Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

V1 Stealth Installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 09:36 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
V1 Stealth Installation

Hey Guys,
I decided to rid myself of the V1 coil cord and make a more stealthy installation. So, I ordered the Valentine One Remote unit and hard wire kit.
Once it arrived, I got to work.

I removed the lower section of the dashboard under the steering column and the aluminum trim strip to the right of the steering column. I used a Dremel tool and cut a rectangular opening behind the trim strip to accept the remote unit and cut the aluminum trim strip to fit. The wiring is now direct to the fuse box on the left dashboard end cap.
All in all, I like the look of it. I can just see the arrows from behind the wheel and that makes me very happy. As well, when you walk up to the driver's window and peer inside, as a police officer would, you cannot see the unit as it is obscured by the steering column!
If I ever want to return it to stock, I simply need to replace the trim strip with a new piece (probably $15).

The V1 resides to the right of my rear view mirror with a view out the front and rear as it should.

Here is a photo of the final installation.....

Old 03-01-2009, 10:11 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
nice work, but is it really worth it? I have mine hardwired to fusebox and it is just over the driver sunshade. Can't really see it while driving, also it's a handy location to mute the alarms. Officers still don't see it when they pull you over because it is not in their line of sight.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:40 PM
w3ua is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KPV
All in all, I like the look of it. I can just see the arrows from behind the wheel and that makes me very happy. As well, when you walk up to the driver's window and peer inside, as a police officer would, you cannot see the unit as it is obscured by the steering column!

<snip>.....
In my Cayenne the steering wheel completely obscures that place -- I need to move the head a few inches to the right to see that place... and it beats the purpose, since being clocked you need to act FAST... Does your Cayenne have a smaller steering wheel, or what?

I just took a delivery of a new GTS, and ready to install the remote head, along with he switch for the LI jammer... The best place I found so far is the left corner of the dashboard, next to the air outlet... Most likely I will ask my installer to build a small cabinet for both, and mount it there. In this case I would not need to move the head to see where is the enemy, and how many of them are out there, and the arrows will be at the instruments level, which is good. However, I am open to other suggestions.