Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Porsche radio/nav (pcm 2.1) faulty screen replacement tutorial video - how to

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Josh_k_84 is on a distinguished road
Hi, I am just curious if when your screen began to fail it looked like this

Attached Images     
Old 10-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Speed Freak is on a distinguished road
Mine just went dark! It occasionally comes on for a day and then gone.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:36 PM
JBONDOx is on a distinguished road
Wow, that is whacked

Old 10-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Speed Freak is on a distinguished road
I changed my screen. So, apparently it's something else. I saw somewhere in the forum that the soldering on some board is detached. Mine actually quit for about a year then came on perfectly one day when I charged the dead battery!

Old 10-30-2012, 08:11 AM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
I don't own a Pepper. I have other P cars and have been considering these misunderstood beasts. It has been THIS particular website and wonderful posts like this one that is leaning me towards on of these. I must say it is a delight to see that the hands on enthusiasts exist on this part of the spectrum also.

GREAT JOB and thanks for your contribution to PP owners everywhere [PP= Porsche Pepper]. I suspect this guide might be helpful to rear and mid engined owners also!

Best regards,
JR

Old 10-30-2012, 03:57 PM
twilight is on a distinguished road
If anyone is interested, drop me a note, I have a PCM 2.1 (DVD based), that I took out of my 2005. It works perfectly - upgraded to a Pioneer unit. Can send power it up if you want and send post a video. Takes a few minutes to swap out...also have the Bose Amp, DVD Player and Navigation DVD.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:51 AM
996_newbie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by twilight
If anyone is interested, drop me a note, I have a PCM 2.1 (DVD based), that I took out of my 2005. It works perfectly - upgraded to a Pioneer unit. Can send power it up if you want and send post a video. Takes a few minutes to swap out...also have the Bose Amp, DVD Player and Navigation DVD.
I am interested in your unit. Mine works perfectly. It just has lots of scratches on the screen. How does your screen look? How much do you want for it? PM details if you want. Thanks.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
aaron9918 is on a distinguished road
Its really helpful!! thx

Old 11-04-2012, 08:49 PM
aaron9918 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by twilight
Interested in ur unit. PM the price and more details!

Old 03-28-2013, 05:17 AM
29giovi is on a distinguished road
DEAR roxboxxx

Thanks from Italy. I was into the same problem with my parent's Cayenne (year 2004).

Solutions:

1) Porsche Dealer in Italy: 1600 Euro. (they wanted to substitute all PCM with a new one)
2) Electronic Shop for Car: 650 Euro. (they took the PCM and change the monitor)
3) MY HANDS solution, buy a screen in Ebay and change it following your instruction: 300 Euro (including shipping cost from California to Italy).

I FOLLOWED YOUR PHOTOS (and made photos too) and ALL WAS REALLY PERFECT))

Here in my blog photos of my Job.
http://giovannicev.blogspot.it/

THANK YOU AGAIN for your BLOG and your HELP))

Old 07-04-2013, 03:58 PM
ZTHER is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
PORSCHE PCM 2.1 SCREEN REPLACEMENT TUTORIAL
------------------------------------------------------------

My PCM screen started failing a year ago and it finally failed 2 weeks ago. The symptoms were a screen that would go white and then display video artifacts. When I pushed on the lower half of the screen, it would occasionally return to normal or at least to a state of legibility. Outside of the screen issue, all other functions of the radio, CD, CD changer, NAV all worked. Thanks to another member her pointing me towards an ebay seller, I was able to purchase just a new screen for $400 shipped instead of the $2400 the dealer wanted (not including install). The job is not that difficult. Having the guts to pull apart your $2400 stereo is a different story

INFO:

LINK TO THE EBAY DEALER (Excellent seller): http://stores.ebay.com/Worldwide-Sou...34Q2ec0Q2em322

LINK TO MY FULL DISMANTLE PICTURES:http://s412.photobucket.com/albums/p...view=slideshow

VIDEO TUTORIAL OF THE RE-ASSEMBLY:

PART 1 REASSEMBLY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A93lzls295c
Same exact issue just started in my 2005 Cayenne S.

Going to give it a shot - thanks for a great DIY post

Old 07-11-2013, 10:50 AM
martinwroom is on a distinguished road
I signed up here just to say thank you for the guide, pictures and stuff.

I did the repair yesterday. took me an hour from start to end, and it works perfect. My alternative was to spend $4k on a new unit or sell the car at a substantially lower price. This ended up costing me a lot less. $325 for the screen and a $8 toolkit with the various sizes of torx bits needed (only two sizes needed).

One note on the guide.
On picture 36 to 40 you point to a screew that is really hard to get out. This one does not need to be taken out until later in the proccess where you open up the unit.
The screew does not need to go out until you take the front panel of (after step 53).

THANK you for this guide. Saved me a bunch of money. and the new screen is a lot better. contrast and brightness rocks.

Martin

Old 07-11-2013, 11:13 AM
eVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant future
After putting an aftermarket system in, I wish I had gone this route. Great information.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:41 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Wow - This thread is still getting traction all these years later. I am honored! BTW - my screen is still going strong - no issues !

Old 11-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Banned
yaligolan is on a distinguished road
screen replacement

please help ...i have a 2007 997 turbo with same screen problem... i want to order the replacement screen from the site u recommended but which part number from that site should i be ordering????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Porsche radio/nav (pcm 2.1) faulty screen replacement tutorial video - how to