Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Magnaflow Mufflers are getting installed tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Polar993 has a spectacular aura aboutPolar993 has a spectacular aura about
Magnaflow Mufflers are getting installed tomorrow!

I'm still trying to achieve the perfect sounding exhaust on my '09 GTS, and I've decided to go the route some of the other people on this board have gone, so I'm replacing my stock mufflers with a pair of 14" Magnaflows. I'm hoping they will provide a nice deep throaty sound, especially paired with the Fabspeed Bypass Pipes I already have installed.

If the Magnaflows are too loud combined with the Bypass Pipes, I may decide to remove the Bypass Pipes and sell them here on the Board if anyone is interested (only 1,000 miles on them!).

I'll let you know how the install goes and I'll try to get some videos to capture the sound.

Wish me luck!

Old 01-28-2010, 10:13 PM
lumber will become famous soon enough
let us know how it sounds... i pulled my fabspeed pipes off after 2k miles as i wasnt happy with the "sloppy" exhaust note

Old 01-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Polar993 has a spectacular aura aboutPolar993 has a spectacular aura about
Do you still have the stock mufflers in your current setup?

I'm hoping that by replacing my stock mufflers, the raspy-ness will go away.

Originally Posted by lumber
let us know how it sounds... i pulled my fabspeed pipes off after 2k miles as i wasnt happy with the "sloppy" exhaust note

Old 01-29-2010, 04:17 PM
achun is on a distinguished road
Are you interested in selling your stock muffler? If so, pls PM me.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:39 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
any update on the sound? Looking for muffler for my soon to arrive GTS

Old 01-29-2010, 05:18 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
I just had this done one week ago. Magnaflow number 11226 4"x9" ovals, with offset in/out 2.5" in/out. I definitely enjoy the way it sounds, much better from the outside. Not tremendously different inside until you really get into the throttle/boost, then you can tell a difference. I also have secondary cat bypasses installed as well.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:37 PM
nlakind has a spectacular aura aboutnlakind has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by porschespeeddemon
I just had this done one week ago. Magnaflow number 11226 4"x9" ovals, with offset in/out 2.5" in/out. I definitely enjoy the way it sounds, much better from the outside. Not tremendously different inside until you really get into the throttle/boost, then you can tell a difference. I also have secondary cat bypasses installed as well.
do you have a pic(cell phone pic is fine!) of how the muffler/tips look from the rear? i'm looking for exhaust now..

Old 01-29-2010, 05:46 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nlakind
do you have a pic(cell phone pic is fine!) of how the muffler/tips look from the rear? i'm looking for exhaust now..
I don't right now but if you watch some of the exhaust vids on youtube you can see what it looks like. New Magnaflows weigh a bit less than stock muffler as well.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:38 PM
lumber will become famous soon enough
Do you still have the stock mufflers in your current setup?

I'm hoping that by replacing my stock mufflers, the raspy-ness will go away.
I still have the stock mufflers...I took off the fabspeed because of the exaust note, or lack of, at 2800-3300 rpm. It sounds terrible when the sound comes and goes.

With the stock system, ive noticed the same void, but its verry muffled.

Nobody that heard my gts with the fabspeed thought it sounded like it should...

Last edited by lumber; 01-30-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:31 AM
nlakind has a spectacular aura aboutnlakind has a spectacular aura about
so i looked up the part number for these mufflers..am i correct in finding them to be like $60 dollars, universal mufflers?