Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

How does your 04-07 Cayenne ride?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 05:35 PM
kyeguy82 will become famous soon enough
How does your 04-07 Cayenne ride?

I just got a 05 Cayenne S. I love all that power, but I do not like how the car rides EXTREMELY rough. I also have a 08 Touareg (on o.e. steel suspension) and that is really smooth, drives like a comfortable sedan. Is the suspension/drivability of the 04-07 Cayenne's supposed to be this "rough"?

Old 03-08-2009, 09:07 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Join the club. That's pretty much the ride with the s - Very firm. If you go bigger then 20" rims - check your fillings at the door.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:16 AM
katheikia is on a distinguished road
Doesn't sound correct to me. My 05 CS rides a little to plush for me. Maybe your CS has some aftermarket suspension parts? Or it might be your tire pressure is too high.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:11 AM
christx997 will become famous soon enough
maybe its time to replace the shocks.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:31 AM
yeah, i'm takin the car in for a full diagnostic. but from how i remember it, since the day my father bought it brand new, it was always pretty stiff. i'm almost hesitant on slapping on a set of 22's now. i've always been a fan of the larger tire setups, but i have a set of 22" Champion Motorsportsr RG5B wheels coming in soon. will adding 22's to the cayenne just kill the everyday driving for me? i mean, i live in la, the roads are pretty decent where i drive.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:40 PM
twist-a-grip will become famous soon enoughtwist-a-grip will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by katheikia
doesn't sound correct to me. My 05 cs rides a little to plush for me. Maybe your cs has some aftermarket suspension parts? Or it might be your tire pressure is too high.

+1...

Old 03-09-2009, 01:41 PM
twist-a-grip will become famous soon enoughtwist-a-grip will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by twist-a-grip
+1...
+1...

Old 03-09-2009, 01:41 PM
+1...
+1...

Old 03-09-2009, 01:42 PM
+1...
+1...trying to get to 15 posts so I can finally PM - sorry

Old 03-09-2009, 01:43 PM

Old 03-09-2009, 01:49 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Just a quick note on my earlier comment - Highway - Nice and smooth. Around town, fine on good roads. Bumpy roads or anything that has a pattern to it (like concrete seams), you're gonna feel it.
If other with non-air suspension disagree, then you and I are the only ones with sensitive bottoms. As my Cs is practically new, and as i drove at least 5 others before I bought mine, I would say that you would be chasing a ghost on this one (assuming the shocks and tires check out).

Old 03-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
Just a quick note on my earlier comment - Highway - Nice and smooth. Around town, fine on good roads. Bumpy roads or anything that has a pattern to it (like concrete seams), you're gonna feel it.
If other with non-air suspension disagree, then you and I are the only ones with sensitive bottoms. As my Cs is practically new, and as i drove at least 5 others before I bought mine, I would say that you would be chasing a ghost on this one (assuming the shocks and tires check out).
i completely agree with you. i've driven all types of cars, even race cars. the suspension in the early model cayenne is not very friendly on anything thats not flat. the suspension is definitely NOT PLUSH!

Old 03-09-2009, 02:59 PM
lovethesport is on a distinguished road
cayenne ride

+1...
+1 ---rides plush for an suv

Last edited by lovethesport; 03-09-2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 03-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Mine rides like a dream in Comfort Mode. I also have new sneakers,i'm sure that helps.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:24 PM
wilfred is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kyeguy82
I just got a 05 Cayenne S. I love all that power, but I do not like how the car rides EXTREMELY rough. I also have a 08 Touareg (on o.e. steel suspension) and that is really smooth, drives like a comfortable sedan. Is the suspension/drivability of the 04-07 Cayenne's supposed to be this "rough"?
Sounds to me you do not have air suspension on your Cayenne? If so, it can get bumpy. I have a 06 **** with 19" no PASM, I do regret not getting one with it. What size rims do you have on the Cayenne and the Touareg? Although the two look like they have same suspension (based on pics I have seen on web), I would bet a beer the Cayenne have much stiffer springs. I have driven few Touaregs and they drive pretty sloppy. So yes, putting bigger rims than whatever you have now will only make it worse.

Last edited by wilfred; 03-09-2009 at 04:28 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How does your 04-07 Cayenne ride?