or some people just are D*CKS in general. I worked hard for every penny I've earned.

But that is the beauty of life, because at the end of the day all it matter is if you are happy.

All you have to do is take it as a compliment and move on to the next compliment. I've been through it to the point where it involved attorneys.

Some people just never learn.....

Old 07-24-2008, 07:30 AM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Funny you should post this - just yesterday my wife was singled out for a ticket when she was in the middle of a pack of cars. She was in an area with a 4-way stop, middle of a group of cars traveling the same direction, and she just barely didn't come to a complete stop before turning right. The cars in front and behind her did the same thing yet the policeman went out of his way to pass the cars behind her to pull her over. Then he treated it like a felony stop, approached the car with his hand on his gun, made her put all the windows down only to see a female with her 8 month old baby.

Now, she should have come to a complete stop so she totally deserves the ticket but it is interesting how he picked out the murdered out Porsche as the one to pull over. And she asked him why he singled her out when everyone else did the exact same thing - he had no answer. Maybe because the car represents four times his annual salary.

Oh well, she said she will count to three at every stop sign now so lesson learned.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I guess I'm a prick now