Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Brake Sensor reuse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:56 PM
ikold is on a distinguished road
Brake Sensor reuse

Can I re-use my brake sensors if they have not yet gone off? Am going to be replacing my rotors / pads and want to re use the sensors as they've not gone off yet.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:09 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
no you can't

Old 04-25-2010, 03:49 PM
nelsonmx is on a distinguished road
There are two issues that "may" prevent you from re-using them. The spring clips that hold the sensor in the brake pad may not hold properly as they may get deformed on removal from the old pads, and the next problem is the connector. I have broken several of the retainer clips on these. They seem to get brittle with age.....

However, as long as the sensor has not been worn through on each of the pads, yes they could be re-used.....

The last job I did I ordered as set just in case and I ended up installing them. The several previous jobs I didn't change them.....I believe they are about 13 or 14 dollars each so use your best judgment.

Bob

Old 04-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Zmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to all
Originally Posted by canberk
no you can't

Yes, you can , did it last night with no issue.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
You can also stop buying new sensors and just jump the two wires together at each connector. I check my car often and dont really need a device to tell me when to replace. Sound like you dont either!

Old 04-12-2014, 06:03 AM
duh
duh is on a distinguished road
The wear sensor physically wears. Its plastic molded around a single wire that once the wire is broken (worn through) the warning will come. If they havent worn through, you can reuse them, but sometimes it is difficult to remove them without cracking them.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:24 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the forum Duh. However, this thread is 4 years old.