Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

iPad as replacement for PCM!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Ipad mini in 911

Attached Images   
Old 06-09-2013, 08:52 AM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Cole
Ipad mini in 911

That really makes the 996's interior look modern and clean.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
I've still kicked the idea around. Just haven't takent the time to do anything with it.

I have 6 cars, some classics, all have a different stereo set up. Which has its challenges. I've considered just making sure all of the have some sort of Bluetooth streaming capability and an iPad/Nexus mount so that I can just use my iPad as music/nav/etc in all of them and effectively streamline the interface.

I've seen a system for boats that is basically just a Bluetooth dongle hooked to an amp. Totally eliminating the head unit. This would be great for nearly every car. It could be totally concealed and just stream music from your phone/iPad/whatever. Especially nice for a track toy car where you want the weight reduction but also want tunes while using it on a weekend drive. Or in a classic where you want to keep the original radio look "most" of the time but want a modern source of music/nav sometimes.

Last edited by Cole; 06-09-2013 at 09:11 AM.