Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne software upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 09:09 AM
canberk will become famous soon enough
Cayenne software upgrade

Hello guys,

I just brought my vehicle in, and they told me that they are going to upgrade the vehicle software for some improvements and a major change in airbag handling..

Old 12-03-2009, 09:15 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by canberk
Hello guys,

I just brought my vehicle in, and they told me that they are going to upgrade the vehicle software for some improvements and a major change in airbag handling..
Just curious, if the vehical is with upgraded ECU tuning (evomsit for example) does the dealer software upgrade "erase" the performance software? and does it mean that a new tuner software is required to work with porsche software upgrades?

Old 12-03-2009, 11:35 AM
UnkownVertigo is on a distinguished road
APR Tuned...

Originally Posted by jyupitt1
Just curious, if the vehical is with upgraded ECU tuning (evomsit for example) does the dealer software upgrade "erase" the performance software? and does it mean that a new tuner software is required to work with porsche software upgrades?
I have the APR software on my 2005 Cayenne Turbo and it allows me to switch between 4 different programs using the cruise control stalk. One of the 4 programs is "stock". I was told that if I take my vehicle into the shop I should make sure to put the car in the stock setting so that any updates they apply only go to the stock program. I haven't had to do this yet so the tip is untested; however, the fact I was given this tip suggests that there is a chance that dealer updates could erase performance tuned ECU's.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:33 PM
OCNYPORSCHE has a spectacular aura aboutOCNYPORSCHE has a spectacular aura aboutOCNYPORSCHE has a spectacular aura about
Hello guys,

Please keep us updated. I am curious about the improvements, since I also have a 08 Cayenne S.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:44 AM
mtimmy415 is on a distinguished road
I too have APR software from the previous owner, but I didn't get any information on how to change it, can you tell me how it works by the cruise control stall?

Old 12-04-2009, 01:14 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
i got my car back, there is no difference at all. i think it was something minor..

Old 12-04-2009, 02:12 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
i got my car back, there is no difference at all. i think it was something minor..
I bet it had something to do with the air suspension. I have received the chassis failures that are fixed by turning off and on the car. and they have told me there is nothing wrong and now history of the error when checked... I have also seen others members complain about this issue. I bet it had something to do with this. Thus you would see no changes.