Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

1st post been lurking for a while: question about GTS price?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 02:23 PM
JDPst20 is on a distinguished road
1st post been lurking for a while: question about GTS price?

Hello all. My name is Josh and I'm from Pittsburgh, PA. Ive been into cars all my life and always enjoy te pleasure of driving. In the past I've owned a 99 M3 which was tracked and loved as wellasan FX45 which was one SUV I absolutly loved. As of now I've put those cars behind me and moved on with buying a house with my wife and enjoying other things.

However, the itch is coming back to have something fun, reliable, and most importantly, be versital in all year round performance.

I'd love to have a new M3 but winter I would not want to drive it.

I've been lurking this forum for a while and I'm always looking at peoples GTS when they post and I can never stop watching videos on them.

My big question is, I know the new model cayennes are coming out end of this year/next year and was wondering what you all think the GTS price will fall to?I'm looking to pick up a 2008 model hopefully with most options and def a tow package to maybe in the future tow a small boat.

Also, what are some of the maintince costs of ownership? Brakes, oil change, ext? Just trying to get a budget together and idea of what the GTS is all about.

Thanks again for any input and I look forward to being a member of this forum.

- Josh

Old 05-18-2010, 04:42 PM
manishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud of
the cost will depend on the option and miles on the car, for the most part Porsche's do hold the values fairly well. If you buy a new one 2009/2010 from the dealer you can get pretty sweet discounts. But seeing that you are talking the 08 they should be already discounted, and if you find someone dumping the car you ought to be careful and get it checked. I also recommend getting having an extended warranty

I have an 08 GTS and no issues to report, the driving is pretty smooth...the oil change here in NB run $250 or so and the brakes are north of $2700 for all 4 including rotors I believe...good luck with your search and check craigslist or the market place here..

Last edited by manishdutta; 05-18-2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
The cayenne holds it prIce well minus the options. Options are never recovered with resale.
bought my gts new in 08 for 97k and last year it was
only worth 58k.
Almost 40% depreciation first
year.... Not great value holding.....