Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Porsche radio/nav (pcm 2.1) faulty screen replacement tutorial video - how to

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:39 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Porsche radio/nav (pcm 2.1) faulty screen replacement tutorial video - how to

PORSCHE PCM 2.1 SCREEN REPLACEMENT TUTORIAL
------------------------------------------------------------

My PCM screen started failing a year ago and it finally failed 2 weeks ago. The symptoms were a screen that would go white and then display video artifacts. When I pushed on the lower half of the screen, it would occasionally return to normal or at least to a state of legibility. Outside of the screen issue, all other functions of the radio, CD, CD changer, NAV all worked. Thanks to another member her pointing me towards an ebay seller, I was able to purchase just a new screen for $400 shipped instead of the $2400 the dealer wanted (not including install). The job is not that difficult. Having the guts to pull apart your $2400 stereo is a different story

INFO:

LINK TO THE EBAY DEALER (Excellent seller): http://stores.ebay.com/Worldwide-Sou...34Q2ec0Q2em322

LINK TO MY FULL DISMANTLE PICTURES:http://s412.photobucket.com/albums/p...view=slideshow

VIDEO TUTORIAL OF THE RE-ASSEMBLY:

PART 1 REASSEMBLY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A93lzls295c

Old 11-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Steve3ZX is on a distinguished road
Awesome! I'm definitely going to try this - can't wait to fix this damn thing!

Old 11-15-2009, 01:07 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Great DIY, I applaud you for taking the time to make the videos, good job!

Post this on renntech.org and rennlist, guys on the other boards don't always make it here.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:16 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Just posted it on renntech - Thanks for reminding me.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:34 PM
JBONDOx is on a distinguished road
$900 plus ship the old radio back, any Porsche dealer should be able to help you out. However $400 is still cheaper!

Old 10-27-2010, 09:03 PM
426h is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Thanks roxboxxx! Excellent tutorial. Actually just joined the board to say thanks.
Will try to change the screen on my pepper. Just talked to Jorge (the ebay seller) and he will order a new screen for me, says he will get it in 2 wks.
The stealer in my hometown (Stockholm, sweden) says you cant replace the screen and wants me to replace the whole PCM unit @ $6300 + labour.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Bumping this for Putter

Old 01-19-2011, 06:44 PM
simpleman325i is on a distinguished road
truly great post.. I have talked the dealer I bought my CTT from to pay half of a new PCM which I can get for $1650.00, but that still leaves me paying way more then i want.... my disk wont eject.. I noticed your e-bay guy sells the cd rom drives... $127.00 way cheaper

Old 01-19-2011, 07:33 PM
At that price it's hard not to take the shot. May the force be with you my friend!

Old 01-19-2011, 08:07 PM
PutterMcGavin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
Bumping this for Putter
Thanks buddy

Old 01-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Ok I would like to start by saying.... roxboxxx.... YOU ARE MY HERO! you just saved me $1700.00. I saw this post and ripped my PCM out cause cd was not ejecting. My CTT came from FL and i could tell the nav disk in there was for that region. Plus I was missing another disk. Watched your videos drank myself a drink and hit... Once I got it out of the car I noticed TWO disks in the CD-ROM with a little help of my wifes steady hands, I got them out. Put it all back together and slowly ops checked it. Hit eject first and sounded tons better... So i put a disk in... NAV loaded.. Hit eject and the disk came back out.. God bless the Pioneers who do these things before us to upload DIY and save us all money.... Thanks again!!

Old 01-28-2011, 07:01 PM
I have finally done well in this world - I can now ride off into the sunset never to be seen again !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4VO9DMfhL0

Last edited by roxboxxx; 01-28-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:34 PM
I have no words..... that was a great ending.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:54 AM
RomeNewYorkMiam is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Hi Genius! :-)

I've just registered to this site just to tell you how clever was your tutorial about the PCM replacement.
I am basically experiencing the same problem on my 2006 997/S. The screen, after some crazy "in and out" eventually got completely black, except two vertical red stripes barely visible on audio mode, and some sort of Brownish/Blue mixed up colors on the navigation mode! :-)
Do you think it's the faulty screen or any other graphic component?
If so, the PCM is a 2.1 version, the buttons are slightly different than the Cayenne, other than that, should I order the same exact Screen from the Ebay seller of your link?
Could you please help me to fix this very annoying issue?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Leo

Old 03-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks Man and welcome to 6speed! I am not sure if the screen is the same, but for sure email the ebay vendor and ask him if he has one for your 997. Having looked at pictures on ebay of 911 PCMs, the design cant be that dif so my videos probably are close enough for you to manage it. If you email the vendor today, you most likely will have an answer tomorrow (unless Carnival interferes).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Porsche radio/nav (pcm 2.1) faulty screen replacement tutorial video - how to